SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)
1 1

1,760 posts in this topic

16,407 posts
I'm having a hard time with the box set. I'd love to see print numbers on it and if Beachbum posts more tonight I'm going to start kicking myself.

He bought 70 I think thus far according to his sales thread.

I think he has 2 left...I'd love to know how many boxes are left at the Skybound booth.

2,868 posts

If the boxes show up for sale on the Skybound site then you know there are plenty.

I'm holding out to see. :eek:

54 posts

Some new sealed ones popped up again on eBay for $120/free shipping BIN, 16 already sold in a few hours.

2,868 posts

Yeah. I have a feeling there's going to be plenty of these box sets.

1,587 posts

There are plenty at the show. Certainly doesn't look like it's going to sell out to me.

2,868 posts

Nice! Hoping to order one form the website next week! Along with any other goodies they have.

4,020 posts

How are these different than the $1 reprints? Apart from the logo, of course -- and about $90, give or take.

3,111 posts

I'm born every minute.... :whee:

16,407 posts
There are plenty at the show. Certainly doesn't look like it's going to sell out to me.

Are they buried in boxes?

16,407 posts
How are these different than the $1 reprints? Apart from the logo, of course -- and about $90, give or take.

How is a con edition different than a 1st print...except for a different cover.

4,865 posts

Would the B/W Outcast likely be the smallest print run out of the bunch? That is one possibly to watch come show time.

16,407 posts

Since there was no Outcast 1 variant at launch.......even more special.....I'm not buying the people thinking there's a large amount of B/W available. Pretty big bidding war on that Outcast 1 near the end.

4,020 posts

How is a con edition different than a 1st print...except for a different cover.

:shrug:

At least, if I'm reading your comment correctly, there is different cover art. These are exactly the same as ones that have already come out.

(And some of these comics aren't even published by Skybound. :o )

4,865 posts
Since there was no Outcast 1 variant at launch.......even more special.....I'm not buying the people thinking there's a large amount of B/W available. Pretty big bidding war on that Outcast 1 near the end.

I agree, I don't see a flood of B/W books coming. I imagine the B/W Outcast is a smaller run that the photo cover but I'm not too sure of that run either but guess a few thousand being sdcc?

16,407 posts

Toast was saying the Outcast TV variant black cover was basically a tic magnet

Edited by krighton

53,020 posts
I'm born every minute.... :whee:

lol

53,020 posts

What's a large amount?

16,407 posts

What's a large amount?

there was conjecture of a 70/30 split for BW copies...I'm guessing more like 1 in 25 or 1 in 50 boxes.