• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Romance Collectors Thread
7 7

520 posts in this topic

I can't remember..... Irish Girl is early Falling in Love, and Ferris Wheel is an Atlas..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The ferris wheel book is Lovers 81. Great Colletta cover (a favorite of Dr. Love's wife's)... and a great interior Baker story, to boot.

I can't remember..... Irish Girl is early Falling in Love, and Ferris Wheel is an Atlas..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The ferris wheel book is Lovers 81. Great Colletta cover (a favorite of Dr. Love's wife's)... and a great interior Baker story, to boot.

Lovers 81 has a carousel, not a ferris wheel, but a cool cover either way.

Nice pickups Sqeggs! and Croc on the Falling in Love 1! That is a tough book for sure. I've never seen it in really high grade.

While DC's formula was heartbreak, Atlas mixed it up. We'll never know the specifics but I think that when Colletta got control of artistic direction he took it to a place more consistent with his temperment: upbeat and optimistic.

Reaching for the brass ring. "wonderful things happen...when you fall in love!"

Loves81fc101_zps3b8a7708.jpg

Raindrops are hiding her teardrops! :D

Who knew Roy Batty was a romance collector?

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die."

GirlsRomances68fc100_zps973de7e3.jpg

GirlsLove141fc100_zps833c563a.jpg

ConfidentialDiary13f_zpsrmkppq3q.jpg

These books were (I assume) on the stands in the heart of my comic buying mania as a kid, yet I honestly don't recall having ever seen them. Maybe they were kept with the teen mags? hm

Or maybe they were there with the other comics but I didn't pay any attention to them.

lf_zps2plnihnz.jpg

These books were (I assume) on the stands in the heart of my comic buying mania as a kid, yet I honestly don't recall having ever seen them. Maybe they were kept with the teen mags? hm

Or maybe they were there with the other comics but I didn't pay any attention to them.

I'm pretty sure romance comics were invisible if you were a 12 year old boy. In my own memory I recall going from reading nothing but Harvey until I was nine, to never seeing them again.