• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - RARE Will Eisner and Stan Lee 1934 and 1939 High School Yearbook

18 posts in this topic

No HOS or Probies. PMs welcome but first :takeit: in the thread takes the book. Domestic shipping is included - add $20 for overseas shipping.

This is a 1934 DeWitt Clinton High School yearbook from when Will Eisner attended. Eisner's woodcuts are shown throughout the book. He designed the front cover as well and is mentioned as being on the newspaper staff (along with group photo). One page mentions a play that they performed with returning alumnist Robert Kahn (i.e. Bob Kane). Imagine shy Bob Kane in a play - unthinkable!! Oh and Eisner designed the show sets for that one too. From Eisner's formative high school years where his talent is already apparent and just two years before his comic work would begin. Oh - and if that weren't enough this was also Sherwood Schwartz's senior class and his photo is shown among the seniors for all you Gilligan's Island and Brady Bunch fans there

. Condition is not great. The cover boards and front free endpaper have come loose (nothing that a book conservator couldn't fix - the antiquarian book trade does not hold conservation with the stigma that the comic field does). There is also some moisture wear to the bottom section of some pages. A couple tears and marginal paper loss here and there. But this is HISTORY. Early work from one of the all-time comic greats. $300

IMG_1766_zpsdhmd6ez8.jpg

IMG_1767_zps3f65gvvx.jpg

IMG_1772_zpszku8dwac.jpg

IMG_1769_zpsrnxbbnln.jpg

IMG_1770_zpsehknrwmp.jpg

He and Stan Lee attended the same high school but might not have attended at the same time since I think Stan started in 1936 or 1937 and graduated early.

Stan graduated in 1939. I have his yearbook also (thumbs u

Well...since you asked. At the risk of hijacking my original thread here is Stan the Man's senior class yearbook. Again it's RARE. Perfect blank space on the front cover for Stan's sig - and maybe an 'Excelsior'. I was planning to get it signed but I might be persuaded to part with it though.

IMG_1775_zps3kjp81au.jpg

IMG_1777_zpspdmflsl0.jpg

Well...since you asked. At the risk of hijacking my original thread here is Stan the Man's senior class yearbook. Again it's RARE. Perfect blank space on the front cover for Stan's sig - and maybe an 'Excelsior'. I was planning to get it signed but I might be persuaded to part with it though.

IMG_1775_zps3kjp81au.jpg

IMG_1777_zpspdmflsl0.jpg

man that's awesome sauce!

:headbang:

Decided to part with the Stan Lee yearbook. Asking $600. Last known sale that I know of for a Stan lee senior class yearbook in similar condition was around that price and that was a few years ago. I would take both the Eisner and Stan Lee yearbooks for $750