• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,624 posts in this topic

I haven't been picking these up much lately, but as a teenager there were very few comics that packed the punch for me that these PHM books did. I just couldn't resist this one when Bill posted it for sale..... in my experience, it was always one of the hardest to find in grade and also has one of the few Ditko covers. This is the first copy I ever owned and while the Kirby and Ditko offerings were their usual awesome, I was especially impressed by this issue's Don Heck story....which also happens to be the cover story. Oddly enough, Kirby did the splash for the story which Heck inked.... it then segues into pure Heck inked by Heck. My pal Richard and I are both Heck fans...especially the early stuff before Marvel started trying to pigeonhole him into a house style..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

FFh5ieH.jpg

ITm5BnD.jpg

6P1P41g.jpg

8XxECKp.jpg

5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I haven't been picking these up much lately, but as a teenager there were very few comics that packed the punch for me that these PHM books did. I just couldn't resist this one when Bill posted it for sale..... in my experience, it was always one of the hardest to find in grade and also has one of the few Ditko covers. This is the first copy I ever owned and while the Kirby and Ditko offerings were their usual awesome, I was especially impressed by this issue's Don Heck story....which also happens to be the cover story. Oddly enough, Kirby did the splash for the story which Heck inked.... it then segues into pure Heck inked by Heck. My pal Richard and I are both Heck fans...especially the early stuff before Marvel started trying to pigeonhole him into a house style..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

FFh5ieH.jpg

ITm5BnD.jpg

6P1P41g.jpg

8XxECKp.jpg

very nice book!

On 9/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, tricolorbrian said:

I've always wanted a copy of this book, and after 40 years of forgetting to get one I finally picked up a copy last week...better late than never I guess...

36787190386_99ddfee19a_c.jpg

Wow that is cool ! a near classic cover  !

in the same vein as the Strange Adventures killer snowmen cover