• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 2-4, 2016

262 posts in this topic

If you buy tix online, I believe you'll have to wait in the lines depending on the ticket you bought. When I went to WW Philly I bought a regular ticket and had to wait inline with everyone else. Before that I had to wait outside until a couple hours before the let everyone in to wait in another line.

The VIP people were let in an hour earlier.

With a dealer badge, you can get into the hall as soon as you get there. No waiting outside and no waiting for the con to open.

If you are planning on going and have not bought a ticket, you should buy this dealer badge. Trust me when I say this. The crowds - especially on Saturday - are going to be insane.

This.

X1000

Anybody wanna buy a 1960's comic rack offa me?

I can bring it to the con in Baltimore later today, or PM me to schedule a pick up at my home in New Jersey.

If it's picked up or delivered in person, $200 takes it....I'd also be happy to exchange it for a raw or slabbed book with a FMV of around $225.

I barely ever use this rack anymore, I just want it to go bye bye.

If I have to package this unwieldy up, I gotta get $225 + the exact cost of USPS online postage.I'll eat the packaging costs, in that event.

If interested, PM me.

Funny books on the rack are not included.

20160902_012500_zpsevwarp1u.jpg]20160902_012500_zpsevwarp1u.jpg[/url]

Thinking about stopping by tomorrow, but not sure if it will be worth it since I couldn't get to the show on day 1 for commission/sketch purposes.

How is the pricing for modern graded books? I've never done any shopping for single books at Baltimore, or any large con for that matter. Are there good values to be had that make it worth the price of admission? Particularly looking for a few newer Image books that may have a higher market value (for my personal collection).

That sucked! Everyone grabbing books down off of shelves as the person on the PA yells at everyone to clear the building. Then we get outside and they let us back in after a couple minutes. Crazy.

Flying home.

Great finds. Great friends (except Greggy). Great show.

You left your Pom Poms in the Johnny Rockets booth.

TIMMAY!!!! Good to see you yesterday!

Really good show yesterday (except for the Fire Alarm). They did offer everyone free pass today that stuck around after the alarm.

I'm glad I ended up buying my ticket online though. I usually stroll up to the con around 1pm and buy my ticket at the booth. Yesterday though, there was about a 45 minute wait at that time if you had to buy tix. :o

Had an awesome show and it's always good to see old friends and chat (Donut, Joey, Rich Henn, TomG, Bedrock, Gator, NWO, Greggy). And pick up some books for the collection.

Big props to Bob Storms for bringing some specific books for me to tire kick on (and purchase!). Bob truly is the best.

And to Greg Reece for a great deal on a book I've had on my wantlist since I started collecting.

In Atlanta on my way home. What a great show this was. Kudos to Mark for always having a comic centric show. While I did not get any of my own books graded onsite I did help a few friends out who got back some really nice books. Missed the fire alarm mess, as I ran out of steam around 4 each day and had to head back to the show for a pre-dinner nap.

Some personal highlight from the show.

Seeing everyone again. You forget how many close friendships you develops over the years until you see many of those same people at one venue. The list is long and I don't want to accidentally leave anyone out so I will say I enjoyed the time I spent with everyone. Even if they were brief conversation, always good to see friends.

Picked up lots of good books.

Iron Man 55

Numerous Copies of New Mutants 98

Marvel Premier 15

Some absolutely sick picture frame books.

Lil Pals 2

Lil Kids 10

Harvey 4

Lil Kids 7

ASM 300

Captain Marvel 29

Captain Marvel 30

Lots of moderns.

Best pickup was a Hulk page from issue 195 that Buchara had just picked up at the show. One of my favorite fight scenes as kid. Will post pictures when I get settled.

Just got home. Great show. Makes me realize how crappy Philly WW is. My main focus is magazines and I was not disappointed. Even bought a few moderns at really good prices. There were also some really nicely priced statues that I just couldn't pull the trigger on.

Briefly met quite a few people. Greggy, Flying Donut, Bob Storm and a few I'm sure I am missing. Spent a lot of time at Andrew's booth (1Cool) picking up some books I bought awhile back and finding a few new ones.

Had a great night in Inner Harbor as well. Dinner at Fogo De Chao and then just walking around. Already planning my trip for next year.

One thing that was really annoying was the booth numbering. When I got there on Saturday all of the chalk on the floor was gone. With nothing overhead and most booths not using the banner with the number it was extremely frustrating.

Stopped by today and had a good time. The artists were friendly as always, had a good conversation with Templesmith. No money was spent at comics vendors unfortunately. I found many to be unfriendly and seemed like I was inconveniencing them, so I'd rather not begin a deal that way.

Maybe significant haggling is customary at shows, but I had a bit of sticker shock at the price of moderns for sale.

This was another great year for the Baltimore comic con.

Lots of books to buy and a large turnout.

Most of the dealers I asked said they had a good show.

It was great to catch up with a lot of boardies and meet a few new ones too.

Bummed that I missed the dinner but I was too beat from the show on Saturday to go.

Hopefully this show will be a few weeks later next year so I can do Chicago too.

Flying home.

Great finds. Great friends (except Greggy). Great show.

You left your Pom Poms in the Johnny Rockets booth.

TIMMAY!!!! Good to see you yesterday!

Really good show yesterday (except for the Fire Alarm). They did offer everyone free pass today that stuck around after the alarm.

I'm glad I ended up buying my ticket online though. I usually stroll up to the con around 1pm and buy my ticket at the booth. Yesterday though, there was about a 45 minute wait at that time if you had to buy tix. :o

Had an awesome show and it's always good to see old friends and chat (Donut, Joey, Rich Henn, TomG, Bedrock, Gator, NWO, Greggy). And pick up some books for the collection.

Big props to Bob Storms for bringing some specific books for me to tire kick on (and purchase!). Bob truly is the best.

And to Greg Reece for a great deal on a book I've had on my wantlist since I started collecting.

Missed you on the floor, hope all is well!