• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LEGENDS IN THE FALL TOUR (STERANKO, LIEBER, ROMITA, BUSCEMA AND MORE)

38 posts in this topic

I think the conflict of interest is desert wind enterprises is the parent company of the two other companies. I have also been informed that both companies share a booth at conventions making it where celestial might steal Desert wind customers and certify those books via CGC and vise versa. Is this not the case. If so please publicly state this to prevent confusion and accusations.

Kris as you have pointed out, Desert Wind Enterprises, Inc is the parent company of both Desert Wind Comics and Celestial Comics. In 2015, all booths at shows have been under the Desert Wind Enterprises, Inc banner. At each show that we had a 10x10 booth, we would have the booth advertising and promoting taking in CGC submissions. The additional banners we have to advertise that, would be placed for customers to see. So you would see the Celestial Comics banner stating it was accepting CGC submissions at the booth. If someone would come up and ask if we knew about the other grading companies, we would answer their questions truthfully and openly. But any questions pertaining to CBCS would be answered by Chandler. AND HE WOULD STEP OUTSIDE OF THE BOOTH TO DISCUSS MORE DETAILED QUESTIONS SUCH AS PRICING AND PROCEDURES WITH ANY CUSTOMER THAT ASKED. Now in cases where the booth is 10x20 such as the case with the San Diego Comic Con or New York Comic Con, then a 10x10 section would be dedicated to Celestial Comics and a 10x10 section would be dedicated to Desert Wind Comics and while they would be side by side, they would be operated separately by the appropriate staff.

Now as for your statement of "stealing customers", it is our belief that the customer has the right to choose which grading company they wish to use. It is not a matter of steering customers towards any one company as it is more about allowing them to get information on either company and they choose which company they wish to go with. Which company they choose to use is up to them. We are simply providing the information for either company or both companies to them. It is no different then if a customer walks into a comic book store and has DC Comics and Marvel Comics to choose from. Or stepping into a 7-11 and having the choice between Coke and Pepsi. So your comment about "stealing customers" is not valid in this case.

CGC has set specific policies regarding this matter of cross promoting, which Desert Wind Enterprises, Inc has been properly following since the beginning. CGC did not want the same company promoting both grading companies and as you have pointed out, Desert Wind Comics and Celestial Comics are separate companies, that rule is being followed. Just as CGC and CCS are under the same corporate parent company (Certified Guaranty Company, LLC), this is how Desert Wind Comics and Celestial Comics operates.

It would seem you have great concern in how or if a company is cross promoting both grading companies and the confusion it may cause and while we thank you for helping to clarify how Desert Wind Comics and Celestial Comics are doing it correctly, there are many companies in the collectible industry that are NOT properly following the rules and policies set by CGC. Maybe you should turn your attention to them to help clarify any confusion they may be creating. Now allow us to get back to what this thread is intended for, promoting the Legends in the Fall Tour. Thank you.

Now that we've established there are Desert Wind shirts - can we talk about how Celestial Comics and Desert Winds are owned by the same people?

If they are not owned by the same people, why are the owners of Desert Winds shown on the Celestial Comics page with creators?

JImmy the question was not if there were Desert Wind shirts. You asked if there were Desert Wind CGC shirts. And the answer to that is no there are no Desert Wind CGC shirts. Those shirt do not exist at this time.

Also, why is Celestial Comics branded as Desert Winds Celestial Comics on all social media platforms?

Doesn't that contradict the submitting to both CBCS and CGC under the signature series banner?

What is the name of the parent company? Desert Wind Enterprises, Inc. So since Desert Wind Enterprises, Inc owns Celestial Comics, then the name Desert Wind's Celestial Comics is appropriate. Desert Wind Comics is a different company from Celestial Comics but both are owed by the same parent company.

Please note that any further questions pertaining to this mater will be fielded in another thread if you wish. We will not continue to field these questions in this thread as it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Thank you.

Now back to the purpose of this thread and that is promoting the Legends in the Fall Tour. Thank you.

A REMINDER THAT THE MAIL IN SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS QUICKLY COMING UP. SEPTEMBER 30TH IS THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR MAIL IN SUBMISSIONS. ONSITE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DESERT WIND ENTERPRISES BOOTH IN BOTH THE BALTIMORE AND NEW YORK COMIC CON'S. THERE WILL BE A CUT OFF FOR LARRY LIEBER SUBMISSIONS AT NEW YORK OF FRIDAY AT NOON. THANK YOU. PLEASE SEND ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE LEGENDS IN THE FALL TOUR TO SHARON@CELESTIAL-COMICS.COM

WOW WOW WOW

JUST ADDED TO THE LEGENDS LINEUP!!

LARRY LIEBER

Co-creator of Iron Man, Thor, and Ant-Man!!!

This is awesome! :headbang:

I think Larry's contribution is often overlooked or maybe just a little under-appreciated. I love my Larry Lieber sig from a past Legends In The Fall Tour! And when do we ever see him signing at a Con?

Best part is you guys even added Carmine Infantino for me as a bonus, no charge or anything! It was an amazing surprise that I am still thrilled with, especially since there will never be another Infantino op. Sadly this is the case with so many who have signed my book through your past Legends tours...

15_zpspfobydl1.jpg

:cloud9:

I think what jimmy and so many others think and are getting at is Chandler and yourself are using Clever loopholes in order to take business for both companies essentially riding the fence. Most would believe and I agree this is wrong. You two have always been masterful word wizards always making someone else the offender instead of yourselves

Thank you all of our customers that submitted for Legends via either mail-in or Onsite. And the Onsite submissions were fantastic! We are still bagging the signed books as well as prepping the on sites for Legends. We had a hugely successful signing with John Romita today as well as John Romita Jr. We drove from one end of Long Island to the other. And we head upstate tomorrow to sign with both Joe Sinnott and Terry Austin. Followed by a Wednesday signing with both Steranko and David Michelenie and finishing our east coast trip will be our Sal Buscema signing before we fly back to Las Vegas.

So it has concluded. The Legends in the Fall Tour has officially concluded. All creators that were part of this annual event have signed all submissions. We want to thank everyone who submitted for this event. We have once again covered more creators and more miles to get everything signed then anyone else in the business. Thank you again to all of the Celestial Corp team members who helped make this event a HUGE success. Look for the spring event happening next year. We look forward to once again providing the best opportunity to get your books signed by creators who no longer sign at cons. So the Legends Tour is the best way to get your favorite long time artists and writers on your favorite books. Until next year.

Love what you guys do and am happy with my past submissions, taking excellent care of all my books and getting them done as requested. Hope to be able to submit in the spring with you guys, much love. Continue the good work and keep on trucking (thumbs u

p.s. would you consider adding Dave Hunt to the next Legends?