• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For what it's worth a new Star Trek series is now in development

84 posts in this topic

SgnGc9k.png

Brian Fuller will Showrun New Star Trek TV Series

Bryan Fuller's next gig will be a return to the Star Trek franchise that kickstarted his writing career. He wrote for Deep Space Nine and Voyager and will now return to be the showrunner on the new series for CBS.

Fuller is joined by Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin as executive producers for CBS Television Studios on Star Trek, which will air on CBS's proprietary digital service, CBS All Access, after airing only the pilot on TV. It's the first series they've developed exclusively for the service.

Love a lot of Bryan Fuller's work so this is good news.

I would have liked to see a continuation of DS9.

Only, I'm in the minority.

Nah. IMHO BY FAR the best Trek series and one of my favorites ever minus a really terrible ending.

Original series and Voyager are unwatchable to me, I like Next Gen well enough, and while I first disliked Enterprise (still has a terrible theme song), it gets better later, minus another bad ending. It's never great but worth sticking to.

SgnGc9k.png

Brian Fuller will Showrun New Star Trek TV Series

Bryan Fuller's next gig will be a return to the Star Trek franchise that kickstarted his writing career. He wrote for Deep Space Nine and Voyager and will now return to be the showrunner on the new series for CBS.

Fuller is joined by Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin as executive producers for CBS Television Studios on Star Trek, which will air on CBS's proprietary digital service, CBS All Access, after airing only the pilot on TV. It's the first series they've developed exclusively for the service.

Uggh. They want us to pay to watch these episodes. No thanks!

Edited by rjrjr

Star Trek TV Series Teaser Poster Spotted Online

Empire spotted this teaser poster for next year’s Star Trek television series. Set to premiere on CBS in January, the series will move to the network’s All Access app as a streaming exclusive following the debut episode.

Star Trek returns to television (and makes its streaming debut) in January of 2017.

Trekposter-600x455.jpg

Star Trek TV Series Teaser Poster Spotted Online

Empire spotted this teaser poster for next year’s Star Trek television series. Set to premiere on CBS in January, the series will move to the network’s All Access app as a streaming exclusive following the debut episode.

Star Trek returns to television (and makes its streaming debut) in January of 2017.

Trekposter-600x455.jpg

I hope there are plenty of Vulcans,Romulans and Klingons in this.

Also lots of Borg!

:cloud9:

New Star Trek TV Series Reportedly Takes Place Before The Next Generation

The series, according to unnamed sources, will be set in the original continuity of the other TV shows, not the continuity of the new films, as rebooted by JJ Abrams. It's also said that the show will take place between the Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation time-frames (or more specifically, post- Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, the last of the stand-alone films featuring the original series cast.

Another source said the show will be an anthology, with virtually any time-frame in the Star Trek world being open in future seasons. Setting it in the original TV continuity, still, makes sense, as it frees up both versions of the franchise.

CBS's New Star Trek TV Series Will Film in Toronto This Fall

The new Star Trek series, being prepared for the CBS All-Access streaming service, will film in Toronto, Ontario, CA, it was announced Friday. The series is due to start shooting Fall 2016, as studio space was booked by CBS starting in September.

The series, announced last November, is rumored to take place between the Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation eras, and will be in continuity with those television shows, not the newer continuity of the modern Paramount films. It's also reported that CBS has to put "at least six months" between the debut of the new TV series and the release of the next film, Star Trek Beyond, which hits theaters this July. They previously announced a target release of January 2017, which falls right into that six-month window.

:whee:

New Star Trek TV Series Reportedly Takes Place Before The Next Generation

The series, according to unnamed sources, will be set in the original continuity of the other TV shows, not the continuity of the new films, as rebooted by JJ Abrams. It's also said that the show will take place between the Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation time-frames (or more specifically, post- Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, the last of the stand-alone films featuring the original series cast.

Another source said the show will be an anthology, with virtually any time-frame in the Star Trek world being open in future seasons. Setting it in the original TV continuity, still, makes sense, as it frees up both versions of the franchise.

I really hope they focus on alien races this time like Romulans,Klingons and Vulcans.

I hope it`s not going to be another diverse earth crew driving around the galaxy in a spaceship.

I loved TOS and Next Generation,but I want a different take on the Star Trek Universe this time,and not a rehash of what I saw before like Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise.

Is this online only?

It says premiering on CBS and cbs Access so it seems like its both!

Last I heard, the premiere was going to be on CBS, but the rest of the episodes would be on CBS Access, requiring viewers to pay a monthly fee to view them along with other programming.

Is this online only?

It says premiering on CBS and cbs Access so it seems like its both!

Last I heard, the premiere was going to be on CBS, but the rest of the episodes would be on CBS Access, requiring viewers to pay a monthly fee to view them along with other programming.

Just found out its Filming in my hometown of Toronto. :headbang:

Plus the CBS all Access is USA.

In Canada and rest of world it might be airing on regular broadcast TV :banana:

CBS Star Trek Revival Adds Next Generation Writer

Star Trek is doing its best to update the franchise for the modern era. With Star Trek Beyond in theaters soon and a new series on the way, Paramount and CBS are certainly making an effort to keep the long-running series in the public eye. The CBS All Access show already has an all-star run of producers, including showrunner Bryan Fuller (American Gods), Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek), and Rod Roddenberry to fine-tune the show and keep it cruising at maximum warp. The upcoming Trek serial also added producer and scripter Nicholas Meyer (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan) to help the new series return to its glory days.

Trek Movie reports (via CBR) that the currently untitled Trek series recently hired Star Trek: The Next Generation scripter extraordinaire Joe Menosky. In addition to Menosky, the new franchise also put writer Aron Coleite on staff – whose genre credits include NBC’s Heroes and Ultimate X-Men. As a staff writer for the (relatively) stationary Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – as well as the series which successfully re-televised the franchise, The Next Generation – Menosky certainly knows his Trek.

In preparation for it’s christening early next year, Fuller already brought some top notch talent on board before shooting begins this fall. In addition to Meyer and Kurtzman’s savvy with a -script (and camera), Fuller recently recruited Star Trek: Voyager novelist Kirsten Beyer to write for the show. Menosky is of particular interest, due to his Trek pedigree. The long time scribe wrote the teleplays for classic episodes like “Darmok” and the two-part Mark Twain classic “Time’s Arrow,” among others.

Please be as rock-solid as it is sounding.

:wishluck::wishluck:

BRYAN FULLER SHARES A FEW NEW DETAILS ON CBS' STAR TREK SERIES

Collider spoke with Fuller on the red carpet for the Saturn Awards recently and managed to get a new new details about the upcoming series out of him.

On how excited he is to be given the keys to the "Lamborghini":

"It’s interesting you say “Lamborghini” because we’re looking at a lot of race cars as inspiration for our starships. It’s wonderful. It’s surreal. I didn’t want to be a writer. I wanted to be a Star Trek writer, so to be able to craft a new iteration of the show with new characters and a whole new adventure and whole new way of telling stories that you haven’t been able to tell on Star Trek is honorable and it’s a dream come true. It’s hard to articulate that."

On when he can start revealing specifics about the new series:

"I imagine around Comic-Con. It’s interesting because normally I love talking about everything, and I’m sort of relieved I’ve been muzzled by CBS on it because I do less interviews, so I can spend more time writing, but I love talking about Star Trek and I love being involved in it, so I’ll be very excited to share when the muzzle comes off of me."

On where they're at with casting:

"I’ve met with a few actors, and it’s an interesting process. There’s a few people that we like and we want to carry on what Star Trek does best, which is being progressive. So it’s fascinating to look at all of these roles through a colorblind prism and a gender-blind prism, so that’s exciting."