• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What multiple copies have you bought?

19 posts in this topic

With prices like they are I don't purchase multiple copies that much anymore.

Some of my past multiple purchases were 6 copies of New Mutants #1, 5 copies of X-Factor #1, 4 copies of Green Arrow and the Longbow Hunters #1, 2 copies of Wolverine #1 and 2 copies of (the 1st) G.I. Joe #'s 1-21.

Any multiple copy maniacs out there? smile.gif

I speculate on the new market all the time, buying multiples of books I feel may take off. I've lost and gained. My most notable gain was 40 copies each of Ultimate Spiderman 1-6 and 5 White variants to #1, which I unfortunetly sold waaaay too early. I did very well, but I would have killed if I held on until now. But for every Ultimate Spiderman, there's tons of [!@#%^&^] I get stuck with. Either way, with my discount I usually even out at worst.

Oh yeah, and I bought TONS of Superman #75 back in the day.

I was buying double copies of "hot" books as recently as a couple of months ago but I stopped doing it. I had to budget myself more closely and as a result, that was the first excess to go.

When I was buying doubles, I was buying 2 each of Amazing Spider-man, all the "Ultimate" books, and anything else that was "hot", such as Jim Lee's run on Batman.

I have never really bought multiple copies of new books. I do have multiple copies of various Silver/Bronze books though that I have picked up over the years, mainly upgrades.

For new books the only books I can recall buying multiples of were X-Force #1 (all card variants), X-Men #1 (all cover variants) and Origin #1 (4 copies).

In the past three years (since Feb. 22, 2000) :

Amazing Spiderman 1 .... 46 different copies

Amazing Fantasy 15 ...... 31 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 42 ...28 different copies

FF 1 ............................. 26 different copies

X-Men 1 ........................ 26 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 49 .. 23 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 51 .. 22 different copies

Captain America 100 ..... 20 different copies

FF 25 ........................... 19 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 59 .. 19 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 33 .. 19 different copies

Avengers 1 .................... 17 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 41 .. 16 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 44 .. 16 different copies

Avengers 4 ................... 14 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 5 ... 14 different copies

Silver Surfer 4 ............... 12 different copies

Hulk 1 .......................... 11 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 43 ... 11 different copies

Amazing Spiderman 14 ... 10 different copies

Fantastic Four 26 ........... 10 different copies

These are the Silver age Marvel Super-Hero books that according to my logs, I've had 10 or more copies of in the past 3 years, including present inventory, Ebay and off-Ebay sales.

Let's see...

I have 3 copies of X-Men 108

6 copies of Jungle Action 5

3 copies of Tomb of Dracula 1

3 copies of Defenders 1

3 Copies of Hero for Hire 1

5 Copies Black Panther #1(1st series)

10 copies Black Panther #1(2nd series - 5 regular, 5 DF)

I now have 2 copies each(at least) of the entire Paul Smith X-Men run

4 copies X-Men 171

3 copies Thor 337

3 copies X-Men 248

2 copies X-Men 244

2 copies X-Men 101

THat about covers it

blush.gif You people put me to shame. smile.gif

Tried getting more than 2 copies of Amazing Spider-Man 36 (WTC issue) but it sold out pretty quickly.

Got 2 copies of Superman 75 (Death Of Superman) which went up quickly in price but settled down not long after.

I had the common overstock:

DD 178-180, 182-183 x 8 copies,

DD 181 30 copies

FF 236 100 copies

Faust 1, 2 x 30 each.

King Conan 1 10 copies

Alpha Flight 1-6 5-15 copies each

American Flagg 1 x 30

Archer Armstrong 8 BWS art x 10

Barbie 1 (Marvel) x 10

Hawk & Dove 1 (maxi) x 10

New Teen Titans (Perez) 9-17 x 8

Omega Men 1, 2 x 50

Superman 75 death x 15

Superman death tpb x 10

X-factor 1 x10

Turok 1 (Valiant) x 25

X-O Manowar 1 x 10

X-men 1e x12

& other trash I am too embarassed to admit I bought more than 1 copy of. e.g. Legends Dark Knight 1, ad nauseum. tongue.gif

Buying multiples was and still is a bit of a crapshoot for me. I lived through the era of Dazzler 1's, FF 232's, X-Men 137's, and also had multiples of the "Death of Captain Marvel. I did ok on the last two but did get stuck with a lot of stuff still sitting there in my collection. Smartened up by the time of Spiderman #1,X-men 1 X-Factor 1 and the Death of Superman issues came. Didn't buy any multiples of those. So, no I don't do that anymore. grin.gif

My most memorable bone-headed decision: I bought 25 copies of Conan #44 instead of 25 copies of Incredible Hulk #181. I thought Conan rocked and Hulk sucked! frown.gifcrazy.gifconfused.gif SOB, CRY WHINE!!! grin.gif

Second most memorable boo boo: A desparate dealer at the end of a show offered me a stack of about 10 X-Men #1 (the old series) for $50 each. I tried to talk him down, he wouldn't budge, so I passed. AUUUGGHHH!!!! shocked.gifshocked.gif

Best multiple purchases: 20 copies of Astonishing Tales #25, 25 copies of Incredible Hulk #200 for 15 cents each. grin.gif

I'm with you on the prices being too high to get multiple copies especially when you live here in canada where they price is higher on the cover frown.gif. A good trip to the comic store each week can cost big $$$$. Most recient multiple copies was 4 Batman #608's.....just joined the masses in that purchase smile.gif

Man, I'm glad I haven't been alive long enough to regret something like that!

Luckily(?) I haven't been alive long enough to have had a choice of whether or not to speculate on Hulk 181 or Conan 44 off of the stands! I can only imagine the pain you must feel! tongue.gif

My biggest regret is letting go of my USM hoard too early! And since the 80's and 90's were my spawning ground, that's one of the few opportunities I had to regret anything comic related! grin.gif

Hmmmm...let's see, multiples...multiples...

Let me get all these extra Firestorm & Blue Devils out of the way and maybe I'll find somethi- Oh here we go: extra copies of all 4 Dark Knight Returns, about 5 extra copies of each Crisis ish, and what looks to be 20-25 of Punisher War Journal #6 (1st meeting between he & Wolvie-kins). Also some extra Watchmen's and Perez Teen Titans.

Well, that's one box. I'll go through the others later.

Rick

PS: Hey Hammer, nice list but...I'd be more impressed with a DC list...? Oh wait, I forgot, you're into this to make money. Sorry, 'my bad?