• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which of these are worthy of long term?
1 1

38 posts in this topic

Probably a rehash but...

Worth the investment?:

Iron Man Sub-Mariner One Shot

Iron Man 1

Subbie 1-10 (1-20?)

Luke Cage 1

MTU 1

Nick Fury 1,15

Captain Marvel 1

Defenders 1

Marvel Features 1

Long term prospects? Anyone have anything to add?

...i'd go for........

MTU 1

Defenders 1

Marvel Feature 1

...........the others you mentioned are fairly common in high grade........

...as ricky mentioned the MTU #1 is particularly hard to find because of the dark cover.....

I don't see too many Luke Cage #1's in H.G., I'd say the MTU #1 has some potential as does L.C #1..I'd guess the Defenders issues are gonna stay at what they're worth because it's just not that important to carry the big $. Iron Man & Sub #1 is pretty cheap considering it's before Iron Fist #1, so that could have some potential.

Brian

"look for an X-Men #94, GS X-men #1 or a Hulk #181 to invest in."

...........all these books have reached a value that prohibits investment......if you bought any in the late 80's then that would have been a good investment............... grin.gif

I feel that Marvel Team Up #1 and Hero for Hire #1 are very rare books in 9.4 or better for obvious reason and are probably the strongest books long term. Marvel Feature is undervalued but seemingly more available. Defenders #1 in 9.4 pops up semi-regularly. The rest are common enough.

Marvel Team Up #1 and Hero for Hire #1

I've watched these 2 books in particular for the past 3 years. Only saw (3-4) 9.2's of MTU #1 and (2) 9.4's of which I bought both. There was a 9.6 that Motor City had but they forgot it was on my want list and sold it for 1K over a year ago.

Hero fo Hire #1 is almost as tough. I have one of the 9.6's and know where (3) others are, and (2) 9.4's... but that's not many out there.

I know where you can Find a HFH #1 9.4... Sullypython.

I too thought Nick Fury 15 might be a sleeper due to it's possible association with the current Bullseye character. I bought (2) 9.4 copies and had difficulty moving the extra copy during this DD frenzy ($325). If it does not garner much interest now, I can't hope for too much more down the road (Unless there ever becomes any kind of tie-in which I doubt)

Those Late Major SA titles are available in abundance. Only a good buy if you can get them below market. I would not expect them to grow in leaps and bounds either.

"Marvel Team Up #1 and Hero for Hire #1

I've watched these 2 books in particular for the past 3 years. Only saw (3-4) 9.2's of MTU #1 and (2) 9.4's of which I bought both."

.............are you trying to collect every cgc copy of MTU #1 and hero for hire #1.............?

............no wonder i can't find any.................. grin.gif

Hey blowout...

No I bought the 9.4 oww and then 2 weeks later a 9.4 White pager showed up... so I sold the 9.4 oww at cost and went after the 9.4 White. It was always a favorite and high on my want list and I'm a page quality freak to some extent.

I DON'T own more than 1 of either. I have a 9.6 HFH 1 that I paid dearly for, but I know 3 other individuals that own one as well.

One of you guys knocked me down a star for my post? It was 3 Stars 5 minutes ago until I made that comment...not nice

Rickdogg... I like your auction format.

I tried to learn how you did some of your HTML from viewing the source earlier tonight (on your Hulk 180 auction).

As stated, I sold the other MTU 1 9.4... not looking to gouge anyone I'M A FAN!!!... tongue.gif but I'm always on the lookout to upgrade and sell the copy I'm upgrading from... seems to work for me.

tongue.gif

I too thought Nick Fury 15 might be a sleeper due to it's possible association with the current Bullseye character. I bought (2) 9.4 copies and had difficulty moving the extra copy during this DD frenzy ($325). If it does not garner much interest now, I can't hope for too much more down the road (Unless there ever becomes any kind of tie-in which I doubt)

It's a dog. The only people that consider that book important are people that don't realize there is absolutely no connection between the daredevil villain and the purple and orange suited 1 hit wonder (literally- he's introduced and dies in the same issue) present in this book. It's a d-o-g. To me, all of the Steranko issues of Nick Fury (even the ones where's he just a cover artist) are better investments than #15.

The books in the order that I would even consider buying at all are:

1) Marvel Team-up 1 - Black cover and Spider-man related makes it extremely tough in high grade and popularity.

2) Sub-mariner 8 - Glossy black cover and battle issue with the Thing.

3) Marvel Feature 1 - Square bound issue with the first official appearance of the Defenders. Some hare argued that Sub-mariner 34 and 35 are the actual true first appearance of the Defenders before they were given their name.

Although Hero for Hire 1 may be tough in high grade, I just don't really see the crazy demand for the book.

Any 1968s Marvel #1 issues are too common and everywhere. Definitely not a good investment. frown.gif