• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A most memorial Memorial Day find ($100 Contest- See Pg 10)

132 posts in this topic

Did that Yellow Kid expert guy know why the corners were clipped?

I am thinking that maybe they were part of the "Battlestar Galactica" pedigree...sorry, couldn't resist.

Still have yet to gather any intelligence on the how, who or why on the corners, but one thing does rise from it and that is that this has always been kept as a set. As mentioned, if this was a set/run that someone had been collecting over years, you'd obviously have a variety of specimens of grade. We can almost agree that the cutting was done by one person, and possibly the OO. Like I said, not much to work with these days.

So, I have given it much thought and decided that the best auction house for these books was Heritage. I happen to be a Clink guy for most everything and anything else, but this time and because of the scarcity and given the extensive clientele of Heritage, they were the obvious choice, hands down. I'm already and super stoked with the speed and quality they have shown getting these displayed

http://comics.ha.com/itm/-this-item-has-been-entered-into-our-system-and-is-now-going-through-the-imaging-and-describing-process-further-details-will-be-added-before-the-auction-posts-for-bidding/p/7147-103001.s?ic2=myconsignmentspage-lotlinks-12202013#Photo

I know they have yet to write up some good :blahblah: and I look forward to seeing that. I was promised something a little catchy in the catalog, and as an added bonus Barry Sandoval has agreed to create a special full color hand out sheet solely of them in the up coming auction. I asked for this because I am set up at Boston Comicon this year and I will be able to plug these special books at the con on my own. Heritage will also be doing the same at SDCC and where ever else they may be. I cant say I have ever been so pleased with dealing with an auction house. I have a very competitive commission rate, given all the added bells and whistles.

It was brought up and I did agree that these books be sold as a set of issue 1-9 and 11 will go off by itself. The books we agreed were found as a set and will likely want to be kept that way by most any owner. To run them individually could very well possibly force a few bidders out after they did not get issue #1. That was the logic anyway. I'm hoping for hot and heavy bidding when they hit the floor in late August and good luck to those of you who bid and especially the winner. Would love to see them go to a boardie buddy.

Good Luck, can't wait to watch and see what they go for. Congrats again :applause:

I think it's great that you got your own advertising thread right here in CG. And with a pretty atrocious word misuse in the title to boot!

(thumbs u

CONTEST $100 Paypal personal for the one who can guess the final hammer including BP. You can be over or under, but just be closest. Remember its for issue #1-9 and not #11.

Post your bid 1 time by August 25th 2015 Midnight EST, no editing. (tsk)

Contestants:

11,200 october

18,550 01TheDude

20,000 mysterio

20,500 Murphman13

22,562 mrwoogieman

29,487 cujobyte

30,000 aadvark88

38,000 KAV

43,334 Shizzlemetimbers

44,500 Rymenoceros

47,232 Securitybob

49,975 anstettoman

51,975 Fastballspecial

53,500 comicdonna

55,000 Gatchaman

58,210 Sandflea

60,000 mr highgrade

68,750 skypinkblu

122,000 Lavaman

150,000 rJamesWhenbloom

The special flyer created by Heritage.

image_zpshyr8hcvw.jpg

That's very, very cool! And I love that you're keeping them all together. I think it will help the price too.

Hope the auction exceeds your expectations! :)

did Heritage advise you break the 10 books into two lots and make 11 its own sale?

Was that because CGC classified #11 as not a Yellow Kid book because of a title change to Yellow Book?

interesting. Makes me wonder if #10 was ever printed (none in the census).

I hope they sell the #11 after the sale of the 1-9.

GLWTS

PS-- any deadline as to when the guess at the final hammer price needs to be submitted?

did Heritage advise you break the 10 books into two lots and make 11 its own sale?

Yes it was brought up by Heritage to sell as a lot. The Yellow Kid run is from 1-9 and that is a complete run. Beginning with issue 10, the title changed to the Yellow Book. So because I am missing 10 and I do have 11, it seemed like it just didn't fit. A bidder who wanted the set of 1-9 Yellow Kids, likely wouldn't care for the 11 nor pay any extra for the lot. I agreed with HA to keep it as a set.

PS-- any deadline as to when the guess at the final hammer price needs to be submitted?

Lets make the deadline for your final guesses August 25th, Midnight EST. The books will likely have bids by then and you'll have a better shot at picking a likely final bid.

Did you decide not to sell them? Heritage shows consignment deadline has passed. They also estimated value at $4100 which surprised me.