• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Dennis the Menace Thread
4 4

1,424 posts in this topic

I still have never seen that 1978 Half Moon Bay Pumpkin comic, aside from the scans above, and I have been chasing after DTM comics since I was a little kid, 35 years ago !

To those of you who have it, where in the world did you find it ?

Kind of a late answer, but I don't know where I got it...but I got it...and still have it. :D

Long time member of this thread....  but havent posted in forever.   If one digs back a few dozen pages.... they will see my scans, contributions to the alt.binaries.pictures.comics DENNIS Scanning Project, etc.

Still a big Dennis / Al Wiseman fan....  and am wondering..    Aside from the GrandDataBase....   has any Dennis comic collector made an index of the complete run of Standard/Pines/Halden/Fawcett issues?     Thanks for anyone, who can point me to a database or spreadsheet indexing all Dennis stories.    I'll buy you a root beer, even!

Thanks!   *tap tap*  Is this thing on???    

I just saw three early Dennis the Menace original art dailies from 1952 in an upcoming Comiclink auction. They were done within the first year (12 months) of syndication. I've been trying to research just how much they might be worth - or how high I should bid - but prices are all over the place. Anyone have any insights? 

Dennis.jpg

The regular DTM 159 is the white cover.  I never knew this variant existed until I saw the image posted here on this board a few years ago.  I never saw one show up for sale before last week. I thought my DTM collection was complete 30 years ago, but now I guess I am missing this one ! 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:07 PM, dcr98 said:

Anyone ever see this variant before on Dennis the Menace # 140 ?   I have not.  I do not have one.

https://www.progressiveruin.com/2018/09/26/if-anything-can-drive-the-spirits-away-its-dennis-the-menace/

Yes, I bought this one in the early 90s or late 80s when we toured the Winchester Mystery House.  Heck, they might still sell them...it was 50cents when we were there.

23574811453_aa6b37a691_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On 7/28/2022 at 12:15 PM, comick1 said:

Scored this out in the wild at SD Comic-Con this last weekend. Dennis Giant from 1958.
Loving me the vignette/panel cover!
Bonus that Dennis is juggling in one panel (with limited success). I like any covers with juggling and/or unicycles.

Dennisgiant6.jpg

Fantastic pick up, Mick!