• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASSASSIN'S CREED starring Michael Fassbender (12/21/16)

75 posts in this topic

It's been talked about every so often, and had a few false starts.

09e65040c3fd16923aab811d4da2522ff4dc3a71-149209.jpg

09e65040c3fd16923aab811d4da2522ff4dc3a71-1-149207.jpg

But now the fun begins.

The first image of Michael Fassbender as the lead in the Assassin’s Creed movie has been released.

While the movie is based on Ubisoft’s popular video game series of the same name, Fassbender will play a brand new character, Callum Lynch, rather than any of the games’ previous protagonists. Sorry Ezio fans.

Yahoo, who first revealed the photo, says that Lynch is a new character being introduced into “the same world” as the video games. This may be read as confirming that the film is canon within the videogame series. ComicBook.com is reaching out to Ubisoft and those involved with the film for clarification.

While a different character, Lynch shares traits with the game series’ protagonists. He is a descendent of the Assassins society and has unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the lifeof his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Learning from his predecessor’s experience, he takes the fight to the Knights Templar in the modern era.

This has potential to be good.

Fassbender has become one of my favorite actors since X-Men:First Class.

I also like that they're not following the same story from the games,and instead going with new characters but still part of the AC universe.

An Assassin's Creed park ride??!!

Ubisoft Theme Park With Assassin's Creed Attractions In The Works

Get ready Assassins Creed fans, you might be able to bring your building climbing, leap of faith diving experiences to new heights. Today, Ubisoft announced that it’s bringing the franchise, as well as a few others, to life by developing a next-generation theme park.

Headed up by Ubisoft Motion Pictures and RSG, their goal is to bring together brands like Assassins Creed, Just Dance, Rabbids and more to design a highly interactive gaming experience that will include innovative rides, attractions and shows.

“Together we are creating a place where every guest is a player, every ride is a playground, every visit is a game,” said Jean de Rivières, senior vice president, Ubisoft Motion Pictures. “In RSG, we’ve found a partner with a successful track record in working with international brands, a shared ambition to design the family destination of the future, and a wealth of expertise in theme park development.”

Assassin’s Creed Movie Has Started Filming In Malta

The Malta Film Commission confirmed to Malta Today (hat tip to SR reader “Etienne”) that Assassin’s Creed began shooting in Malta over this past week. Malta has served as a shooting location for such historical action/adventures and dramas as Gladiator, The Count of Monte Cristo (2002), and Troy over the past fifteen years, in addition to having been used in such recent globe-trotting thrillers as World War Z and Captain Phillips. For Assassin’s Creed, Malta is “playing” 15th century Spain, for a storyline not based on any previously-released Assassin’s Creed video game narratives.

Malta Film Commissioner Engelbert Grech issued the following statement, regarding the news:

“Malta has truly become a key film location. Assassin’s Creed chose Malta following discussion with the Malta Film Commission and will benefit from incentives offered to productions filming in Malta.”

Jeremy Irons & Brendan Gleeson Join ‘Assassin’s Creed’

EXCLUSIVE: Jeremy Irons and Brendan Gleeson are joining the cast of Assassin’s Creed starring opposite Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard for director Justin Kurzel, New Regency and UbiSoft Motion Pictures; Fox is distributing. The live-action film is an adaptation of the wildly popular Ubisoft video game. Irons plays Cotillard’s father. Gleeson plays Fassbender’s father. This is one heck of a lineup as the production companies are very smartly reaching beyond the already established Assassin’s Creed brand and have put together a high-quality cast.

n9frnNe.png

A new photo from the set of the Assassin's Creed movie has been released by DMC Film's on Twitter.

In the photo, star Michael Fassbender stands facing a wall, exposing a mark on the back on of his neck and a phrase on the wall, "Progress requires sacrifice."

6yaNCRA.png

New Assassin's Creed Set Pictures, Shooting Information from Malta

In a conversation with The Location Guide, Joseph Formosa Randon, the location manager for the Assassin's Creed film in Malta, shared some secrets and also revealed two new official pictures of the set. Of course, they're literally just the set, so don't expect to see Michael Fassbender or Marion Cotillard here, but it gives you an idea of the look and feel they're going for with the film.

assassins-creed-malta-2-157878.jpg

assassins-creed-malta-1-157877.jpg

MI4wwdu.png

e6GnsQp.png

A tweet indicating we’re one year out from the release of the film starts the treasure hunt, with a business card of Abstergo Industries CEO Alan Rikkin. Abstergo is the universe’s bad guys – a front for the Templar organization that seeks to bring order to the world by forcibly controlling everyone in it. If you send and email or make a phone call to the provided info, you get two similar messages. First, the voicemail, which says:

“Hello, you’ve reached the voicemail of Alan Rikkin. I’ll be out of office on business through March 25th with extremely limited availability.

“Please excuse any delay in communication during this period as our team and I continue on Abstergo Industries’ mission to provide high quality products that enrich, entertain, and shape the lives of our customers.

“Your call is valuable, and I look forward to speaking with you upon my return.”

And now we know who will play the bad guy based on the voicemail recording.

Jeremy Irons' Role Revealed For ASSASSIN'S CREED

On the business card, there are two phone numbers both of which, if called lead you straight to a voicemail revealing Jeremy Irons as Alan Rikkin, the CEO of Abstergo. For those of you who don't know, Abstergo is a front for the Knights Templar, the antagonists of the Assassin's Creed franchise. In the voicemail, Alan Rikkin divulges some information on his availability saying that he would return March 25.

Hello, you’ve reached the voicemail of Alan Rikkin. I’ll be out of the office on business until March 25 with limited availability.

It is most likely that the first footage of the long-awaited film could be released on March 25, 2016. It could also mean that maybe the film starts up on more viral marketing with Abstergo.

646-845-9162

Michael Fassbender never played the video game before signing on to Assassin’s Creed

Before Ubisoft made their movie overture to him in 2012, the Irish-German thespian admits he couldn’t have been less of a gamer and didn’t have the most concrete idea of what he was getting into. “I hadn’t played it before these guys approached me,” Fassbender tells EW.

“I’ve played it since [being offered the job] mainly to get an idea of the physicality of the character,” Fassbender says by phone from Spain, where he was filming the adaptation. “We’re striving to find something special. We believe the whole concept around it is special and want to service that the best we can. The fans are really passionate: very specific and they expect accuracy and historical detail. We’re really trying to capitalize and feed on and enjoy the fun element. We’re working hard to make this something special.”

What a great excuse for going on a gaming binge for a few days.

'I'M STUDYING FOR A ROLE!'

006-ew-assassins-creed_0.jpg