• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED!!!

11 posts in this topic

Welcome everyone to the 24 hour sale.

Take 2.5% off on all slabs and 5% off on all RAWs this sell will be closing soon.

Sorry for the photos but photobucket does not seem to like me today.

If you want better pics send me a PM with your email and I will send them directly.

I have a no return policy on slabbed books. All Raw comics have 2 day return policy upon receiving.

Shipping will be $15 for the first 4 slabs and first 10 Raw. After the initial shipping charges the rest is on me.

Insurance is given upon request for an additional charge.

I will only ship to the lower 48 states of the US via USPS.

All items will be shipped securely with bubble wrap, foam peanuts, or paper to prevent movement.

Payments will be made via Paypal within 48 hours of :takeit:

Shipping will take place within 5 business days of payment.

NO HoSer's / Probies list buyers at all!

I am open to trades and offers.

The first :takeit: wins, even if PM negotiations are underway.

If you have any questions please send me a PM.

No stickers or block outs are on the comics themselves.

Sorry for the pictures, lighting in my house is annoying.

Thank you for looking, and have a nice day.

Slabs:

Superman #75 CGC 9.0 $95 $80

DSC00022_zpszkjho8kq.jpg

VWARS Qualified CGC 9.2 $50 $45

ff896357-de7d-4c96-8843-c0f7945b83d2_zpsjjmaajwj.jpg

All Star Comics Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #3 (Frank Miller and Jim Lee Variant) CGC 9.8 $80 $70

DSC00024_zpsyc46nurq.jpg

Wytches #1 CGC 9.8 $80 $75

DSC00025_zps20wcjntd.jpg

RAW: (These lots are for MATURE READERS ONLY)

Lethal Strike Collection lot F to VF $50

00a24360-e79c-4eca-8246-4cb4c4064a23_zpsfyvcsdob.jpg

Darque Razor Collection lot (Complete Run) F to VF $50

94e5637a-847e-42e1-9419-26d7d350235f_zpsxy9b7vnf.jpg

Perg (Complete Run) and Kunoichi lot F to VF $75

f4d30371-0e9d-4d06-bd8c-f9d0375ee8a6_zpsunn4suex.jpg

Assorted Avatar label comics lot F to NM $35

6b1c4810-1e24-4420-8378-6139ddc907bb_zpsnrunfjue.jpg

Hellina Collection lot F to VF $90

294edabb-c41f-4bf4-ad30-bb3630bc207a_zpsaidlfvzx.jpg

Hellina Vs Pandora lot F to VF $50

8235f91f-7047-4d3d-a3ed-b8e092c48c48_zpsqmnpvv6h.jpg

Tommi Gunn Collection lot F to VF $60

167c0d40-9dd3-4cb6-98f5-a32a0eeb16a4_zpsb0wh1u0n.jpg

Thanks. One of these days I will have something sale. Maybe in a few months when I get more slabs in I can break the curse.

I'm going assume this post means you wouldn't mind a bit of constructive criticism, because it seems like you're trying to do things the right way but it hasn't worked out yet. Which is fine, happens to all of us at some point, for any number of reasons, and sometimes its just luck or timing.

1. In most of your group shots of mature comics, they're pretty tough to see, due to the distance and fuzziness. This makes it (A) very hard to see the issue numbers of those comics, (B) very hard to gage condition (and therefore hard to assign value), and © very hard to see the 'appeal' of those comics, which for 'mature' comics is the biggest selling point usually.

2. You could 'upsell' the comics, tell us why we want them, especially if they are a bit esoteric and you're selling them in a lot. ESPECIALLY with 'mature' comics, unknowns (while exciting) can easily end up 'surprising' people in a bad way once they look inside the comic, so people may be hesitant without opening them up.

3. Consider who the potential intended customer who is. Why might they be interested, how do I appeal to that, and how much are they willing to pay? Is it a dealer? If so, they tend to buy a certain percentage of expected retail. Is it a fan of this comic? Why would they want these 12 random comics. Wouldn't they already have some or most of them? Is it a new reader? Why would they want 12 random issues of some comic they've never heard of?

How do you appeal to any or each of those potential audiences, and what price are they willing to pay and why?

4. Pricing - as previously stated, what type of person will buy, and what are they willing to pay, and why? Also, what resources are you using to compare prices? and why wouldn't people purchase things from those same comparable places? For example, even if you're the cheaper than most ebay doesn't mean much if GPA is MUCH lower unless your comic is on the upswing.

Just some things to consider. Some of it is more work some of it is more thinking. None of it is necessary. Just depends how bad you want to sell your comics and how much you want/need to get for them.

Best wishes.

Thanks. One of these days I will have something sale. Maybe in a few months when I get more slabs in I can break the curse.

I'm going assume this post means you wouldn't mind a bit of constructive criticism, because it seems like you're trying to do things the right way but it hasn't worked out yet. Which is fine, happens to all of us at some point, for any number of reasons, and sometimes its just luck or timing.

:baiting: You know what assuming does, right? ;)

If anyone wants close ups of the comics they only have to ask. As for price points I compared them to ebay amazon gpa and mycomicshop.com to just name a few locations. In case anyone is curious.

Does mycomicshop have sold prices listed? or just asking prices? I am always looking for new data on realized sales.

It's good to know you use GPA to price books, some folks won't pony up for the subscription and wind up overpricing slabs by 50%-150%.

If anyone wants close ups of the comics they only have to ask. As for price points I compared them to ebay amazon gpa and mycomicshop.com to just name a few locations. In case anyone is curious.

Does mycomicshop have sold prices listed? or just asking prices? I am always looking for new data on realized sales.

It's good to know you use GPA to price books, some folks won't pony up for the subscription and wind up overpricing slabs by 50%-150%.

some folks pony up and do it anyways....