• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

16 posts in this topic

RULES No HOS'ers or Probies, POS's :rulez:

"I'll Take It" sign (or text) posted in the thread wins over PM's.

Accept payment via PayPal, Personal Check or Money Order.

Price listed is shipped to anywhere in the continental USA.

Elsewhere, buyer pays the tow (I'll chip in $15 for postage)

BB28inmylarJS_zpsrf1ll25h.jpg

Giving the boardies here another crack at a book I recently sold but the buyer returned. I happen to think this is a great deal,

but as I am not in a buying mode and this book is consigned and has be sold - I'm offering it here one more time.

Please PM me with any questions or comments.

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28 ORIGIN & 1ST APPEARANCE OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA!

GRADE: 1.5 (FAIR/GOOD) CR/OW Pages, tape on spine, centerfold detached at bottom, attached at top staple.

$1300 SHIPPED TO CONUS - A LITTLE MORE ELSEWHERE.

BB28cover_zpsgmhsorix.jpg

BB28backcover_zpsztuyqrma.jpg

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28 JLA ORIGIN ISSUE!

ORIGIN & 1ST APPEARANCE of THE JUSTICE LEAGUE of AMERICA!

STARRING: AQUAMAN, FLASH, GREEN LANTERN, The MARTIAN MANHUNTER and WONDER WOMAN!

A MEGA-DC KEY that can only go one way in value - up, up up! With the prices for higher grates in the stratosphere,

here's an affordable copy of a super-key book that you can actually hold in your hands and read without falling apart!

Except for looseness around the bottom staple on the centerfold that's pulled through, all the other pages are firmly attached.

The cellophane tape runs up the entire spine of the the front & back covers but the covers appear to be attached with paper.

I can't state unequivocally the covers are attached to the book and not held by the tape but either conditions falls well within the allowable flaws for the assigned grade.

Besides the roughness around the spines, the covers have bright colors and are not badly worn, soiled or water-stained like many books found in these lower grades.

There's evidence the book was folded at one time, perhaps it was a subscription copy, there's a crease line, but the book lays flat, the fold is really not glaringly obvious,

even in person (and especially inside a mylar) only until you turn the cover to the first page do you notice there was once a fold there.

I've paged through this book several times, and nothing came loose or felt brittle or ready to fall apart. There are a few small tears on the inside pages, the largest of which was about an inch (about pages 13 to14) and also a few tiny tears on the center pages (21 - 25) where thumbs go when a kid reads a comic.

It's a great experience to see the origin of the Justice League unfold in the pages of this comic and I recommend the buyer carefully read it before putting it away in a mylar, or maybe even a CGC slab. It's well-worth the time and effort to read it before you seal it away.

I estimate that this book would likely grade a minimum 1.5 with CR/OW pages if not a 1.8 on a good day. This is also the opinion of the original owner and a few others who have seen and held the book and who's opinions I respect. But grading is a subjective thing, and the book only visible here on-line, but I provided extensive photos of the comic books cover and interior pages. The staple pull at the bottom of the centerfold can be seen in several photos of the pages prior & after the center spread.

I also photographed the inside front and back covers and splashes so you can see the condition of the inside covers and the structure of the book.

Definitely a beautiful lower grade copy. For those of you in the market for brave and the bold, Boba is the man and is as solid as they come. GLWTS bro!

Thank you (worship)

I tried to price this to what I thought was right, 1.5's are pushing $1500+ in GPA and 1.0's are at $1300+ already,

and the examples currently being offered (in this grade) have heavy cover wear or are missing pieces. :eek:

This book at least is complete and the pages are nice and supple. It'd also look nice in a CGC Blue graded 1.5 hm

Definitely a beautiful lower grade copy. For those of you in the market for brave and the bold, Boba is the man and is as solid as they come. GLWTS bro!

Thank you (worship)

I tried to price this to what I thought was right, 1.5's are pushing $1500+ in GPA and 1.0's are at $1300+ already,

and the examples currently being offered (in this grade) have heavy cover wear or are missing pieces. :eek:

This book at least is complete and the pages are nice and supple. It'd also look nice in a CGC Blue graded 1.5 hm

Don't feel like you need to justify your price around here ( lol ) - it is a great low grade copy (with the right eye appeal) of a hot book!

GLWTS!!!

Hi - a few folks asked why the book was returned. You can ask Brock yourselves but this is what he said about the book and why he returned: "the book b/c the cover is fully detached and is reattached with tape. I believe the description said the cover was attached"

Now I don't disagree with him, but I also can't say that he is right, as I can't tell if the staples are what's holding the cover to the book. But my feeling is this book is clearly repaired with tape, which might have a role in keeping the cover attached to the book, but this falls within the grade I am estimating the book to be, I believe. But it is what it is, and I didn't mean to stigmatize the book by mentioning it was returned, but I think it was the right thing to do especially since quite a few folks probably saw the book when it was first posted for sale, I didn't want it to appear I was hiding anything.

Bottom line, everyone is welcome to their opinion and if they don't want a particular flaw on a book they have a right to avoid it. But I think I've gone over and above the call to disclose everything I could - and the photos of each and every page was not without a little effort on my part and I hope it helps to dispel any doubts this is just a well-loved copy of a major key book.

Bob

Thank you (worship)

Don't feel like you need to justify your price around here ( lol ) - it is a great low grade copy (with the right eye appeal) of a hot book!

GLWTS!!!

Thanks! :foryou: