• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idris Elba IS Snake Plissken in 'Escape from NY' reboot

14 posts in this topic

Okay, not really, but are you telling me Fox just happens to hire the creator of Luther and they won't try

to get Elba to star? hm

‘Luther’ Creator Neil Cross to Pen ‘Escape From New York’ Remake

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/12/luther-creator-neil-cross-to-pen-escape-from-new-york-remake/

No one can be as good as Kurt Russell.

I'm probably in the minority of actually liking Escape from L.A. !!

The only thing I remember is the surfing :eek: I seem to recall it was more like a campy spoof of the first film. But it's been a loooong time. I might just have to revisit that!

The only thing I remember is the surfing :eek: I seem to recall it was more like a campy spoof of the first film. But it's been a loooong time. I might just have to revisit that!

Pretty much sums it up.

I just like Kurt Russell in the role that I'm happy to watch any rubbish if he's playing Snake Plissken lol

Such a good character actor.

The Thing

Escape from New York

Big Trouble in Little China

Ahhh the 80s

Pretty much sums it up.

I just like Kurt Russell in the role that I'm happy to watch any rubbish if he's playing Snake Plissken lol

The Thing

Escape from New York

Ahhh the 80s

I have both Snake Plissken movies on DVD. Escape From L.A. definitely didn't have the punch that Escape From NY did. But I can't help but enjoy Kurt Russell's acting.

:whee:

I even have 'Soldier' which did horrible at the box office. But to me, Kurt Russell made it shine. It is supposed to be a parallel production to 'Blade Runner' as the -script writer worked on both.

Pretty much sums it up.

The Thing

Escape from New York

Ahhh the 80s

I have both Snake Plissken movies on DVD. Escape From L.A. definitely didn't have the punch that Escape From NY did. But I can't help but enjoy Kurt Russell's acting.

:whee:

I even have 'Soldier' which did horrible at the box office. But to me, Kurt Russell made it shine. It is supposed to be a parallel production to 'Blade Runner' as the -script writer worked on both.

LA's Cliff Robertson and Stacy Keach ruined the sequel for me. Way too overacted to the point of camp. They should have did more with A.J. "People Under The Stairs" Langer's Patty Hearst role, instead giving a somewhat female lead to Golino. Langer's character arc was blunted by practically forgetting she was in the movie at times for any kind of pay-off. I still have never bought it, but I'll watch it when it's on. Russell is always solid. Still haven't cracked Furious 7 open yet.

That was so absurd, there was no way that was ever gonna work (Batskates in Batman & Robin for example).

I still haven't bothered to watch the Robocop cash grab. Can't imagine myself watching this.
You are better off not seeing what they did to ''Robocop''. :facepalm:
A solid sequel with a lot of heart, dispite the character missing one. Lacks the cynical parodies of coporate america of the original, but holds on to the the man vs. machine nature of Robo. Three out of four stars.

I still haven't bothered to watch the Robocop cash grab. Can't imagine myself watching this.
A solid sequel with a lot of heart, dispite the character missing one. Lacks the cynical parodies of coporate america of the original, but holds on to the the man vs. machine nature of Robo. Three out of four stars.
Robocop 2 was the SEQUEL, this was a REMAKE. :sumo:

Oh, I was thinking of something else when I was typing. I'm guessing you didn't like the Total Recall remake either? :popcorn:

Oh, I was thinking of something else when I was typing. I'm guessing you didn't like the Total Recall remake either? :popcorn:
Haven't seen it. Don't care to. :sumo:

Haven't seen it. Don't care to. :sumo:
Watchable junk. Great action, but once it's over you'll forget about it right after. Two and a half stars.