• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

On 17/11/2017 at 2:28 AM, VintageComics said:

I liked this. I thought it was about as good as the original, and while the original was great it's important to step back and put it into perspective. Marvel took a forgettable franchise with a bunch of characters that nobody could possibly care about and build a world class franchise out of it.

I enjoyed this one more than the first.

56 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I actually was bit disappointed as the original was great and this one was a little light and felt some of the story was a little over the top 

I definitely didn't like it as much as the first, probably because it was the same as the first. Also because I don't see Yondu as a character, I see Michael Rooker playing Michael Rooker. 

Stern Blows Us Away With New Guardians Of The Galaxy Pinball Machine

image_uploaded_from_ios-1.jpg

Stern is the gold standard when it comes to pinball machines. I’ve played their machines for a long time, as has our own Baltimore Lauren. We held our inaugural Pinball Mania on their Star Wars machine at SDCC this past July. Someday I hope to own one in my home, but alas, I do not yet. This would be a candidate for one to own, however.

Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, proudly announced today the availability of a new line of pinball machines celebrating the popular movie franchise, Guardians of the Galaxy. Guardians of the Galaxy pinball machines will be available in Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models. The Guardians of the Galaxy are a fictional intergalactic superhero team based on the successful American comic book series published by Marvel Comics.

The game will immerse players in a dynamic, challenging, and galactic pinball environment where Star-Lord, Rocket, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, and Groot battle Ronan to stop him from using the Infinity Stone to destroy the galaxy.

James Gunn Says Rocket's Creator Hidden in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'

Easter eggs are a big deal in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, particularly in the Guardians of the Galaxy films. Now, director James Gunn has revealed that there's a major one involving Rocket tucked away in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Responding to a fan's question about who created the fan-beloved genetically engineered raccoon, Gunn replied that if fans looked carefully they'd find that Rocket's creator was carefully hidden somewhere in Vol. 2.

d6Ev30f.png

While it's pretty vague as clues go, it has sent fans off on a detail-oriented re-watch of the film trying to figure out exactly who the mysterious creator is and where they appear in the film. Fans have speculated that Rocket's creator is anyone from David Hasselhoff to Thanos himself, with the Thanos theory bolstered by Nebula's (Karen Gillam) explanation to Gamora (Zoe Saldana) how the villain would tear her apart and rebuild her cybernetically after each failed fight between the two sisters. However, some fans took a more practical approach, reminding everyone that Rocket Raccoon's creators in the comics, Bill Mantlo and Keith Giffen, are listed in the credits.

lol

Talk about keeping fans searching. Between this and the last Guardians secret to be identified, he has them hooked.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I definitely didn't like it as much as the first, probably because it was the same as the first. Also because I don't see Yondu as a character, I see Michael Rooker playing Michael Rooker. 

To be fair Michael Rooker plays Michael Rooker in everything. There is no difference between Yondu and his character in Walking Dead.

Yondu is the first character Rooker has played that doesn't have a red neck, and so, personally, I think we saw a 100% improvement in his acting range in this film.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/4/2017 at 5:44 AM, bane said:

To be fair Michael Rooker plays Michael Rooker in everything. There is no difference between Yondu and his character in Walking Dead.

I disagree. I didn't care for him in the WD, but loved him in Guardians. 

On 5/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, PEP said:

I had high hopes for the movie, especially since I think GOTG is the best Marvel movie, but this was very underwhelming and lame.  It started out promising with the flashback and great song but after that it went downhill fast.   I don't want to be a debbie downer but here's my take on some of it.  I'm sure I'll remember other stuff laters.

Reveal hidden contents

- It seemed right off the bat that there was a lot of sexual innuendo, talking about male genitalia, and cussing.  I'm no prude and my partner leaned over to me after the Yondu brothel scene mentioning about a lot of innuendo.  Not sure what's up with that but this is the first time I've outright noticed that before. 

- Another scene that seemed weird was when Ego was showing them his creepy moving statues when he found that little girl then showing him meeting Peter's mom.  He looked like some sort of weird pedo creeping on that little girl with his 70s look.  Then later on when he showed Peter those statues of him making out with all those other females seemed really out of place.  Just very odd.

- The soundtrack with the exception of maybe 2 songs is terrible, there are so many other songs that would have made the movie "feel" better, I think that really helped in the first movie.

- Can someone explain those weird gold looking people???  Don't remember them in the comics and it looked silly when they were on the gamer biker screens playing galaga.

- The CGI on Ego was terrible, it looked like they were in the Lord of the Rings or The Wizard of Oz.  I was expecting to see a hobbit or muchkin running around.

- The CGI fight scene between Ego and Peter was bad; pacman...really?  It's taken Ego millions of years to get where he is and to have Peter and his bunch take him out so easily was underwhelming.  It really made being a celestial not really a big deal, especially after showing what they could do in the first GOTG.  It would have made more sense to have Peters dad be a less powerful being.

- The best parts were Nebula and Yondu.  Drax also had really good scenes with Mantis.  But Nebula and Yondu were what made this movie bearable/enjoyable.  Their inner struggles and sacrifices made me actually care for them and feel sad at the end of the movie.

- They could make a movie just on Nebula and Gamora by what they revealed in this movie.

- Sly looked pretty good for being 70 or was it all CGI?  They did a good job on young Kurt Russell back in the 80s, digged the feathered hair. 

- So is Stan Lee a watcher or not?  I'd say not if he needs to wear a spacesuit???  Was expecting more on the end credit scenes, nothing exciting.  Was hoping for a Thanos cameo.

- I really really really wanted to love this movie but I'll give it a 5/10. 

Well dang James Gunn, some of my comments from last year make perfect sense now......  hm:facepalm:

Edited by PEP