• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a boardie overseas in one of the following countries.

21 posts in this topic

I am in a bit of a predicament and am hoping there is a boardie here in our fine community that can help me out. I preordered a XM studios Phoenix statue from a company called simply toys. I received the following email this morning...

"Dear customer,

you are receiving this email because your order(s) with Simply Toys for Marvel XM studios item(s) is(are) affected. It has come to our attention we are only allowed to sell XM Marvel items to customers with addresses from the following countries:

- Austria

- France

- Germany

- Indonesia

- Italy

- Liechtenstein

- Malaysia

- Portugal

- The Philippines

- Singapore

- Spain

- Switzerland

- Thailand

- China (pending approval)

- Hong Kong (pending approval)

For customers whose shipping address do not below to any of the above mentioned countries, these are the options:

1. We can cancel your order and refund you the deposit

2. You can find a Singapore address and have the person self collect the item from us. We can still bill you for the item but 7% GST will be charged for all local purchases.

3. Have us ship the XM items to an address from the approved list of countries.

This is with immediate effect and I am afraid we are unable to send any XM Marvel products outside the countries listed above. Please kindly email us as soon as possible. "

Their refund policy is horrible so I'm here looking for help. If there is a boardie in one of the listed countries that wouldn't mind having the statue shipped to them and then ship it to me, I will gladly pay for their time with either cash or comics.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, but why wouldn't a company like this ship to the US?

they would be smaller company likely without the rights to distribute in the big markets, picking up whatever the bigger companies have chosen not to get in smaller markets

Just out of curiosity, but why wouldn't a company like this ship to the US?

The manufacturer's (XM Studios) license agreement with Marvel only allows them to sell statues to certain countries. It's likely that they were forced to impose restrictions on the retailers they distribute to.

they've got a shop near my office. Let me take a few snapshot of their display and show it to you guys if I'm allowed to do so....

It's quite impressive. You guys should go visit if you are in Singapore. I don't work for them tho.... :P

Randy, I went past one of their outlets today and thought I'd take some pic of their shop there to show you guys:

IMG_3796_zps1xvskzef.jpg

IMG_3797_zps1tmktwae.jpg

IMG_3798_zpsri0d8wcn.jpg

IMG_3799_zpsuprj1fml.jpg

but seems like they took down a lot of their bigger display in the main gallery....but I see lotsa unopened boxes. New shipments maybe?