• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question for UK/European based boardies (anyone else can obviously chip in)

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I thought I would throw out an open question to those of use that can't get reasonably priced mylars and fullbacks (well I know I certainly can't).

I managed to convince some UK comic retails (Forbidden Planet) to get in some E gerber Mylites and half backs from I believe Diamond with their comic orders - they were pretty well priced at about £12 for 50 Mylites and £13 for 50 half backs - however I haven't been able to get them back since. Fullbacks weren't available at the time.

I have resorted to Feebay at times paying close £35-40 for 50 of the fullbacks and Mylites. But I thought there must be a better way.

I went direct to Egerber about a year ago and asked whether they would ship direct to the UK - miss the middle man idea. Unfortunately they don't, but a great guy called Bob Cook, who I am sure most of you will know does. I contacted Bob and he was really reasonable and only charged 10% shipping and handling fee. I was planning on buying in bulk but didn't have the circa $800 at the time to buy 1000 of each.

I wanted to throw it open to see what people buy and where you get the from to see what are the best options.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I thought I would throw out an open question to those of use that can't get reasonably priced mylars and fullbacks (well I know I certainly can't).

I managed to convince some UK comic retails (Forbidden Planet) to get in some E gerber Mylites and half backs from I believe Diamond with their comic orders - they were pretty well priced at about £12 for 50 Mylites and £13 for 50 half backs - however I haven't been able to get them back since. Fullbacks weren't available at the time.

I have resorted to Feebay at times paying close £35-40 for 50 of the fullbacks and Mylites. But I thought there must be a better way.

I went direct to Egerber about a year ago and asked whether they would ship direct to the UK - miss the middle man idea. Unfortunately they don't, but a great guy called Bob Cook, who I am sure most of you will know does. I contacted Bob and he was really reasonable and only charged 10% shipping and handling fee. I was planning on buying in bulk but didn't have the circa $800 at the time to buy 1000 of each.

I wanted to throw it open to see what people buy and where you get the from to see what are the best options.

Thanks

Getting your Mylars and Fullbacks in the UK can be painful and expensive, however, on FleeBay, you can get 50 Mylar Mylites 2 for around £14 (posted in the UK) and 50 fullback for about £24 (again posted in the UK), but they are not always available.

try Hotflips -- they have good prices and products. link

I have contemplated using Hotflips before - has anyone used their own brand backing boards? If so how do they compare to FB's?

KDUK, you’re already lucky being in the UK, from Italy it's even worse.

The biggest problem are, obviously, the backing boards.

I know there are german producers which cover a range of sizes, and when I will finish mine I will probably look for them.

Archonia looks awesome, so I will definitely check them too. They seem to be based in Germany as well. :)

This is a little masterpiece – don't know if they're on Spotify: they just did two albums (and an unreleased third one, plus the initial singles):

One of them, or both, came from a previous famous Manchester post-punk band, the Yachts, I believe.