• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo Canada, Sept 1-4, 2016

560 posts in this topic

Would be cool if we could. Right now just Lloyd confirmed or we would have announced them at the same time. Fingers crossed that we can, Michael J. Fox is one of the celebs I would like to meet.

Kevin, so far I am very impressed with the work you have done so far! I don't recall seeing so many confirmed guests before tickets went on sale. Any chance of getting Jim Lee, any other comic book legends and the comic book companies (having a presence and booth)? I miss the marvel hour or free sketches the companies used to provide.

Thanks, but most of those guests were brought in by other team members so thank the team! We're all really excited and we've barely scratched the surface. There are people I know are coming that I'm amazed haven't been announced yet --- so stay tuned!

We here on the comics team are just bowled over with excitement that Frank Miller, Klaus Janson and the Dark Knight III team of Brian Azzarello and Andy Kubert will be joining Stan Lee at Fan Expo Canada and at all of our big shows this spring and summer like MegaCon and Fan Expo Dallas.

Jim Lee is always possible provided his schedule allows for it, running DC Comics keeps him pretty busy and on top of that he'll be doing double duty with his work on Suicide Squad when it relaunches in August.

Of course we have some legends coming, keep an eye out for announcements. We'll be announcing comic guests between now and July, We are working with the big publishers to make the Fan Expo experience a positive and ultimate one for comic fans at all of our shows, but I'm not at liberty to make any announcements about what involvement they will have at this time.

It would be awesome if they did though and we'd love it if they could.

Today's announcement is:

JOHN BARROWMAN

Malcolm Merlyn, Arrow

Captain Jack Harkness, Doctor Who / Torchwood

How does the Frank Miller Fan Experience work? I noticed there is a Saturday and Sunday option, is Miller having a panel both days or just one? What is the difference?

How many seats are in the panel presentation if both days are selling 100 priority seats and the meet and greet is selling 30 priority seats each day? That's is 260 priority seats, which may not be very close to the panel.

How does the signing with Miller work? If I get line by pass, can I go to the back of the line to get another autograph or lineup the following day to get a free autograph? If I purchase 2 fan experience passes do I get line by pass both days?

so if I pay $1000 for the VIP dinner with Miller - the sketch and three included signatures can't be graded?

Is this part of the $1,200 package to share a steak with Miller and have him initial 'FM' on 3 comics? Guess this makes paying Liefeld $80 to initial 'RLd' on X-force #2 a good buy. doh!

I paid more for vip Paris comiccons Frank Miller package, and I really don't see a comparison.

Better or worse?

Frank Miller is the only reason I do what I do.

Frank Miller is the only reason you blaze and listen to gangsta rap? ....seems legit.

Thanks, but most of those guests were brought in by other team members so thank the team! We're all really excited and we've barely scratched the surface. There are people I know are coming that I'm amazed haven't been announced yet --- so stay tuned!

Of course we have some legends coming, keep an eye out for announcements. We'll be announcing comic guests between now and July, We are working with the big publishers to make the Fan Expo experience a positive and ultimate one for comic fans at all of our shows, but I'm not at liberty to make any announcements about what involvement they will have at this time.

Must...know...guest list....

How does the Frank Miller Fan Experience work? I noticed there is a Saturday and Sunday option, is Miller having a panel both days or just one? What is the difference?

How many seats are in the panel presentation if both days are selling 100 priority seats and the meet and greet is selling 30 priority seats each day? That's is 260 priority seats, which may not be very close to the panel.

How does the signing with Miller work? If I get line by pass, can I go to the back of the line to get another autograph or lineup the following day to get a free autograph? If I purchase 2 fan experience passes do I get line by pass both days?

:bump:

I'm not certain on the Saturday/Sunday meaning. As far as I know there are two panels - the big open to the public one which I assume will be in one of the larger halls and it is here that the priority seats will be held, and the other one which is just for the 30 people who paid for the higher priced package. Perhaps one is on Saturday, the other Sunday?

100 + 30 = 130, there isn't a duplicated number for two days.

As for the free public signing, one item per person and we expect high demand for these signings, I suppose you could try to go to the end but I can't promise the line won't be capped by the time you get back there.

I'm not certain on the Saturday/Sunday meaning. As far as I know there are two panels - the big open to the public one which I assume will be in one of the larger halls and it is here that the priority seats will be held, and the other one which is just for the 30 people who paid for the higher priced package. Perhaps one is on Saturday, the other Sunday?

100 + 30 = 130, there isn't a duplicated number for two days.

As for the free public signing, one item per person and we expect high demand for these signings, I suppose you could try to go to the end but I can't promise the line won't be capped by the time you get back there.

Thanks! On your tickets page, it says Fan Experience Saturday and Fan Experience Sunday. I assume it is line by pass for each day. As well, from what I inferred from the meet and greet information there is one on Saturday and Sunday?

I fully admit that I'm not 100% up on all ticket packages, and things often change while I'm at work researching cancer. For specific questions about ticket packages you are interested in purchasing, I suggest you email Fan Expo HQ and you can be directly connected with someone associated with ticket sales for the Frank Miller events: tickets@fanexpohq.com or info@fanexpohq.com

Pretty quite on the artist announcements....chirp chirp..

Pretty quite awesome so far!

Yes, it takes some time to get the images and the website prepped for these official announcements. I think you might see something the second week of May.

Pretty quite on the artist announcements....chirp chirp..

Pretty quite awesome so far!

Yes, it takes some time to get the images and the website prepped for these official announcements. I think you might see something the second week of May.

Thanks Kevin!