• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Mutants Movie News
1 1

485 posts in this topic

That site doesn't allow for a direct link to the article.

Josh Boone Reveals (Literal) First Look At New Mutants Movie -script

In seriousness, it’s kind of impressive to see so much progress on the film already, when it was only announced in May. Sure, Boone says the -script is still unfinished, but its nice to see the gears on the X-Men spinoff film are turning.

For those unfamiliar, New Mutants was the very first series to spin out of the X-Men comics. It introduced a new team of teenage mutants to Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, including franchise mainstays like Cannonball, Sunspot, Magik, Mirage, Warlock, and Wolfsbane. It was also the series where both Cable and Deadpool were introduced, and eventually morphed into X-Force.

It is impressive how rapidly he wrote that first draft. From everything he has shared since May, Josh Boone comes across like a hardcore comic fan.

Josh Boone NEW MUTANTS Update

Following the success of The Fault In Our Stars, Josh Boone has been courted for any number of projects, including the long delayed adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand. While that's still in his future, it was revealed earlier this year that Boone will direct and co-write (alongside Knate Gwaltney) New Mutants at Fox. Simon Kinberg will produce, and had this to say at the time:

"We’re so excited to explore this new part of the X-Men universe, and so excited to do it with Josh, who is uniquely suited to tell this story about young characters."

Simon Kinberg Offers Update On NEW MUTANTS Movie

On The Current Status Of Josh Boone's New Mutants:

"I don’t know what the production plan is. Like with all of these things, we have to get the -script right. That’s the most important part of it, and they’re just working on the first draft now, but the hope is that we’ll shoot it soon. And Josh has been game with this and gave us this incredibly elaborate presentation about New Mutants. He’s a huge comic book fan and grew up loving and reading specifically New Mutants, so he came with a whole movie presentation where he laid the film out and it was really cool."

Which NEW MUTANTS Member Is Now Confirmed For DEADPOOL Movie?

Earlier this year, 20th Century Fox announced work on a New Mutants movie, but now we know that fans will be seeing their first New Mutant very soon -- February 12, 2016 in fact. The studio has released three new Deadpool stills to Empire, and in the description of one the entertainment news website confirms that Negasonic Teenage Warhead (played by Brianna Hildebrand) is wearing a "New Mutants" costume.

"She may be wearing a black ensemble to make Neo jealous above, but Brianna Hildebrand does sport the odd bit of colour as Deadpool's surly compadre - and yes, that is indeed a New Mutants uniform below," said Empire's Emma Thrower.

k2YvoUv.png

I was wondering why the outfit change in that picture.

Fox better lock down Josh Boone soon on this movie (it looks like it could be called 'X-Men: The New Mutants'). He's got some big projects in the hopper.

‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Helmer Josh Boone Pushes Back Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ To Next Direct ‘Revival’

EXCLUSIVE: Josh Boone, who since directing the hit adaptation of the John Green novel The Fault In Our Stars has been scripting to direct such high-profile projects as the Anne Rice novel adaptation of Vampire Chronicles and X-Men: The New Mutants, has found what he hopes will be his next film.

On spec and in concert with producer Michael De Luca and author Stephen King, Boone has penned an adaptation of Revival, based on King’s 2014 bestseller about a charismatic preacher who loses his faith when his wife and child are killed in a tragic accident.

cnn6oqn.png

X-Men Movies Spinoff New Mutants Likely To Feature Familiar Faces

Producer Simon Kinberg offered an update on the status of that film.

“Josh Boone and his writing partner are working on the -script,” Kinberg tells IGN. “They're doing a really nice job of it, and it's a really cool one, because in many ways, like Deadpool was so different from the mainline X-Men movies, New Mutants… It’s maybe not as different as Deadpool, but it has its own unique, original voice to it."

"That's the fun for me,” Kinberg continues, “working in the X-Men universe, creating these sort of standalone movies that have a different vibe to them. And New Mutants has more of a YA [Young Adult] vibe to it.”

Fans of Marvel’s mutants are likely wondering which characters will be featured in the film. Kinberg says they have plenty to choose from. “There's a very deep bench,” he says. “There's a long, long list of names, and I'll tell you some of the names on that list I don't even know. That's how deep it goes.”

:whee:

First Three New Mutants Announced!

And sure enough, Maisie Williams is attached now as Wolfsbane, better known as Rahne Sinclair. When I was a New Mutants fan during the initial run of the title back in the ‘80s, Rahne was always one of the most emotional parts of the puzzle. She’s a shape-shifter, a wee Scottish werewolf, and her immersion into the world of Xavier’s school was part of what hooked me on the series originally.

It appears that Anya Taylor-Joy, who made such an impression on audiences in The Witch, also made an impression on producers Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler-Donner, as she’ll be stepping up to play Illya Rasputin, aka Magik. That’s a great role, and it makes me laugh that you can almost read The Witch as a prequel at that point.

It looks like they’ll also be casting Cannonball, Sunspot, and Mirage, so they really are going for the most traditional version of the team, the first line-up, and that makes me extremely happy. You can expect James McAvoy to play a significant role in the film, which makes sense, and Alexandra Shipp, who plays Storm in this summer’s X-Men: Apocalypse, will make the jump to this team as well.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/exclusive-are-these-josh-boones-first-three-new-mutants

Awesome! Ask and ye shall receive. lol

I am glad to see this project moving forward finally.

Don't get too excited to start slapping those 3X market price tags on the bags just yet.

:baiting:

Fox Debunks 'NEW MUTANTS' Casting Rumors

Earlier this week, producer Simon Kinberg was out talking about the film, discussing topics ranging from the film's tone to the kinds of characters we could see pop up in it. Then yesterday, HitFix published a report claiming to have the identity of two of the characters featured in the film and- more importantly- who's playing them.

Their report claimed that Maisie Williams (GAME OF THRONES) would be playing Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane, and that Anya Taylor-Joy (THE WITCH) would be playing Illya Rasputin/Magik in NEW MUTANTS. But now Nerdist has come forward to debunk this report. They claim to have reached out to Fox directly, and the response was: "Not True."

This, of course, could just be the studio deflecting the story temporarily while it works out the deals with the actors. It wouldn't be the first time a studio has denied a casting, only to officially reveal it later on.

:ohnoez:

Don't get too excited to start slapping those 3X market price tags on the bags just yet.

Earlier this week, producer Simon Kinberg was out talking about the film, discussing topics ranging from the film's tone to the kinds of characters we could see pop up in it. Then yesterday, HitFix published a report claiming to have the identity of two of the characters featured in the film and- more importantly- who's playing them.

Their report claimed that Maisie Williams (GAME OF THRONES) would be playing Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane, and that Anya Taylor-Joy (THE WITCH) would be playing Illya Rasputin/Magik in NEW MUTANTS. But now Nerdist has come forward to debunk this report. They claim to have reached out to Fox directly, and the response was: "Not True."

This, of course, could just be the studio deflecting the story temporarily while it works out the deals with the actors. It wouldn't be the first time a studio has denied a casting, only to officially reveal it later on.

Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I'd be shocked if the rumors don't turn out to be true.

Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I'd be shocked if the rumors don't turn out to be true.

How I feel too. Something close will happen soon, closer to X-Men: Apocalypse maybe.