• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So is there really a black(darkermaroon spoilage cover) of edge of spider-verse2

26 posts in this topic

The first time I heard of such a thing was in the 80s when Iron Man 232 (special BWS book) came out. Chuck Rozanski was selling copies at a premium calling it a limited edition. I think that even Overstreet categorized it as a special error edition. Today no one cares about those of course

It is possible that the K plate was flooded as used to be standard to make the line art as solid as possible. Colorists used to never use K (Black) tones now it is common thanks to programs like Photoshop but sometimes results in what you are probably seeing here.

5 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

It is possible that the K plate was flooded as used to be standard to make the line art as solid as possible. Colorists used to never use K (Black) tones now it is common thanks to programs like Photoshop but sometimes results in what you are probably seeing here.

It's less due to software being used to color and more because that software is used to create the color separations

On 6/21/2017 at 7:25 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's less due to software being used to color and more because that software is used to create the color separations

True.  The two are the same thing now.  No longer is there anyone cutting rubylith (I hope).  Even so I know that at least Marvel, DC and Archie only allowed CMY color codes and even after Codd-Barret showed up and made the separations digitized and easier to use k tones they still weren't.