• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Legend of Conan movie

41 posts in this topic

Yes, I'd love to see a Conan movie really based on one of the stories.

Red Nails or Tower of the Elephant or People of the Black Circle....oh man, what they could do...

The Hour of the Dragon

Queen of the Black Coast

Phoenix on the Sword

So much potential for greatness and we get another Milius trainwreck. doh!

Yes, I'd love to see a Conan movie really based on one of the stories.

Red Nails or Tower of the Elephant or People of the Black Circle....oh man, what they could do...

The Hour of the Dragon

Queen of the Black Coast

Phoenix on the Sword

So much potential for greatness and we get another Milius trainwreck. doh!

Exactly

Oh brother!

Upcoming LEGEND OF CONAN Could Lead to Cinematic Universe of Robert E. Howard Creations

In a recent interview with Dealine regarding the upcoming The Legend of Conan, a direct sequel to 1982's Conan the Barbarian, Frederick Malmberg, the sole owner of the rights to the Creations of Robert E. Howard (Including Conan), said the following:

"We look at how Marvel played out with its rich based of characters, and this too is a universe that lends itself to exploitation in TV and film..."

Exploitation in TV and film?

Oh brother!

Upcoming LEGEND OF CONAN Could Lead to Cinematic Universe of Robert E. Howard Creations

In a recent interview with Dealine regarding the upcoming The Legend of Conan, a direct sequel to 1982's Conan the Barbarian, Frederick Malmberg, the sole owner of the rights to the Creations of Robert E. Howard (Including Conan), said the following:

"We look at how Marvel played out with its rich based of characters, and this too is a universe that lends itself to exploitation in TV and film..."

Exploitation in TV and film?

Maybe he's thinking about giving Conan the "Spartacus" treatment. I can see that, although I would imagine they'd probably tone down the level of sex on the show. That'd be over the top even for Conan.

I'd still watch it though :grin:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Says New Conan Film Still In Works, Calls It Conan The Conqueror

"Conan the Conqueror,” says Arnold, "where I’m sitting on the throne for years and years - decades, and then all of the sudden, the time comes when they want to overthrow me. So that story WILL be told and that movie WILL be done."

“Yes,” confirms Arnold, “as a matter of fact, it (The Legend of Conan) has been written and we are now looking for directors so this is a serious drive (now for Conan).”

As to Schwarzenegger’s ability to reprise such a physically demanding role at the age of 69, the star says he isn’t worried:

"One of the advantages for when you train every day,” begins Arnold, "when you bicycle everyday, when you work out every day is that age is not registering in the body the same with everyone else. Because when you stay in shape, you do turn back the clock. So I feel great and the last few movies that I’ve done, I’ve done many of my own stunts. I did all the physical stuff and it didn’t wipe me out and I have plenty of energy and feel really terrific. So I am absolutely convinced that I can do the Conan movie and do the horseback riding, the sword fights and all the fighting.”

Why call it "Conqueror" when the the premise of the story is to just repel an usurp attempt and not really conquer anything? Whose writing this? God, I really hope they don't screw this up. And definitely no friggin' "origin" story again.

Not sure if 70 year old Arnold is what is needed to revive this franchise. A director with a clear vision would be a good start.

and a well written story.

If Arnold is in good enough shape to do what is required he will do a good job.

I am all for a King Conan tale.

Holy! If they found a younger actor that looked this badass, that would be one heck of a killer movie.

Conan Exiles Announcement Trailer Released

Funcom's has announce Conan Exiles, a new game based on Robert E. Howard’s pulp fantasy character that will make its way to PC in Early Access this summer, prior to a full launch on both PC and console.

Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game that challenges players to survive in the harsh wasteland world of Hyboria.

Holy! If they found a younger actor that looked this badass, that would be one heck of a killer movie.

Conan Exiles Announcement Trailer Released

Funcom's has announce Conan Exiles, a new game based on Robert E. Howard’s pulp fantasy character that will make its way to PC in Early Access this summer, prior to a full launch on both PC and console.

Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game that challenges players to survive in the harsh wasteland world of Hyboria.

only if the guy can act and has the presence needed.

It is why I have always felt Arnold was the perfect Conan in Conan the Barbarian, he has the physical look and the presence.