• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Divinity - first new title character from Valiant gets its own CGC forum topic

231 posts in this topic

So, I have been looking at some original art for this series and putting together a framed piece in my head. I reread the TPB to see which pages gave me the feels. I noticed that Divinity's outfit changes throughout the series. Now that I have noticed it, it is hard for me not to. I don't think anything in the story explains it.

Flip through the issues looking at the number of circular lights on the front of the cosmonaut outfit, it jumps from 5 to 3 to 6 to none. Also, the back of the outfit shifts from 3 oil can looking things with lights on them to just one circular light in the middle of Abram's back....I know it is my OCD and don't let it detract from the story, but...thoughts? Anyone else notice?

26234.jpg

DIVINITY_004_COVER-A_DJURDJEVIC-700x350.png

DIVINITY_003_VARIANT_GILL-310x470.jpg

I'll say one thing about that - take it as you will.

If Jim Shooter was the editor stuff like that would never happen. Of course, other stuff would happen, but not that. :baiting:

If they like the 'error' management can write it into the plot, EW scars-style. If not, they can just make sure it doesn't happen again.

I may have just earned a gold book! :acclaim:

He's Divinity. If he can make a paradise grow in the desert, then he can sure as hell change how many effing lights are on his suit.

The better for him to see when it is dark out!

Warren Simons tweeted this pic today, it is the first artwork shown for Divinity 2.

Someone more savvy than me can post the image in the thread, I can't get it to show up. Here is the link.

When did Valiant hire Liefeld?

I don't see a battle between the number of teeth and the number of pouches, so it's definitely not Liefeld. hm

Hah!

But seriously -- I wouldn't mind seeing Liefeld do some work for VEI.

His alternate covers for Dynamite's Magnus 1 and (especially) Doctor Spektor 1 weren't at all bad, although Bob Layton's Magnus 1 alternate was by far the biggest coup of all.

When did Valiant hire Liefeld?

I don't see a battle between the number of teeth and the number of pouches, so it's definitely not Liefeld. hm

Hah!

But seriously -- I wouldn't mind seeing Liefeld do some work for VEI.

His alternate covers for Dynamite's Magnus 1 and (especially) Doctor Spektor 1 weren't at all bad, although Bob Layton's Magnus 1 alternate was by far the biggest coup of all.

His issue of Deathmate should be shipping any day now.