• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

My rough adaptation of the NYCC program with a touch of the original DKR cover. My own variant cover.

image.jpeg

That looks really good. The Greg Capullo cover is lookin pretty sweet, very DKish.

Just to get one of every cover runs in the neighborhood of $800+ :eek:

Not sure where I remember hearing there was a 1:5000 variant also with an actual Jim Lee sketch as well, could've been the video, but who knows who much that'll be.

My rough adaptation of the NYCC program with a touch of the original DKR cover. My own variant cover.

image.jpeg

That looks really good. The Greg Capullo cover is lookin pretty sweet, very DKish.

Just to get one of every cover runs in the neighborhood of $800+ :eek:

Not sure where I remember hearing there was a 1:5000 variant also with an actual Jim Lee sketch as well, could've been the video, but who knows who much that'll be.

That variant cover above is my own variant swipe of Kuberts NYCC program book art, was playing around with photoshop, it was a quick job. Would look even better as a real cover on one of the issues or a collection of the series. Who knows if DC will use it for anything else. Seems too good of a cover to not use anywhere else. Wow! $800 is an understatement if you include the Jim Lee $600 variant and the Jim Lee 1:5000 is an original drawing and will be well over $1000.

What is everyone prediction for this book? All hype and not much substance? I was in my LCS the other day and the owner heard nothing, but negative things about it and felt it was being overblown and will be a bust. I'm not sure if it can match the popularity and story of the original DKR, but I hope it does just as well.

What is everyone prediction for this book? All hype and not much substance? I was in my LCS the other day and the owner heard nothing, but negative things about it and felt it was being overblown and will be a bust. I'm not sure if it can match the popularity and story of the original DKR, but I hope it does just as well.
Where did he hear it was negative? Does he know people directly involved on the book or is he just guessing?

Where did he hear it was negative? Does he know people directly involved on the book or is he just guessing?

He said it was based upon rumors he read on the Internet and for all I know people in the know. He seemed very confident in his opinion. I know a lot of people weren't enthused by Millers mini cover, but besides the variant covers and some revealed images we don't know too much about this series. Kuberts and Jansons artwork looks good, but who says the story matches it.

He said it was based upon rumors he read on the Internet and for all I know people in the know. He seemed very confident in his opinion. I know a lot of people weren't enthused by Millers mini cover, but besides the variant covers and some revealed images we don't know too much about this series. Kuberts and Jansons artwork looks good, but who says the story matches it.

Financially, it'll be a huge success for DC.

If store's order within their budget, it'll be a huge success for them.

The art should be fine.

The story...who knows... been awhile since Frank gave us a great story....DK2 wasn't exactly memorable.

Secondary market... uh, no. Maybe for a variant or two, in a hot minute. But there will be plenty of this book left over.

The aftermath of it all will be, meh.

Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Isn't this every big event from the big two?