• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best tape to avoid tape pull

25 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a tape to use that minimizes, or even eliminates, the occasional tape pull?

Not looking for methods to avoid it, just recommendations on the best tape to use.

I know it's cliche, but this is not for me, but for a friend.

I posted a video on here a while back of a guy using the same method I use for taping my bags. I can't find it right away, but it's pretty simple. I double the tape over (sticky sides together) to make a pull tab out of the tape. I always put the "tab" upwards on the flap, so when you pull it the tape sticks to the bag and not the flap.

masking tape would probably be the easiest tape to remove from a comic without damage, especially if it was a new adhesion. I imagine it would still be possible to create a pull though.

masking tape would probably be the easiest tape to remove from a comic without damage, especially if it was a new adhesion. I imagine it would still be possible to create a pull though.

I use blue painters tape. It looks nice, no tape pull, and it leaves no residue (thumbs u

of8BeWz.jpg?1

I usually don't use tape:

Simple.

Don't use tape.

I "tuck" the bags. No Tape. No Pulls.

But when I need to secure something:

Post-It Notes Flags.

Simple.

Don't use tape.

I "tuck" the bags. No Tape. No Pulls.

:applause:

Been doing this for at least 25 years, works perfect! Even with thicker mylars, I just snip the corners of the flaps at a 45 degree angle and it tucks in nice and easy. No tape on my bags!

Scotch REMOVABLE Magic Tape! Model 811 for me

I have been using this for 20+ years on tens of thousands of bags. NEVER had a tape pull damage a book.

This is not to say that I have never had tape touch a book, but the adhesive is the.same as that for the post-lr notes or sign heres mentioned above, however much less expensive. The roll cost about 3. And has 1296 inches of tape per roll.

When you open the flap & if you have the tape going up & down (as opposed to side-to-side), then just fold the tape onto the front of the bag so it sticks to that & makes a bit of a loop out of the flap of the bag.

As for tape, I just use regular scotch tape. I have had exactly 1 tape pull in my life.

I usually only use one piece of tape per bag, and at a slight angle off vertical. Since this is not strong stick tape, I sometimes need 2 fir a bag

The pic of 811 tape is almost what I use. I go for the

1/2 inch not the 3/4 inxh