• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Land of the Lost reboot

13 posts in this topic

Not sure how many fans of the original show there are but I was a major fan (and would watch it today if the reruns were on) I absolutely loved this show. A kids show that had a mythology like Xfiles or Lost. Was on the original message boards for the movie for years and was so excited when they announced the movie. Kind of got weary when they announced Will Ferrell was starring in it and totally disapointed in the movie. One of the worst movies I have ever seen, They ruined one of my favorite shows.

Well Sid and Marty Krofft said at Comic con that they are going to do redo the movie the way it should have been done. Hopefully this get going and gets done.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/12/sid-and-marty-krofft-talk-the-land-of-the-lost-reboot----and-the/

Sid and Marty Krofft Talk the Land of the Lost Reboot -- And They're Sorry About That Other Movie

Following on the heels of a 2009 movie so disappointing that they called it one of the worst films ever made and apologized for it during their Comic-Con panel, TV legends Sid and Marty Krofft told fans that they will bring back their cult classic Land of the Lost.

The movie is one of a number of projects currently in the works for the TV icons who developed projects like H.R. Pufnstuff and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, the latter of which is in the pilot stages at Amazon.

"[universal Pictures] had it for five years," Marty Krofft told ComicBook.com during a brief interview after the panel. So now, Land of the Lost is coming back and we're not going to do a deal with a studio. We're going to fund the picture ourselves, spend the budget, find investors and do the picture. But we're going to do it right. We're not going to do another one where we knew that mistakes were made. We won't make the same mistakes again."

Sid Krofft said that the pair were largely uninvolved with the previous film, although they had visited the set. The air agreed that they had expressed concerns even then that the movie seemed to be going awry, but were dismissed by a studio who had already spent close to $200 million on the Will Ferrell-starring comedy.

The show does run in rerun on MeTV. I had fond memories of it as a kid too, but the show is absolutely horrible to watch as an adult. We had some bad TV programs as kids in the 70s if this show was a standout. :facepalm:

A live action serious movie would be welcome. The premise has lots of promise, but it is too bad about the Will Ferrell movie.

That show was super lame to me when I was 5 in the eighties. I couldn't imagine a movie that isn't a spoof like the Will Ferrell one. The show was so low budget and so bad.

Land of the Lost was one of my all-time favorite shows growing up. Definitely campy and low budget, but it simply struck a nerve with me. I still think of the sleestacks as some of the scariest monsters ever. And when Enik (the intelligent sleestack) finds that the sleestak "monsters" are actually his descendents in evolution, and that he's from the past, that really stuck with me.

I bought the entire box set, and also got my girls hooked on the show a few years ago (well...until they got to the horrible Season 3 episodes with Uncle Jack). They fell in love with the baby brontosaur Dopey and loved the Grumpy vs big Alice dinosaur fights.

I'd love to see a reboot. I was also extremely disappointed in the Will Ferrel take on the topic (and I love his movies). This one was a disaster. I'd love to see a better reboot with just the right mix of thrills/action and the kid-like quality that makes it fun and mysterious. Dump the Pakuni and do more with the dinosaurs and pylons (time travel), and I think it would be fun. Thanks for sharing the update.

I loved it as a kid because back then it was a cool show. I think if I were to see it as an adult I would be greatly disappointed. I loved Lost in Space when I was a kid and bought the 3 season CD only to realize the show was pretty bad.

Sid and Marty Krofft Talk the Land of the Lost Reboot -- And They're Sorry About That Other Movie

Following on the heels of a 2009 movie so disappointing that they called it one of the worst films ever made and apologized for it during their Comic-Con panel, TV legends Sid and Marty Krofft told fans that they will bring back their cult classic Land of the Lost.

The only thing they did right was casting the underrated Anna Friel in a big-budget movie role. Loved her work since St. Ives.

I love most of the Krofft stuff. I have most the DVDs ( Land of the lost, pufnsuf , lidsville, bootleg Electra woman and dyna girl ).

I just went with the movie, Danny McBride is funny. I didn't hate it like some.

I just don't see those guys getting the funds and then making something that today's audience would sit and watch for two hours.

Maybe reboot some shows for Cartoon Network or something like that. Target the stoner audience.

I'm all for anything, I just don't see a "serious" Land of the Lost movie working.

Magic Mongo rules btw.

Loved the show, and I thought the movie was hilarious.

I liked how the intelligent Sleestack said he was going to help them get home with his magic crystal table that opened portals to different times and places, and then opened a portal to his own time, and bailed on them, lol.