• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

- CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED

51 posts in this topic

0d7cf28a-456f-40b9-89c7-75d1df69d28d_zpssxdrgo9h.jpg

WELCOME TO CLOONEYTHON 20 - THE GOLDEN, SILVER, BRONZE AREA EDITION

- 1st :takeit: in the sales thread beats ANY agreement between parties via PM or elsewhere unless I put item on hold in the thread. If someone posts the take it sign in the time it takes me to mark it on hold, you also will lose item. If you're really worried about losing the item, then you better post :takeit: it here in the sales thread ;)

- Paypal only please.

- No probies, HOS or people who I choose not to sell to or those on my personal ignore list.

- Payment required within three days after you are sent an invoice unless prior arrangements are made beforehand. After that, books are back up for sale.

- Shipping will boxed Priority/insured for USA domestic addresses and added on to the sale. Slabs shipping starts at $13-$15... raws usually less. Any excess shipping will be refunded of course. Out of USA shipping is available, but will be expensive and exact.

- Returns gladly accepted within 7 days of receipt of package.

Need to see how legit I am... here are 30+ pages of my kudos.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4281199#Post4281199&fpart=1

Oh and click on the line directly below this and...

FEEL FREE TO ADD TO YOUR PURCHASES FROM CT20 IN MIXED !:

george04-1.jpg

BATMAN # 5 - CGC 6.5 - OFF WHITE PAGES - $2475

Beautiful book. Gaze upon it and feel your own inner Bat ;)

SOLD VIA SUPER SECRET PM TO A SERIOUS (AND NICE) BUYER !

HATE TO SEE IT GO... BUT I WISH IT WELL :D

IMG_20131221_144955_305_zpsc59cq7z0.jpg

BATMAN # 4 - CGC 4.0 - $1950 $1925

Sweet red cover. 75 year old book. My Dad was one year old when this came out.

Tomorrows Treasures has a restored VG copy listed on ebay for $2400. Take this one home for about five bills less and also without restoration.

IMG_20140109_155250_979_zpscnycqn21.jpg

BATMAN # 19 - CGC 5.0 QUALIFIED GREEN LABEL - $300

SOLD TO AndyFish

Imagine my surprise when this came back to me last May with a Qualified label. Married cover with staples replaced. I guess if I would have looked closer I would have noticed that the staples were too nice for this old of a book.

I had owned this for a year before I sent it in to have it graded. I purchased it from a fellow boardie I had done a fair amount of business with (buying and selling) and was not informed of any work being done to the book... nor was the concept of a married cover revealed to me at any time. That said, I trusted the guy.

The seller? mikeegg.

The sales thread...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=295665&Number=6612058#Post6612058

Sent ole Mike a PM about this on 5/17/14 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike another PM about this on 11/9/14 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike another PM on 2/8/15 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike one last PM on 5/19/15 which hasn't been read.

I'm done sending messages. I liked Mike and we had some great transactions... but to not acknowledge PM's concerning problem product is not cool in my book.

Since I have no idea what happened to him, I have chosen not to pursue PL status until I hear from him and his reasons for not returning my PMs. Anyone who wants to complain about that can do so in their own free time. I've done enough business with him to at least allow him that much and hopefully he will PM me.

That said, until he does... do yourself a favor and please keep this seller and this instance in your mind should he come back.

That said, I'm selling the book at $300 to try to recoup some of the cash spent.

It is a really sweet looking copy... just has a married cover ;)

IMG_20150524_194333_766_zpslkya7uk1.jpg

BATMAN # 19 - CGC 5.0 QUALIFIED GREEN LABEL - $300

Imagine my surprise when this came back to me last May with a Qualified label. Married cover with staples replaced. I guess if I would have looked closer I would have noticed that the staples were too nice for this old of a book.

I had owned this for a year before I sent it in to have it graded. I purchased it from a fellow boardie I had done a fair amount of business with (buying and selling) and was not informed of any work being done to the book... nor was the concept of a married cover revealed to me at any time. That said, I trusted the guy.

The seller? mikeegg.

The sales thread...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=295665&Number=6612058#Post6612058

Sent ole Mike a PM about this on 5/17/14 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike another PM about this on 11/9/14 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike another PM on 2/8/15 which was read and not answered.

Sent ole Mike one last PM on 5/19/15 which hasn't been read.

I'm done sending messages. I liked Mike and we had some great transactions... but to not acknowledge PM's concerning problem product is not cool in my book.

Since I have no idea what happened to him, I have chosen not to pursue PL status until I hear from him and his reasons for not returning my PMs. Anyone who wants to complain about that can do so in their own free time. I've done enough business with him to at least allow him that much and hopefully he will PM me.

That said, until he does... do yourself a favor and please keep this seller and this instance in your mind should he come back.

That said, I'm selling the book at $300 to try to recoup some of the cash spent.

It is a really sweet looking copy... just has a married cover ;)

IMG_20150524_194333_766_zpslkya7uk1.jpg

Drama! :o

But it actually is a nice looking book -- much nicer looking than a 5.0. hm

BLACKHAWK # 228 - CGC 9.6 - OWTWP - $250 $ 225

Justice League appearance... classic cover... 1st Dillin artwork on JLA... highest graded out of only 12 slabbed total copies....what more could you ask for? Cool cover that any George would love.

a67dce70-fb77-4ee8-a403-02181eba7904_zps7b9sseye.jpg

SHAZAM # 8 - CGC 9.8 - WHITE PAGES - SUSCHA NEWS COPY - $525 $500

Black Adam? Check. Squarebound 100 page giant? Check. Suscha News Pedigree? Check. Perfect 9.8 copy with white pages? Check.

IMG_20150524_203538_060_zpsayczlech.jpg

May as well relist this one again...

BOB STEELE WESTERN # 8 - CGC 9.0 - WHITE PAGES - $200 $175

From the EDGAR CHURCH MILE HIGH Collection. Beautiful yellow cover on this one. Looks fresh off the rack.

Don't you want to own a book from this pedigree that won't break your bank?

IMG_4691_zpsugnknfih.jpg

It's very possible the previous seller didn't know about the work. I've been collecting golden age comics for 30+years and I'm always curious how they can tell a cover has been married vs cover detached or reattached.

Still, it's a great looking book and one I'm looking for.

hmmmm

It's very possible the previous seller didn't know about the work. I've been collecting golden age comics for 30+years and I'm always curious how they can tell a cover has been married vs cover detached or reattached.

Still, it's a great looking book and one I'm looking for.

hmmmm

This is true about him not knowing... thus me giving him over a year to read my multiple PM's on the subject... and then not get back to me :sorry:

I've always wondered how they could tell covers were married as well. hm I'd say it might have something to do with the acidity or ph of the paper matching the acidity or ph of the cover. hm

But who knows except the Board scientists ? (shrug)

It is still a sweet looking book ;)