• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

I tried a contract before and people stay away from me like the plauge :(

you mean plague. If the contract was drafted in similar fashion, ask yourself why.

No I used a template from the internet and wasn't anything super official more like a written agreement but still turned people off from it.

How do you prevent the buyer from saying they are not interested after you find the comic, only to cut you out and buy it themselves?

I don't prevent it 100% but I give them the info after I buy the comic and usually deals go sour in my experience because of the offers the dealers make if you have any tips I'd love to hear them :)

You could have potential clients here on the board and you can only use correct punctuation and grammar in emails but not in your thread. How many deals have you had go sour after buying the books?

The PM box overfloweth !

Not likely haha

I was referring to HIM !

So you find a book at 55percent of FMV. Why pass it along to your client instead of selling it here for 80 percent?

if your serious pm me and I'll see what I can do.

I PM'd you about the Tecs. It's been over 2 hours. Nothing. :taptaptap:

:gossip: I'm working on it

Free advice is worth exactly what I'm charging you for it, but here it is: Nobody is perfect, me most of all, but if you truly want to succeed in the comic business, or any other for that matter, take the time to use proper grammar and punctuation in your posts and messages. If I was a potential customer and emails or messages from you looked like most of your posts on the boards, I would have a tough time taking you seriously, and consequently, would likely not do business with you. My thinking is, if a person can't be bothered to properly and coherently put a sentence together, how do I know that their service will be any better than their grammar? It might seem like a small thing, but simply saying that "grammar isn't my strong suit" followed by your constant use of the smiley face emoticon isn't going to cut it when a potential deal involves hundreds or thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to dump on you, just offering some helpful advice. Whether you decide to take it or leave it is completely up to you.

For emails and messages I do my best with grammar and punctuation and yes I do use the smiley face emoticon a lot because it would seem in my mind I'm not as friendly or is that wrong? would it make me more professional?

You can be friendly without constantly using that thing. Personally, it's just annoying seeing it in every post, but that's just me. Capitalizing the first word of every sentence would look a lot more professional than any emoticon.

Really? cool well if it bothered you say something I don't bite and I won't get angry at you and I've been doing it so much it's become somewhat of a habit but I'll break it.

How do you prevent the buyer from saying they are not interested after you find the comic, only to cut you out and buy it themselves?

I don't prevent it 100% but I give them the info after I buy the comic and usually deals go sour in my experience because of the offers the dealers make if you have any tips I'd love to hear them :)

You could have potential clients here on the board and you can only use correct punctuation and grammar in emails but not in your thread. How many deals have you had go sour after buying the books?

I can put more effort into how I speak on the boards here as well and I've only had deals go sour because the offers were either insulting or my client took to long to respond which pissed of the seller and the deals would fall apart.

Free advice is worth exactly what I'm charging you for it, but here it is: Nobody is perfect, me most of all, but if you truly want to succeed in the comic business, or any other for that matter, take the time to use proper grammar and punctuation in your posts and messages. If I was a potential customer and emails or messages from you looked like most of your posts on the boards, I would have a tough time taking you seriously, and consequently, would likely not do business with you. My thinking is, if a person can't be bothered to properly and coherently put a sentence together, how do I know that their service will be any better than their grammar? It might seem like a small thing, but simply saying that "grammar isn't my strong suit" followed by your constant use of the smiley face emoticon isn't going to cut it when a potential deal involves hundreds or thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to dump on you, just offering some helpful advice. Whether you decide to take it or leave it is completely up to you.

For emails and messages I do my best with grammar and punctuation and yes I do use the smiley face emoticon a lot because it would seem in my mind I'm not as friendly or is that wrong? would it make me more professional?

You can be friendly without constantly using that thing. Personally, it's just annoying seeing it in every post, but that's just me. Capitalizing the first word of every sentence would look a lot more professional than any emoticon.

Really? cool well if it bothered you say something I don't bite and I won't get angry at you and I've been doing it so much it's become somewhat of a habit but I'll break it.

It couldn't hurt.

It couldn't hurt.

According to articles I've read it takes about 30 days to break a habit so I'll start now.

I am supposed to be listing more things and instead I am compelled to read the boards.

I'm supposed to be sleeping ( it's 04:35 in Paris ) and instead I am compelled to read the boards. :facepalm:

Thankfully not a lot of meetings on Mondays. :banana:

I am supposed to be listing more things and instead I am compelled to read the boards.

I'm supposed to be sleeping ( it's 04:35 in Paris ) and instead I am compelled to read the boards. :facepalm:

I know someone that has a book I think you are looking for BTW... I will point you in the direction of it sans commission or deal. I am looking for the pic now.

I know someone that has a book I think you are looking for BTW... I will point you in the direction of it sans commission or deal. I am looking for the pic now.

:foryou:

Get in touch with Harley Yee

Told you I would keep your list in mind.

CE719DBB-5449-4C54-9072-7071DDB89BF6.jpg

Thanks Andrew. It has been listed on ComicLink for a while now. Also saw it in Doc Joe's NYCC coverage. Afraid I've seen much better looking 4.0s and 4.5s with final sales prices lower than what he's asking for it.

Thanks Andrew. It has been listed on ComicLink for a while now. Also saw it in Doc Joe's NYCC coverage. Afraid I've seen much better looking 4.0s and 4.5s with final sales prices lower than his.

Not easy is it? Even though it was a joke you didn't get what Peter wanted that's one of the other reasons the deals fall apart not getting what the client expects or wants.

Thanks Andrew. It has been listed on ComicLink for a while now. Also saw it in Doc Joe's NYCC coverage. Afraid I've seen much better looking 4.0s and 4.5s with final sales prices lower than his.

Not easy is it? Even though it was a joke you didn't get what Peter wanted that's one of the other reasons the deals fall apart not getting what the client expects or wants.

It really wasn't a joke. As I was doing my own shopping, I specifically kept an eye out for one of the books I know Peter was looking for between 10/8 through 10/11. I posted it in my own thread the day I saw it but did not know if he had seen it.

I provide that service for free to a few boardies as a few different boardies have kept their eyes peeled for something they know I am looking for. I pay it forward that way as someone has paid it forward for me.

There are a couple of boardies here that have kept an eye out for me and even a comic dealer who keeps an eye out if they see something that they know I am looking for regardless of whether or not they have it.

In fact I have to make mention that someone even made me an offer for a book I listed on eBay. I wrote to them they I could not meet the price that they wanted but pointed them in the direction to the same book from someone else that was cheaper.

Gabriel, I pretty much give you a free pass on most everything. Please do not EVER pretend to know my motives, agenda, or really most anything else about me.

It really wasn't a joke. As I was doing my own shopping, I specifically kept an eye out for one of the books I know Peter was looking for between 10/8 through 10/11. I posted it in my own thread the day I saw it but did not know if he had seen it.

I provide that service for free to a few boardies as a few different boardies have kept their eyes peeled for something they know I am looking for. I pay it forward that way as someone has paid it forward for me.

There are a couple of boardies here that have kept an eye out for me and even a comic dealer who keeps an eye out if they see something that they know I am looking for regardless of whether or not they have it.

In fact I have to make mention that someone even made me an offer for a book I listed on eBay. I wrote to them they I could not meet the price that they wanted but pointed them in the direction to the same book for someone else that was cheaper.

Gabriel, I pretty much give you a free pass on most everything. Please do not EVER pretend to know my motives, agenda, or really most anything else about me.

Ok but from what's been happening on this thread mostly I thought you were mocking me by looking for a comic for someone else and posting it here if that wasn't the intention I apologize but it did look like that in my eyes had you not told me otherwise.

In fact I have to make mention that someone even made me an offer for a book I listed on eBay. I wrote to them they I could not meet the price that they wanted but pointed them in the direction to the same book for someone else that was cheaper.

Ok but from what's been happening on this thread mostly I thought you were mocking me by looking for a comic for someone else and posting it here if that wasn't the intention I apologize but it did look like that in my eyes had you not told me otherwise.

Do you have the faintest clue where you are or who you are talking to?

Honestly I am really struggling with the fact that you continue to post...

you read it VERY wrong I'm afraid.