• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Toronto (Sept. 3 4 5 6) @ the Metro Toronto Convention Centre

62 posts in this topic

The way they have the autograph signing organized, there is no way you can do both the screening/Q&A and the signing. Too close together and 2 different buildings of the convention centre.

For Christian Slater, both are in the same building. Room 701A is one floor above the convention floor of the South Building. Showcase's booth is in the South Building. If they screen the full episode of the show, you're looking at about 45-50 minutes, without commercials. Q&A, probably another 30-45mins. Panel starts at 3:30pm, signing at 5:30pm. Another panel in that same room, starts at 5pm. More than enough time.

The way they have the autograph signing organized, there is no way you can do both the screening/Q&A and the signing. Too close together and 2 different buildings of the convention centre.

For Christian Slater, both are in the same building. Room 701A is one floor above the convention floor of the South Building. Showcase's booth is in the South Building. If they screen the full episode of the show, you're looking at about 45-50 minutes, without commercials. Q&A, probably another 30-45mins. Panel starts at 3:30pm, signing at 5:30pm. Another panel in that same room, starts at 5pm. More than enough time.

Possibly, but based on your times, if people start lining up 4, which is usually the case, even if you make it into the line, they are cutting off the signing at 6:30 regardless of where you are in line, it may be very tight.

Possibly, but based on your times, if people start lining up 4, which is usually the case, even if you make it into the line, they are cutting off the signing at 6:30 regardless of where you are in line, it may be very tight.

The catch with the signings at Showcase and Space booths, you have to go to the panel, to have the chance to get in on the signing. The two ways that I've seen how they determine who gets in on the signing line:

1) Give two coloured tickets out at random, as people enter the panel. Do a draw at the end of the panel, as to which coloured ticket wins and is eligible for the signing.

2) First ### of people in line for the panel, gets a signing ticket. Anyone after those ###, are not eligible.

Planning on lining up early for the panel? Being VIP doesn't help, when it comes to being within the first ### in line, unless you line up before the cut off. They'll let you into the room first, but they'll give out the tickets to those that have been waiting in line, so they don't have to deal with handing out tickets as people go in.

I missed out on the Bitten signing, because I decided to go to the line 30 mins before the panel, while there were over 200 people in line, and they handed out tickets to the first 75 (I believe that's how many they did for that one). Either way, VIP meant nothing, other than getting let into the room first, for a nice seat. Laura Vandervoort still looks amazing, but I missed out on getting something signed by her.

Also, looks like Christian Slater may be only signing the promo item for Mr. Robot. I'm not saying, "don't even bother," but that may be the case. Give it a shot.

Usually, if they are brought in by one of the TV stations, they will have a promo postcard/photo for the guests to sign. I believe that's what they mean by "his own items." He's not brought in to sell his own 8x10s in the hour, he's there to promote the show.

And depending on which security company they hire for Christian Slater, some will be really tough, and only limit it to the one promo item to get signed, some may not say anything if you bring an extra.