• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

If anyone needs a 4-day NYCC badge, I've got one extra (turns out that my friend failed to fill out a Fan Verification profile and so he can't use it :doh:...he's going to try and source a dealer badge now instead). I will sell it at cost (you must cover taxes, fees and shipping as well). Shoot me a PM ASAP if interested - you must have filled out a Fan Verification profile online prior to June 15, though, or else I won't be able to assign the ticket to you.

- Gene

UPDATE: Sold!

If anyone needs a 4-day NYCC badge, I've got one extra (turns out that my friend failed to fill out a Fan Verification profile and so he can't use it :doh:...he's going to try and source a dealer badge now instead). I will sell it at cost (you must cover taxes, fees and shipping as well). Shoot me a PM ASAP if interested - you must have filled out a Fan Verification profile online prior to June 15, though, or else I won't be able to assign the ticket to you.

- Gene

That's funny Gene, we must be friends to twins lol

I just got on here to also offer an extra 4-day pass. So now there's a pair here for anyone that needs tickets. They have to be assigned soon or I'll just get my money back.

Here's the cost breakdown:

Description Unit price Qty Amount

4-Day Ticket

$115.00 USD 3 $345.00 USD

Sales Tax

$30.64 USD 1 $30.64 USD

Standard Shipping and Processing

$3.00 USD 1 $3.00 USD

Subtotal $378.64 USD

Total $378.64 USD

Payment $378.64 USD

Payment sent to nyccpaypal@reedexpo.com

Total cost per ticket: $126.21

PM (soon) if interested. Before you ask, I won't assign the ticket prior to payment... (tsk)

:news:SOLD

- Gene

:takeit:

So what if you already verified but was only able to get a one day ticket, can you add another day or buy a 3 day pass and cancel out that single day ticket you had already bought ?

Pretty confusing, but I think this

Reclaimed and cancelled Single Day Tickets will go on sale at a later date. Anyone that has gone through the Fan Verification process at any point will have the opportunity to buy these Tickets.

means that only single day tickets will be available in this second go round. So you may not have a shot at a three day.

So unverified 3 and for 4 badges will not be reissued, but converted to single day passes?

Based on current information that seems to be the case.

Of course they could always reissue the 3 and 4 day passes at a later date (or higher price).

This is new for all of us so they can keep changing the rules as they wish.

The organizers will make more money selling full priced single day tickets than discounted multi day badges. Multi day badges are also easier to share and scalp unused days.

:sick:

My niece and nephews will not be attending the show with me this year. :P

Cheers!

N.

I love how verification is now going to reopen for a few days. Gotta get those last few passes sold!!! :P Yes, it was common to share a multi day pass with a friend, but was that really that big a deal?

There must be a better method than this. I feel like I got screwed out of a 3 or 4 day pass by people that were trying to "scalp" within the verified system, when I was stuck in the line for 45 minutes when I logged in the second it hit 12 PM, but was forced to log out because I have a job. I was "happy" to get the one day passes, but now that seems like the waiting and stressing on day one was pointless. I played by their rules, but why?

I love how verification is now going to reopen for a few days. Gotta get those last few passes sold!!! :P Yes, it was common to share a multi day pass with a friend, but was that really that big a deal?

There must be a better method than this. I feel like I got screwed out of a 3 or 4 day pass by people that were trying to "scalp" within the verified system, when I was stuck in the line for 45 minutes when I logged in the second it hit 12 PM, but was forced to log out because I have a job. I was "happy" to get the one day passes, but now that seems like the waiting and stressing on day one was pointless. I played by their rules, but why?

Comic Con is re-opening the verification process because there are many people who purchased tickets for friends and family who either didn't fill out a verification form, didn't know they needed a verification form or were denied verification because of a computer glitch. Yes, all the requirements to purchase and assign the tickets purchased were spelled out in the fax sheet but people misunderstood or didn't carefully read the rules. I don't know how many passes we're talking about but I doubt it is a very large number. Comic Con is trying to do the right thing for these fans who waited in the online queue and purchased tickets in good faith that they then thought they would be able to assign to friends and family.

If you look at the number of tickets available on ebay through scalpers, you'll notice there are far less than previous years. Last night I counted only 55 passes available on ebay. In the past, there were multiple pages with hundreds available. Even if you estimate the total number of passes available through scalpers on ebay and stub hub to be a thousand, that is about a half of one percent of the total attendance at last years convention [170,000]. I don't think it is possible to stop all scalping but that is a very low figure. To blame scalpers for you not getting a pass this year or to complain that Comic Con re-opening the verification process is enabling the scalpers to get more tickets is disingenuous. There are just not enough passes to accommodate everyone who would like to attend. The convention has outgrown the capacity of the Javits Center.

Verification is re-opening at 9:00 AM EDT Monday July 11 and closes at 12:00 PM EDT [noon] Tuesday July 12. This is a little over 24 hours and not "days." If you fill out a fan verification form during that time period, you can verify an email address for an already purchased ticket, as long as you do it between Wednesday, July 13 at 12:00 PM (noon) EDT and Thursday, July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT. After that window of opportunity expires, any non-verified tickets purchased will be refunded and will eventually be re-sold to anyone who has filled out a fan verification form, whether that was previous to this re-opening period or not. If you are verified or take advantage to verify in this re-opened period, you will have an opportunity to purchase any passes which are returned to Comic Con because they were not assigned to a valid email address.

Does showclix send you any sort of confirmation that your ticket has been successfully assigned? I found this step of the process kind of weird.

Nope.. at least not yet they haven't, would be nice though. As long as there's an assigned email address for each ticket and it submitted without any issues, then all should be good.