Dan DeCarlo comics....what's the story?

23 posts in this topic

18,454 posts

Yeah, it is sure getting hard to collect DeCarlo. One thing for sure, once one goes for big bucks, it is likely that another copy will turn up and usually sells far less. I don't think that DeCarlo collectors are too picky about condition. But any above 6.0 seem to really rocket.

I agree that the great pin up covers as well as the cool "ennuendo" covers get the most interest. Here is one I recently picked up for a very reasonable price with one of those covers.

commilliemodel40_zpso2brh6ys.jpg

12,875 posts

Even common books on ebay from some of the auction companies seem to have 36 watchers from day one....... I know they must be subscribers but that tends to scare me away

901 posts
Jetta #5 did quite well today

link

This copy might have sold for more if the listing had been better. The scans are dark and cropped at the bottom, hiding the bottom edge of the cover. It's listed under Golden Age/Horror & Sci-Fi, and no keywords like Millie, Atlas, GGA, or other relevant terms were in the title so that it would appear in more searches. Jetta is a tough title to search on ebay because of all the auto stuff.

I suspect the same copy would have closed at a higher price if it had been sold by blissard.