• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gwenpool : from variant cvr to guest to own solo title

306 posts in this topic

I remember Lim's Variant being posted as the first Gwenpool on the CGC 9.8 label.(see 9.6)

Anyone got a date when the Lim came out vs the Marvel Secret Wars one?

I was thinking that many Gwenpool variants came out in the same week. I remember picking up several that week at the LCS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Howard-the-Duck-1-CGC-9-6-1st-GwenPool-COMICSMV-Ron-Lim-1-25-Rare-Variant-/151922853398?hash=item235f4ec616:g:aHgAAOSwJcZWd17z

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deadpools-Secret-Secret-Wars-2-CGC-9-6-1st-appearance-of-Gwenpool-/111843638422?hash=item1a0a667c96:g:ulcAAOSwT4lWSpik

The Secret Wars variant came out months prior to the Lim variant. At least 3 months prior.

There were numerous Gwen variants the month of the GwenPool variant (they did basically a whole month) but the Deadpool/GwenPool variant was the only one to get enough juice to get people cosplaying or talking about it, enticing Marvel to do the back-up stories in Howard the Duck during the ANAD relaunch (and that was the one that did the Lim variant)

The Secret Wars variant came out months prior to the Lim variant. At least 3 months prior.

There were numerous Gwen variants the month of the GwenPool variant (they did basically a whole month) but the Deadpool/GwenPool variant was the only one to get enough juice to get people cosplaying or talking about it, enticing Marvel to do the back-up stories in Howard the Duck during the ANAD relaunch (and that was the one that did the Lim variant)

Thanks. That makes sense.

You're welcome.

So it's essentially

Secret Wars (1st cover appearance)

2-3 month gap

Howard the Duck Lim Variant (2nd cover appearance & 1st appearance in a story)

You're welcome.

So it's essentially

Secret Wars (1st cover appearance)

2-3 month gap

Howard the Duck Lim Variant (2nd cover appearance & 1st appearance in a story)

Thanks. So that combo of the second cover appearance and the first story makes the Lim Variant attractive vs. Reg HTD which says first appearance also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOWARD-THE-DUCK-1-CGC-9-8-SOLD-OUT-FIRST-PRINT-FIRST-APPEARANCE-GWENPOOL-/191763519388?hash=item2ca5ff179c:g:5E8AAOSwCQNWdlN9

Absolutely. At least, I would assume so (I like just having my DSSW cover variant). I guess it would be most similar to the EoSV 2 Land variant vs the regular cover. They both have the first something-Gwen in a story in them, but only 1 has her on the cover. But different because she appeared on a different book's cover as a gag first.

You know what? I don't really know. I give up on this one. I'm good with my DSSW variant & just going with that.

I think the Lim is a good bet if looking at print run as the key factor, but the secret wars cover is the first appearance. I like the future of both. I knew an ongoing had to be around the corner.

I think having all three of the htd variants and some of the Holiday special covers is a good idea if you like Gwenpool.

I think the Lim is a good bet if looking at print run as the key factor, but the secret wars cover is the first appearance. I like the future of both. I knew an ongoing had to be around the corner.

I think having all three of the htd variants and some of the Holiday special covers is a good idea if you like Gwenpool.

Agreed. I was hoping to pick up some additional copies of HtD #1 Lim variant, but with the news prices are rising.

Agreed. I was hoping to pick up some additional copies of HtD #1 Lim variant, but with the news prices are rising.

Just realized this is scheduled for an April release.....perhaps in April fools joke?? hm

Nothing tonight. Maybe tomorrow. I ordered an issue 3 off of Facebook last week, and that has already came in. I've got a nice Gwenpool collection going.

A few raw secret wars 2, and a 9.8 signed by Stan Lee (I know he had nothing to do with this character, but still...), 5 raw htd lim variants, 3 htd 2, a few covers for the holiday special with my favorite being the Pasqual Ferry, and pretty soon I should have 2 liefeld variants. I'm enjoying the absurdity and ridiculousness.