• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FindMyComic.Net. A New Comic Book Search Engine
4 4

118 posts in this topic

A small update:

It looks like I'll stick to what I have now as far as searching goes. It'd be far too expensive to make it do more.

I did, however, add three more comic book sites to the list:

Worldwide Comics

DTA Collectibles

and The Comic Pull

If you have a site that would be a good addition, lemme know.

Jerome

What I would like to see is a universal search that display the book price.

I have a Roku device at home and it has this universal search feature that display prices of the sites that the movie is available on. please click on the link below.

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2012/10/29/roku-search/

Will this be possible for comics?

Edited by vane

What I would like to see is a universal search that display the book price.

I have a Roku device at home and it has this universal search feature that display prices of the sites that the movie is available on. please click on the link below.

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2012/10/29/roku-search/

Will this be possible for comics?

Not with how I have things set up currently, sadly.

good question...

I'd also be interested to see a site filter CGC grades

i.e. Amazing Spider-Man 1 CGC 2.5

vs. getting a whole bunch of raw books or books priced too high/low

I've thought about adding a checkbox to filter CGC books. The way other websites searching works, I can't say for sure that they have cgc books for sale and how it would handle including a tag for 'cgc'.

But I can certainly add a CGC box and see how things work. I'd just throw the 'cgc' tag on at the end of whatever issue number you filled in.

So, if you filled in Batman for the name, then 608 for the issue number and you check the CGC box, the end search result will be 'Batman 608 CGC' that gets submitted to the websites.

I'll make a note here when/if I can make that happen.

I did also add MySlabbedComics.com to the website too since they have a For Sale section (thumbs u

Jerome

The auto-populating string likely won't happen. But I am working on the CGC checkbox along with a dropdown menu to select a grade level, both being optional. If you don't check the CGC box then it will search for raw books.

It's not even close to being finished but here's what it will look like:

http://www.findmycomic.net/my-index.php <--I'm still playing around with this page so don't be surprised it it drops from time to time.

Jerome

It's a nice resource, that's for sure. I'm sure a lot of people will find new retailers just by trying to find a book!

Thanks man! I hope it helps people find books to fill their collection :)

RE: http://www.findmycomic.net/my-index.php I've got the logic in place with the CGC checkbox and grade. I have the first Ebay link configured to do this. The other links aren't ready yet and I have to fill in all the grades in the drop down. But those are just a matter of putting in the time. It should be done in the next day or so.

EDIT: Four Color Comics searching isn't working right with filtering their grade. But that does bring something up, not all the websites I have listed here may have an option to filter/search for just CGC graded books so the results may be the same for a given site even though you checked the CGC box and specified a grade. Just a heads up.

Oh, and before it gets asked, no I won't make a checkbox for other 3rd party grading companies, I'm a CGC guy, that and I don't want the thread to get pulled either.

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Okay I've finished implementing the updates. You can now:

1) Leave the CGC Box empty and Grade set to 'Any' (blank essentially) to search for raw books

or

2) Check the CGC Box and select your Grade to search for slabs

(thumbs u

Just note, not all sites sell slabs so the results may be the same as raw searches.

As always, if you find an error shoot me a PM as I don't check this thread too regularly.

Enjoy and good luck finding your books!

http://www.findmycomic.net

Jerome

I sat down and figured out how to open all the links at once. It will take some time, but I'll have a button to open all the links in new tabs in the next couple days (as time permits).

Just a note. You will need to allow pop-ups for the domain findmycomic.net. When you click on the 'Open All Links' button and click OK to the warning prompt (that you can cancel out of) look for the pop-up being blocked in the upper-right.

I'll update when the change is completed.

Jerome

This site looks good ... So far I had tested with a few books and numbers to see what it is like in finding the right book to get. Hmm, I could see some possibles in there. Thanks for your hard work in setting it up!

Great idea and site! Quick note on your Amazon results, you should probably change the search department from Books to All Departments as many if not most comics appear to be listed in the Collectibles and Fine Arts department.

To be honest, I wasn't sure which category to use for Amazon. I'll try that category and see if it yields better results.

EDIT: Yep, you are right, I'm getting much better results here. Thank you!

This site looks good ... So far I had tested with a few books and numbers to see what it is like in finding the right book to get. Hmm, I could see some possibles in there. Thanks for your hard work in setting it up!

Thanks man! I hope you find it useful. It's by no means a cure-all, but still better than nothing lol

Update: I've completed the work on the Open All Links button. In case you were wondering, it will only open the searchable links above the button (none of the manually searchable ones below the button). Unless a bunch of you would like that to be added, I'll leave them out.

I may try and contact a few of those websites that don't offer a quick, easy way to inject a search via a URL and see if they have any suggestions.

Otherwise, the button is in place to make your searching go much faster and with little/no extra work (thumbs u

I also added a little help link at the bottom of the page. There are links there to help you enable/manage pop ups for the most popular browsers; Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari and Opera.

Happy hunting! :wishluck:

http://www.findmycomic.net

Jerome

it's a wonderful site and a valued resource. I've used it multiple times.

one suggestion (not sure it can even be done), but, is there a way to have the tool/search engine highlight only the sites that actually have the book.

right now, it highlights them all...many of which don't have the book in stock/available.