• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High-Grade Golden Age Books - Beauties!!

28 posts in this topic

Hi all. Been a while since I did a purge on the boards but I have some high-grade books that no longer fit in my collection. I'm offering them hear to allow boardies a chance to get them before promoting them elsewhere.

Rulez is rulez. No probies or shamers. Payment is via paypal or check. Shipping is $15 via USPS in the US. Foreign shipments will be whatever it costs me. Insurance is your choice and price will depend on the book value.

Return policy - you can return a book if you decide you don't want it, but since they are all CGC graded, you would have to pay return shipping. FWIW, I've sold thousands of books on the boards and never had one returned. If you crack it out, you can't return it unless you get it regraded at the same grade. EDIT: After having the issue explained, taking a long time to try to flip a book and then returning it because you couldn't make a few bucks isn't nice. If you do this, I'll subject you to the public taunts of the Probation Discussion thread. (And I won't take back the book or sell to you again.)

First up is Wings Comics #1, CGC 9.4, OW/W Pages.

$5,975

Wings1804x1280_zpsed786d7b.jpg

(hey C, new marketplace rule requires each seller to state return policy on books)

great Wings 1!

Looks like I haven't been here in a while. Policy added.

Cheetah is back. I'll be lurking! Great to have you back.

Hey, buddy. I'll have to see if I have anything laying around you might like.

Famous Funnies: A Carnival of Comics, CGC 9.0, C/OW

This is the second true comic book ever published.

$3,600 - SOLD!

FamousFunniesnn_zps761095d3.jpg

Four Color Comics V2 #1, CGC 9.4, White Pages, Central Valley Pedigree.

I've never seen mention of the Mile High copy of this but it would be hard to find a more beautiful copy. The Central Valley books rival or exceed Edgar Church's books for white page and crisp, beautiful colors.

$7,000

FourColorV21CGC94804x1280_zps72266d65.jpg

I have a lot of high-grade Four Colors that I'd like to move but don't really want to list 200 books if there is little interest. Click the banner for a link to my Registry Set. If you see something you are interested in, shoot me a PM or post in this thread and I can get you the information you need. Please note there are a small handful that I'm hanging onto because they tie to characters in other titles that I collect. That's just a few, though.

sig.jpg

A Cheetah appearance! A titan walks among us! :ohnoez:

I wonder if any of your Supersnipe books are to be purged? :baiting:

Yes, though I hold out hopes of selling them as a set. PM me what you are looking for.

A Cheetah appearance! A titan walks among us! :ohnoez:

I wonder if any of your Supersnipe books are to be purged? :baiting:

Yes, though I hold out hopes of selling them as a set. PM me what you are looking for.

Haha, no worries, I'd hold out hopes of me buying the whole set. After work, I'll go through your set (it's been awhile) and see what catches my eye and shoot you PM. I recall a few covers that really struck me as must have, but I need to find them again.