• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

Here is my AMF 2.4 I recently bought. Never really had much interest in Centaurs until I bought that collection. While I have no desire to buy the AMF run I'm attracted to a few of the covers. 

597cdb274f827_AMF2.thumb.jpg.fbc8ef5512c4341e914a2d77e45a5eb8.jpg

:takeit::flipbait::applause:

46 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

Now I need someone to post the Sand Hogs story from 2.5 so I can see if our Sand Hogs survived the terrible predicament they are in. :frustrated: 

The two-part Sand Hogs story is reprinted in Amazing Adventure Funnies 2 (if you can find a copy).

30 minutes ago, sacentaur said:
3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Steve;

Any idea if these 27 Centaurs that are currently in the HA auction is just the initial batch of books from the OO collection or will there be more Centaurs or other books coming out from this collection here?  hm  :wishluck:

Not sure, but I'm guessing this is it.

Not all 27 are from the same source.

Yes, as I believe one of them came from some guy named Edgar Church.  lol  (thumbsu

20 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

Just in hand today, a win for my motorcycle cover collection...my first Centaur. :headbang: Also, it takes the title for "oldest book" in my collection (barely edging out another motorcycle cover - Detective #16).

Looks like this is the copy that sold on Heritage last year in an old label 6.0 slab (that is, the 6.0 copy that no longer appears on the census). A week or so ago, it turned up in Ritter's "new arrivals" in a brand new, fancy 6.5 slab.

Fine.... :takeit:

For you Centaur die-hards who keep track of these, this copy is now in Atlanta:

starcomics10_f.jpg

Really nice Ed, looks beautiful! :applause:

2 hours ago, lhcomics said:

A few of the HA Centaurs are from the collection I bought last summer and posted about in this thread so they are not all from one owner.

Here is my AMF 2.4 I recently bought. Never really had much interest in Centaurs until I bought that collection. While I have no desire to buy the AMF run I'm attracted to a few of the covers. 

Now I need someone to post the Sand Hogs story from 2.5 so I can see if our Sand Hogs survived the terrible predicament they are in. :frustrated: 

597cdb274f827_AMF2.thumb.jpg.fbc8ef5512c4341e914a2d77e45a5eb8.jpg597cdb4849351_AMF2_4bc.thumb.jpg.1e02d6e06d6940de51209fd263cb6f08.jpg

Leroy , is that the motor city copy? 

55 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

Just in hand today, a win for my motorcycle cover collection...my first Centaur. :headbang: Also, it takes the title for "oldest book" in my collection (barely edging out another motorcycle cover - Detective #16).

Looks like this is the copy that sold on Heritage last year in an old label 6.0 slab (that is, the 6.0 copy that no longer appears on the census). A week or so ago, it turned up in Ritter's "new arrivals" in a brand new, fancy 6.5 slab.

starcomics10_f.jpg

58 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

starcomics10_f.jpg

Looks like you managed to pick it up at the same Make an Offer price which I had given to him through Heritage back in June.

I guess he must still have had the book out for grading at the time since Heritage never heard back from him.  He was probably hoping for an even high grade on the book based upon how nicely it presents for the grade.  I guess he still did alright in the end as he had picked it up only a few weeks earlier in the May Heritage Auction for only $776. 

Congrats on picking up a very nicely presenting copy of a HTF and first Centaur issue of this Star Comics run.  :applause:

3 hours ago, edowens71 said:

starcomics10_f.jpg

Beautiful copy.  Looks better than a 6.5.  I can see why Ritter believed it to be undergraded.

17 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
20 hours ago, edowens71 said:

starcomics10_f.jpg

Beautiful copy.  Looks better than a 6.5.  I can see why Ritter believed it to be undergraded.

Yes, especially after no doubt working on the book and then having to pay additional grading and shipping fees on the book.

Especially when he could have simply sold it to me for the same price without incurring all of that unnecessary work and incremental costs.  doh!

21 hours ago, sacentaur said:
On 7/29/2017 at 9:42 AM, lou_fine said:

Steve;

Any idea if these 27 Centaurs that are currently in the HA auction is just the initial batch of books from the OO collection or will there be more Centaurs or other books coming out from this collection here?  hm  :wishluck:

Not sure, but I'm guessing this is it.

Looks like there's actually more than just these 27 Centaurs to start off the auction. :gossip:

Finally leafed through the catalogue after having it for the entire week and there's another entire page of lower grade Centaurs (11 of them in total) to start off the Saturday portion of the auction.  hm

41 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

AMAN11Church.png

Yowza!!!  :whatthe: 

Steve, you are absolutely killing it with your books.

I assume this must be fresh out from your own personal collection which you just got back from CGC since it's not even listed in their census report yet.

Looks like a long ways down for their current highest graded copy since it's sitting all the way down at a middling Fine + 6.5.

Congrats on an another fantastic book from your collection.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

21 hours ago, sacentaur said:

AMAN11Church.png

One of my favorite AMAN covers, and this copy is a dream.  Don't recall seeing this one when we did the viewing of your collection, but then again, it was somewhat of an overwhelming experience! (also almost a decade ago now)