• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House got robbed :(

91 posts in this topic

were the X-Men slabs? I just notified two shops.

Otaku hobbies is going to contact Creative and another shop tommarrow. Hope you get those books back.

The X-Men collection was all raw HG. They left all the slabs untouched.

I really, really appreciate this Tim. (worship)

Very disappointed that this happened. Thoughts are with you in the hopes that all if not some of your things are recovered and those responsible are held accountable for their actions.

Very shocked and sorry to hear this Casey. When Joe told me about the thread while we were in the car, I nearly drove off the road. It was nice to finally meet you and your wife, but man, what a terrible way to end your weekend. Let me know if there is anything we can do to assist.

That really sucks-- sorry this happened to you. (what part of Chicago? I grew up in the south suburbs- Tinley Park)

Make sure to look around your house in case they just dropped the stack of books somewhere- (garbage cans, etc). Based on the description - sounds more like some young vandals-- potentially neighborhood kids (the last ones you might suspect). Did they drink any of your booze or eat any food? Does it look like they were in there for very long?

Sucks to lose something sentimental/feel violated but think of it this way- it could have been so much worse.

Thank you for all the well wishes, they're very appreciated.

Right now we're waiting for the detective to come by and do all the dusting for prints and what not. Unfortunately we cannot go through our stuff or even start cleaning up as the first police officer told us not to touch anything. I've already called around to several local comic shops making them aware of what books ( that I know of ) were taken.

We've called a locksmith / door repair...but unfortunately we have to wait for the police to do their thing and we're told they might not come by until 7PM :(

I also called ADT and have an appointment this Tuesday to set up a full security system. I had been thinking about it for a while, but since we live in a neighborhood filled with cops we hadn't felt it necessary until now.

I'll keep everyone updated and again, thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

Casey

Not cool.my heart goes out to you sir.....I'm especially angry about the books from your mom going missing....so sorry to hear.my fingers are crossed that they make a safe return home.

Jimmers

Sorry to hear this Casey. I've also had my place broken into before and it's not a good feeling at all...you'll be uneasy for quite a while, but chin up. :foryou: I hope your stuff gets found intact and the perps get their faces bashed in with a concrete block. Scumbags.

I do find it odd, that if it was just kids, that they were astute enough to leave the slabs, which are easy to trace, and snagged the raw HG X-men run, which is easy to move. It makes me wonder if you have any collecting "friends" who knew you were to be gone ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Casey, I am so sorry to hear about this. I'm just speculating, but I would be suspect of someone that knew you out of town. Do you think the comics were the primary target ? This really stinks.

I do find it odd, that if it was just kids, that they were astute enough to leave the slabs, which are easy to trace, and snagged the raw HG X-men run, which is easy to move. It makes me wonder if you have any collecting "friends" who knew you were to be gone ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep. I thought the same thing.