• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,430 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, mlansdown said:

I recently purchased a higher grade and early Uncle Scrooge collection, and I upgraded one of my favorite covers of the run:

image.png.3fa1153a266c56b426615400aa52d2d7.png

Is it so wrong that everything I know and love about capitalism I learned from Uncle Scrooge?

I purchased all of my early Scrooge copies in the wild as a kid; mostly for pocket change. But they show the scars of lots of reading as they we some of the best books! I've never upgraded them although I have few that survived better than others and wisely purchased a #1 in fantastic shape when I got a job. That one is a beauty!!

Speaking of Richie Rich: anyone else blown away by the price realized for a 9.0 Donald Duck #26? $1800! 

Heritage Auction Link

Its not a one off either. Another one went for $1680 last September at Heritage. Wow. I was hoping to pick up another nice DD #26, I have a problem, I admit it, but I do not think I would pay that much to own a 4th copy.hm

9 hours ago, Badger said:

Speaking of Richie Rich: anyone else blown away by the price realized for a 9.0 Donald Duck #26? $1800! 

Heritage Auction Link

Its not a one off either. Another one went for $1680 last September at Heritage. Wow. I was hoping to pick up another nice DD #26, I have a problem, I admit it, but I do not think I would pay that much to own a 4th copy.hm

A lot of Disney books hit very high prices last night. I hope people aren’t catching on...🤭

5 hours ago, dikran1 said:

A lot of Disney books hit very high prices last night. I hope people aren’t catching on...🤭

This trend has been going on for awhile. About three or four years ago I think the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend I picked up 4-5 really nice WDCS in the 60-70 range for about $30 each on Heritage. It's the last time that happened and lately it seems like WDCS has been on fire particularly the early higher graded copies. But DD#26 for $1800?? I was amazed too!! My copy is looking a lot sweeter this morning!

On 6/9/2020 at 3:16 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

This trend has been going on for awhile. About three or four years ago I think the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend I picked up 4-5 really nice WDCS in the 60-70 range for about $30 each on Heritage. It's the last time that happened and lately it seems like WDCS has been on fire particularly the early higher graded copies. But DD#26 for $1800?? I was amazed too!! My copy is looking a lot sweeter this morning!

That's when I bought most of my almost complete 1-100 run. I'm glad I don't have to do it today, though in my case the exchange rate has also added 40% for me before any price movement in the US market.

3 hours ago, AJD said:

That's when I bought most of my almost complete 1-100 run. I'm glad I don't have to do it today, though in my case the exchange rate has also added 40% for me before any price movement in the US market.

We got the same problem up in Canada 😤