• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewKadia.com?

13 posts in this topic

I have bought from them a few times, i dont have a problem with their pricing and their shipping is actually really good. The true problem is their grading is so off. Books being graded at VF/NM are more fine/VF-.

Sounds like GrahamCrackers.com

I love the site and still buy from there but everything is listed as VF/NM and maybe 70-75% are actually that.

Never ordered from NewKadia before.

Before I found the boards, I bought a lot of books from Newkadia. I would conservatively estimate that at least 75% of the books I received were overgraded (relative to Overstreet and/or CGC standards), sometimes by a couple full grade points. This is mainly due to their grading system...make sure you read it and understand it...

Aside from these grading issues, I was always impressed with their customer service. To their credit, they (at least used to) offer a very good return policy...no questions asked within a week or two. It's just annoying to have to keep returning overgraded books...to the point that I stopped buying from them (a while ago). Make sure that you promptly inspect books you receive from them and make sure you're happy with the grade they assigned, otherwise return the books. Don't forget to count pages and look for clipped coupons, as I've had quite a few of those types of issues with their books.

I'd agree with most of the posters here - I've bought from them in the past, and have generally been pleased, but I don't look to get high-grade books (or even mid-grade books in some people's estimation), so I've had less problems with grading from them.

But there are some places that even for a VGish sort of guy like me that I disagree with them. One good thing to know is, although not every book has a scan, all of them have a clickable link for the grade they assigned. When you click on the grade, it shows you their estimation of the condition in regards to the 7 categories they base their grade on. So you can look and at least tentatively decide whether you might agree with their grade for the book.

They very seldom had any books I was looking for but I bough a couple of books from them a few years ago when I was still filling my Super Hero runs and although all of their books are sold at Overstreet Guide they were seriously Over Graded.

I took pics and sent them and explained the condition I graded it at and explained the defects I saw that placed it in a lower grade.

They examined the pics and then agreed and offered me a refund for the difference or store credit.

Thanks for the tip.

So, who do you typically prefer to buy from online?

Thanks. This is helpful information.

Other than Ebay, where is a good place to purchase online, especially if I'm trying to pick up a run of books?

I buy pretty much exclusively from mycomicshop.com.

They once had some copies of the Elflord 1980 series listed for sale. The price was ridiculously low so I figured there had to be a mistake, but took a chance and bought a few. The 1986 series showed up. I sent them an email to tell them about it, but said I didn't feel like returning the comics, just wanted them to fix the mistake on their website. They did immediately.

A couple other times I ordered some of the bargain comics off them. No complaints. One of the few online retailers left with a bargain bin.