• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supergirl pilot hit the web

5 posts in this topic

I just finished watching the pilot for Supergirl. I enjoyed it, it seemed to flow, some changes to the comic, but they kept it going. Was a show that will be fun to watch and enjoy

Good lord this was bad:

The whole thing was very rushed…almost everything in that 6 minute trailer happens in the first half of the episode.

It was extremely cheesy…corny lines…flimsy plot line. Honestly…the Wonder Woman pilot wasn't THIS bad.

Most of the actors are all wrong…with the exception of Kara, almost everyone else seems out of place.

Crappy plot holes…could her sister not notify her by cell phone that the plane was going down? Why is her sister standing outside her apartment loudly saying her name and the fact she has powers? How does Cat Grant not recognize Kara in that clear picture of Supergirl? (Don't tell me the glasses…)

The good:

Dean Cain and Helen Slater as her adoptive parents! Awesome!

The cameo by Despero on the screen was a welcome sight for anyone tired of Superman villains Lex or Zod.

The special effects weren't bad for a TV show

Downloaded the pilot episode.

The good: the girl (very cute).

The bad: everything else.

The family watched it tonight. Lower production value and much rougher around the corners across the board. But I'll watch another. I liked the pic of Despero.

Comparing this from the Flash's first episode, its a giant leap down. Flash got better, hopefully this will get a LOT better. At times felt like a bad rip off of Superman the Movie and Flash.

Hopefully they can turn this around. :wishluck:

C+