• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Been gone so long...come back and find out their are new Manifest Destiny books to chase :tonofbricks:

:hi:

Hello Antman !

:hi: buddy!

Just trying to get caught up. May have to try to grab a few boxes at the last minute.

Hey everyone,

Just got back from working one straight week for Skybound and the SDCC booth.

It was a madhouse pretty much from the start.

Crossbows were a hit...

Negan bats were selling briskly...

Jewelry is pretty much gone (big props to Han Cholo for awesome work)

Outcast cast stopped by the booth to check out the goodies and pick up some cool merch!

Variants: WD 144 was flying off the table and I'm guessing a handful left. Outcast books sold well and the photo variant was selling really quickly.

Skybound 5th anniversary party on the top of Petco Park...amazing!

On to the boxed sets...

I know 5 were redeemed at the show. How do I know? I handed them out to each winner. While I dont think it's fair to say each and every one that was redeemed lets just say I know a major league home run of a book is still waiting to be redeemed ;)

JJ

Do you know if they sold all of the boxes at the con... Or are there some left?

I can't 100% confirm because I was doing different tasks towards the end of the show and after but I believe there are some left. Definitely not a lot if there are.

I also wanted to add that the CGC redemption boxes were randomly placed amongst all boxes. There is no way to tell the difference between CGC redemption boxes and black and white or color versions.

Exhaustedly yours,

JJ

Hey everyone,

Just got back from working one straight week for Skybound and the SDCC booth.

It was a madhouse pretty much from the start.

Crossbows were a hit...

Negan bats were selling briskly...

Jewelry is pretty much gone (big props to Han Cholo for awesome work)

Outcast cast stopped by the booth to check out the goodies and pick up some cool merch!

Variants: WD 144 was flying off the table and I'm guessing a handful left. Outcast books sold well and the photo variant was selling really quickly.

Skybound 5th anniversary party on the top of Petco Park...amazing!

On to the boxed sets...

I know 5 were redeemed at the show. How do I know? I handed them out to each winner. While I dont think it's fair to say each and every one that was redeemed lets just say I know a major league home run of a book is still waiting to be redeemed ;)

JJ

Do you know if they sold all of the boxes at the con... Or are there some left?

I can't 100% confirm because I was doing different tasks towards the end of the show and after but I believe there are some left. Definitely not a lot if there are.

I also wanted to add that the CGC redemption boxes were randomly placed amongst all boxes. There is no way to tell the difference between CGC redemption boxes and black and white or color versions.

Exhaustedly yours,

JJ

So do you win a cgc ss con exclusive and a chance to win a first print cgc ss book?

First print #1 Skynound title CGC book with exclusive label signed by Robert Kirkman with logo for Skybound and 5th Anniversary logo on label also.

One of a kind book. One copy of each book, all first print #1 issues.

Not sure if there is confusion out there but none of the books in the boxed sets, the 5th anniversary covers have redemptions, only original #1 issues from Skybound.

First print #1 Skynound title CGC book with exclusive label signed by Robert Kirkman with logo for Skybound and 5th Anniversary logo on label also.

One of a kind book. One copy of each book, all first print #1 issues.

Not sure if there is confusion out there but none of the books in the boxed sets, the 5th anniversary covers have redemptions, only original #1 issues from Skybound.

Get back to work.... :baiting:

So I ended up picking up 80 box sets total - opened up all the unsold box sets plus the ones I got for myself, at CGC yesterday (16 I think) so I could sub some books. Ended up with a few B/W box sets, no golden tickets. But I did get this -

DE62F14D-0DE7-4B2A-9631-A5CFB25B6339_zpss7jo6qzp.jpg

So I ended up picking up 80 box sets total - opened up all the unsold box sets plus the ones I got for myself, at CGC yesterday (16 I think) so I could sub some books. Ended up with a few B/W box sets, no golden tickets. But I did get this -

:cloud9:

:cloud9:

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Dre is it regular stock for the cover?Are the other boxes you opened coming back with good grades? Just asking if they did a good job protecting the books..

Regular cover stock cover. For the most part the books are good but I couldnt grade one of the B/Ws I had (WD) because it had back cover damage on the spine.

Looking at all ten comics in each box set there seemed to be a couple I wouldn't grade to various reasons.