• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance comics to look out for?

57 posts in this topic

Hey :3

I'm only mentioning but a few, but I'd really be pleased to hear everyone else's thoughts and suggestions on the general matter.

Static #1

With Jaden Smith confirmed as Static in the upcoming television series, and the fact his father is playing Deadshot, don't be surprised if he appears in a film or is granted his own within the DC Shared Universe.

Flash (vol. 2) #134

Jakeem Thunder makes a cameo appearance in this issue and I know he might not be on many people's radar, but with Disney's recent confirmation of a live action prequel to Aladdin entitled Genies (which I do feel will be a game-changer), that might soon change.

All Star Comics #58

In my opinion it's only a matter of time before DC introduces Power Girl into their universe, especially given her Kryptonian heritage.

Justice League of America #94

When Green Arrow is ever introduced into the DC Shared Universe, it'd be rather out of place if they didn't have him square off with his archemey, Merlyn.

Care to add more 1st appearances that one should be after? And what are the thoughts on just the few I have listed? What do you think?

All comments are welcomed.

Flash (vol. 2) #134

Jakeem Thunder makes a cameo appearance in this issue and I know he might not be on many people's radar, but with Disney's recent confirmation of a live action prequel to Aladdin entitled Genies (which I do feel will be a game-changer), that might soon change.

I don't see how anything Disney does would have any impact on a property owned by DC/Warner Brothers. (shrug)

Thunderbolts 45 (Citizen V part of Marvel All-New relaunch).

Deathstroke # 15, 17 1st app. of Green Arrow tv related heroine and DC villianness but let me buy these first. Nice Zeck covers too.

Copper: Action 521 (1st app. Vixen on a tv cartoon). :idea:

Bronze: Strange Tales 169 (Brother Voodoo toy hype possibly linked to Dr Strange movie).

Flash (vol. 2) #134

I don't see how anything Disney does would have any impact on a property owned by DC/Warner Brothers. (shrug)

Well arguably it impacted upon DC fast-tracking their respected shared universe vision; and I'm still of the opinion that Disney have looked at Jurassic World and seen what could possibly be, ergo as to why the Hollywood Reporter wrote here,

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/5-comic-book-concepts-primed-802546

Deathstroke # 15, 17 1st app. of Green Arrow tv related heroine and DC villianness but let me buy these first. Nice Zeck covers too.

Bronze: Strange Tales 169 (Brother Voodoo toy hype possibly linked to Dr Strange movie).

Still don't understand how Citizen V first appears in Thunderbolts 45? His clear first appearance (as far as character) is hulk 449 with the rest of the thunderbolt team (first version)

Green Lantern vol. 2 # 201 title change to GL Corps that is almost same as Guardians of the Galaxy team to appear in live action movie including a cosmic Green Raccoon. (thumbs u

1st Kilowog as well. The Canadian newsstand variant is hard to find in uber high grade due to the white cover.

Still don't understand how Citizen V first appears in Thunderbolts 45? His clear first appearance (as far as character) is hulk 449 with the rest of the thunderbolt team (first version)

The thought is that this Citizen V moving forward is the John Watkins III version.

http://comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=4563

even CBdatabase does not list a first appearance, but has TB 45 first in the chronological appearance list. I read through 45 and could not find anything Watkins or Citizen V beyond maybe a un-named cameo I may have missed. This one needs actual readership investigation beyond the wiki-marvel whatever listings.

Vengeance #1 - First America Chavez/Miss America

She was recently in A-Force #1 and there is speculation that she will be getting her own series soon. If she is half as well received as Spider-Gwen or Kamala Khan, this would be worth buying. They were cheap the last time I looked.

Green Lantern vol. 2 # 201 title change to GL Corps that is almost same as Guardians of the Galaxy team to appear in live action movie including a cosmic Green Raccoon. (thumbs u

1st Kilowog - about as close to a no-brainer I can think of.

i dont know what you're complaining about. I think it's really handy having a thread just about moderns that are getting hot. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one!

i dont know what you're complaining about. I think it's really handy having a thread just about moderns that are getting hot. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one!

I thought you were leaving the Boards? :D