• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX
1 1

289 posts in this topic

The new season of FX and Marvel Television's mind-bending mutant series Legion is set to premiere in just a couple weeks, but fans still don't know much about the show's return.

But now Noah Hawley is opening up about classic X-Men foe the Shadow King's impact on Legion Season 2, teasing how Amal Farouk has used characters like Lenny Busker and Oliver Bird in order to achieve his goals and manipulate David Haller.

"Lenny and Oliver are being used by this character, Amahl Farouk," Hawley told EW. "He wears their faces from time to time. It’s his way of hiding himself. I had this thought of, 'What does Freddy Krueger do during the day?' I thought it was interesting, the idea of the downtime of these characters. They’re not being used and so what is reality like for them?"

The characters will have a new "reality," which was teased in the season finale when they hop in a car and drive somewhere warm.

"They’re being placated, that they’re in some place beautiful that may not actually be a physical space, it may be a mental space, like an astral plane," Hawley said. "They have everything they need, they’re by the pool, it’s beautiful, but at a certain point, there’s part of them that realizes that they’re just trapped in this reality they don’t have any control over."

Alright, just got done watching.  I'll go by increments of the commercials...

1st commercial - WTF

2nd commercial - getting annoyed but I'm going to give this show a chance

3rd commercial - Ok, now it's starting to make some sense...they're in a race against the Shadow King

Remaining episode - WTF...why didn't she spell everything out instead of playing pictionary(shrug)

It felt like a David Lynch movielol.

7 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Alright, just got done watching.  I'll go by increments of the commercials...

1st commercial - WTF

2nd commercial - getting annoyed but I'm going to give this show a chance

3rd commercial - Ok, now it's starting to make some sense...they're in a race against the Shadow King

Remaining episode - WTF...why didn't she spell everything out instead of playing pictionary(shrug)

I think it is going to come down to the mind games the Shadow King plays. So when taking him on, even the good guys have to do things in riddles and twists to avoid falling into his traps.

And since David was under his control for a long time, they never can't be sure he is 100% rid of the Shadow King or not. Which makes for the trippy communications.

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/3/2018 at 11:24 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The first season mostly felt that way to me as well, but much more comprehensible than almost any Lynch work after Wild at Heart.

I may not be able to keep up with that style though.  I'm not enjoying all the astral plane stuff aside from Jemaine Clement, who I'm glad to see being used more so far.  I LOVE the visual aesthetic, and that's what's mostly keeping me going.

Edited by fantastic_four

Better episode than the first one.  It's REALLY nice to finally have a face for Farouk that's not a morbidly obese guy who looks like he should be Mojo but isn't really Mojo.  He was fat in Uncanny X-Men 117, but not exaggerately fat with a chin and neck no human can have without being at least half a ton.

It's still the visuals carrying me through.  This isn't the kind of show you can stare at your phone for 10 to 20 minutes with like Walking Dead where over half the show is conversation...if you aren't looking at the visuals the entire time, you're missing most of what goes into the show.

UX117-02.jpg

legion-chapter-10-758x424.png

Edited by fantastic_four

Wow this show's ratings went from being in the toilet to being in the sewer with the C.H.U.D.'s.  A big week over week drop (after an already remarkably weak Season 2 premiere) to a dismal 0.21 probably even has Fox executives wondering why, exactly, this pretentious, empty headed, vapid drivel was renewed.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Wow this show's ratings went from being in the toilet to being in the sewer with the C.H.U.D.'s.  A big week over week drop (after an already remarkably weak Season 2 premiere) to a dismal 0.21 probably even has Fox executives wondering why, exactly, this pretentious, empty headed, vapid drivel was renewed.  

-J.

Please show us on the doll where LEGION or Noah Hawley touched you.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, fantastic_four said:

I LOVE the visual aesthetic, and that's what's mostly keeping me going.

Right? This show feels like someone went into my brain and found all the hot spots. Everything about the aesthetic of this show is fully in the red for me, Set design, lighting, casting, title and credit sequences... even font selection. I avoid TV superhero shows because they're all cheesy looking and have horrible design choices. I only fell into this one because I was a big fan of Fargo.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

What do the Inhumans ratings currently look like?

2 minutes ago, stock_rotation said:

Right? This show feels like someone went into my brain and found all the hot spots. Everything about the aesthetic of this show is fully in the red for me, Set design, lighting, casting, title and credit sequences... even font selection. I avoid TV superhero shows because they're all cheesy looking and have horrible design choices. I only fell into this one because I was a big fan of Fargo.

Maybe this show would be better (and get better ratings) if it took place in North Dakota.  :baiting:

-J.

Last night's episode was a definite mind-twister. But that's part of the attraction with this show. Nothing is straightforward.

That hallway fight scene was definitely unique, taking out the guards while singing 'Swinging On A Star'.