• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"This Score Needs Fixing" Thread - LOCKED FOR NOW

82 posts in this topic

Gemma:

Could you review the scores for the Walking Dead 116 3rd print? Only 25 of these were printed, and 19 have been certified by CGC. A CGC 9.8 SS is only worth 70 points, and you can't touch it for less than $4000.00.

As a comparison, CGC has certified 43 copies of the Walking Dead 35 error variant which is also very rare. But, a CGC 9.8 SS of this issue is worth 880 points.

Thanks,

Jay

+1 I was surprised it only got a slight increase in points but it needs to be at the very least in line with the 35 error variant points-wise (in my opinion).

Hi Gemma,

I noticed a score discrepancy on Captain Britain 8. In the normal Captain Britain run and the score sheet on the issue says a 9.2 is 27 points. Which is kind of low to begin with compared to other female characters first appearances. But when they same issue is added to the Women of Marvel First Appearance set its only worth 12 points?

I think the score is low considering the age and rarity of the issue to begin with but it make less sense for the same book to have two different scores.

Dear Gemma, I just list this SS book to Atlas/Seaboard set. Came back as 0 points. Could you please fix. Thanks Tj 1179431004

Please note on Page 1 of this thread......

If the score simply has a “0” your request should go in the Set Expansion Thread or PM me.

On my New Mutants (1983) set, there are two books that are showing that they SHOULD have points when you click on their slot description, but they're not showing any points for the books that are actually in the slots.

The issues in question are #83 and #87 second print.

The #83 is a book that I just inputted into the system, so it may just be delayed for some reason, and the #87 second print has BEEN in my set for years now and all of a sudden doesn't show a score.

Thanks, Gemma. You always do a great job keeping up with all of these requests from us analytical perfectionists. ?

Gemma:

Could you review the scores for the Walking Dead 116 3rd print? Only 25 of these were printed, and 19 have been certified by CGC. A CGC 9.8 SS is only worth 70 points, and you can't touch it for less than $4000.00.

As a comparison, CGC has certified 43 copies of the Walking Dead 35 error variant which is also very rare. But, a CGC 9.8 SS of this issue is worth 880 points.

Thanks,

Jay

+1 I was surprised it only got a slight increase in points but it needs to be at the very least in line with the 35 error variant points-wise (in my opinion).

^^^THIS X1000

the 116 3rd print should be in the same realm as the 100 Hero books.

also- Walking Dead 144 Sketch Variant from the San Diego comic con needs to have a higher point value- it should be worth more than the standard issue- and as of right now 12/29/15- only 13 are graded-

Gemma:

Thanks,

Jay

^^^THIS X1000

the 116 3rd print should be in the same realm as the 100 Hero books.

also- Walking Dead 144 Sketch Variant from the San Diego comic con needs to have a higher point value- it should be worth more than the standard issue- and as of right now 12/29/15- only 13 are graded-

I'm not disagreeing the third print deserves a bump on points.....but don't kid yourself with the 25 print run number. Charlie got a stack and sent them to his local comic shop. I did hear of another image artist or artist with a vested interest in image getting the book too. I tried to get one from him but he didn't have anymore. I just don't believe only 25 were printed......And the only people saying this are the people trying to get $4000.00 for the book.

While we are talking about point bumps, what about Walking Dead 2014 Special Anniversary Edition 1 Hyundai Edition? I have yet to see one on ebay or other open markets. I'm sure it will be expensive to get and I don't expect to see many surface...at least in the 9.8 range.

Hi Gemma

Could I put forward a few 70s Marvel books for review? In all cases current popularity (generally related to TV/ movie spin offs) and GPA prices are some way in excess of registry points scores. The books are:

1. Avengers #181 - first Scott Lang and new line up bringing the team under more direct government control and arguably one of the premises for the Ultimates. Recommend tripling of points value.

2. Defenders #28 - first Starhawk and Guardians crossover. Book is enormously popular at the moment and relatively few copies on the census. Recommend points value is quadrupled.

3. Incredible Hulk #271 - first Rocket Racoon in comic book form. Enormously popular due to Guardians movie and likely to remain in demand for a long time. Again I recommend that points value is quadrupled.

4. Iron Man #44 - first 20 cent issue and very scarce in top grades. Recommend points value is at least doubled.

5. Jungle Action #5 - first solo Black Panther in own title (albeit reprint of Avengers #62). Very popular with demand outstripping supply. Again I recommend that points value is at least doubled.

6. Marvel Premiere #19 - Iron Fist is now proving to be one of the most popular characters introduced in the 1970s. This is first appearance of Colleen Wing. Recommend that points value is doubled.

7. Marvel Team-Up #95 - first appearance of Mockingbird and continues to sell for high prices when offered for sale. Recommend points value is quadrupled.

8. Power Man #24 - first Black Goliath. Very few copies on census and commands high prices when offered for sale. Recommend that points value is quadrupled.

9. Power Man #48 - very popular book featuring first meeting of Power Man and Iron Fist. Also first issue of nice John Byrne three part story. Recommend points value is tripled.

10. Power Man and Iron Fist #50 - first joint issue with both characters featured in title. Last part of John Byrne story. Recommend points value is doubled.

Happy to provide more information or analysis on any of these recommendations.

Best wishes for 2016.

Jon

Hello Gemma,

Wolverine (2010) #1 Campbell Variant Edition

Siege (2010) #3 Campbell Variant Cover

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #510 Sketch Cover

Wolverine 1 campbell sells for over 3k and its worth 24points same with UC X-men 510 sketch, needs point bump?

Thanks ~T

Hi Gemma

Could you please review scores on a few more Marvel silver/ bronze books? In all cases registry scores lag some way behind GPA and current market interest/ demand.

1. Avengers #144 - origin and first appearance of Hellcat (Patsy Walker - a mainstay of Atlas/ Marvel from the fifties and sixties). Recommend that points values are doubled.

2. Giant-Size Defenders #3 - first appearance of Korvac. Great interest in this book at present - recommend doubling of points values.

3. Marvel Premiere #15 - this book is enormously popular and highly sought after in all grades with demand considerably exceeding supply. Recommend that points values are tripled.

4. Marvel Super-Heroes #13 - first appearance of Carol Danvers, who would become Ms. Marvel. This book has been red hot for a few years now and commands high prices in all grades. Recommend that points values are quadrupled (at least).

5. Sgt. Fury #1 - first appearance of Nick Fury and long recognised, along with Incredible Hulk #1, as the toughest of the early Marvel keys. Recommend that points values are increased by 50% to recognise scarcity and demand.

Thank you for considering and would also be grateful for an update on progress on ironing out the glitches on the system for updating scores.

Jon

• Administrator

So it seems that the bug is still present and several factors have delayed its repair so I'm going back to attempting to update scores.....

Just so you all understand what happens, sometimes the score only partly updates across the 48 label types and the various sets for the issue, so once I upload a new score sometimes I have to wade through these entries on the back end and individually update/manage them to make sure the scoring is uniform across the entire registry in all sets for all label types for that book. I'm trying to work with this mess, but if you see a score in your set that looks wacky and says it was just updated please give me about 48 hours (not including weekends) and I will try to adjust it appropriately. If you see it was adjusted more than a few days ago, feel free to let me know!

Thanks guys!!!

Walking Dead books that need to be looked at-

7 second print

116 3rd print

115 midnight variant sketch

144 comic con sketch-- only 14 graded---

127 diamond retailer sketch

skybound sketch -limited press-

these extra prints/variants are rarer than the normal run books- have same score-

thank you in advance for your fine work!

So it seems that the bug is still present and several factors have delayed its repair so I'm going back to attempting to update scores.....

Just so you all understand what happens, sometimes the score only partly updates across the 48 label types and the various sets for the issue, so once I upload a new score sometimes I have to wade through these entries on the back end and individually update/manage them to make sure the scoring is uniform across the entire registry in all sets for all label types for that book. I'm trying to work with this mess, but if you see a score in your set that looks wacky and says it was just updated please give me about 48 hours (not including weekends) and I will try to adjust it appropriately. If you see it was adjusted more than a few days ago, feel free to let me know!

Thanks guys!!!

Hello Gemma,

Although Incredible Hulk 102 and Batman 251 are noted as DONE, the scores remain the same as of February 12, 2016. When you have an opportunity, please review the scoring change for these two books.

Thank you!

Thanks guys!!!

Hello Gemma,

Although Incredible Hulk 102 and Batman 251 are noted as DONE, the scores remain the same as of February 12, 2016. When you have an opportunity, please review the scoring change for these two books.

Thank you!

Please read Gemma's comments that you quoted. She said to give her at least 48 hours after update. She just updated these yesterday. Patience.

Thanks guys!!!

Hello Gemma,

Thank you!

Please read Gemma's comments that you quoted. She said to give her at least 48 hours after update. She just updated these yesterday. Patience.

After reviewing my Incredible Hulk and Batman sets I noted that there was no history of a score adjustment, thus my request that Gemma review the scoring changes when she "has an opportunity." If I am in error, I believe Gemma will alert me to such. As concerns patience, I thankfully long ago reached a point in life where I am quite patient. Thank you for your comment.

Thanks guys!!!

Hello Gemma,

Thank you!

After reviewing my Incredible Hulk and Batman sets I noted that there was no history of a score adjustment, thus my request that Gemma review the scoring changes when she "has an opportunity." If I am in error, I believe Gemma will alert me to such. As concerns patience, I thankfully long ago reached a point in life where I am quite patient. Thank you for your comment.

Gemma marked the Hulk and Batman changes yesterday, look at the 1st post of this thread....

Edited by Gemma (Yesterday at 02:46 PM)

Edit Reason: update for status

She asked that we give any changes at least 48 hours to take effect. And I'm wrong for pointing this out because... ?

Thanks guys!!!

Hello Gemma,

Thank you!

Gemma marked the Hulk and Batman changes yesterday, look at the 1st post of this thread....

Edited by Gemma (Yesterday at 02:46 PM)

Edit Reason: update for status

She asked that we give any changes at least 48 hours to take effect. And I'm wrong for pointing this out because... ?

I do not think that you are wrong for pointing this out and, in fact, I appreciate the information as I failed to note when Gemma updated her post.