• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

I'm only live in NH, but I noticed it was really busy in stores and the roads today (most likely for the weekend.) Actually, I thought it was like a Christmas rush for some reason. I was only in the Manchester-Nashua section too. I'm thinking with a lot of the schools on break here and if there are lackluster totals for JL's opening weekend, they might balance out when moviegoers catch up. Let's see what the total is after Thanksgiving weekend. (thumbsu 

I'm a Disney guy, but I have to admit rather watch JL than Coco, even if there is a Frozen-short attached to it. How's that for positivity. ;) 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I'm only live in NH, but I noticed it was really busy in stores and the roads today (most likely for the weekend.) Actually, I thought it was like a Christmas rush for some reason. I was only in the Manchester-Nashua section too. I'm thinking with a lot of the schools on break here and if there are lackluster totals for JL's opening weekend, they might balance out when moviegoers catch up. Let's see what the total is after Thanksgiving weekend. (thumbsu 

I'm a Disney guy, but I have to admit rather watch JL than Coco, even if there is a Frozen-short attached to it. How's that for positivity. ;) 

Pheasant Lane Mall? 

33 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Umm...experience.

$93 million presumes roughly 20% drops from Friday to Saturday (including Thursday night previews), and again from Saturday to Sunday.

Even that might be generous.

• BvS dropped 38% then 33%
  • Suicide Squad dropped 40%, then 22%
  • By comparison, Wonder Woman dropped just 8%, then `16%.
  • The Dark Knight dropped just 29%, then 8.5%.

If it plays like Wonder Woman, Justice League banks $105 million for the weekend.

If it plays like Suicide Squad, it banks just over $80 million for the weekend.

Hedge your bets and take the average between the two, and you come out to $93 million.

I don't think it be that low,but if it is than we got to think the Punisher on Netflix may have had an affect?

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Yup, Spit Brook Road was clogged. Regal was fairly empty by glance on the way to South Willow. I'm telling you, NH was bustling! lol 

That's a good mall. I usually go to the movie theatre down the street from that mall about once a month.  

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

22 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

That's a good mall. I usually go to the movie theatre down the street from that mall about once a month.  

Yup, I know exactly the one you are talking about. The Pheasant Lane Mall is a class act, compared to the Rockingham, Steeplegate and Mall of NH (which are all but dead.) (thumbsu 

I usually go to the Hooksett IMAX or the Regal there. A lot closer to home. I'm thinking two Sundays from now of JL, if it maintains enough positive buzz. :) 

Now Deadline has jumped the weekend estimate to $96M+.

‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened

Justice League‘s Friday, coming off a solid $13 million Thursday, is landing at the high end of its midday estimate with $38.8M, however, Warner Bros./DC’s superhero ensemble is falling well short of $100M with an industry estimate of $96M over three-days, quite far from tracking’s $110M-$120M projection.

I hear from credible financial sources who have sharp knowledge of Justice League‘s budget that if the film clears $700M-$750M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much. One source close to the film contends that global P&A is $100M, but that’s ridiculous: Warner Bros. was introducing new characters on screen here in Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash, plus BvS and Suicide Squad had global P&A spends in the $150M range.So combined global P&A and production cost is at an estimated $450M. Overseas box office including China is currently at $70.7M through Friday in 65 territories. Warner Bros. gets more from ancillary markets than other studios and Justice League talent doesn’t cut in until profit.

Also, realize that the Gal Gadot quotient could be slow to show up to Justice League. Older women were there for Wonder Woman during opening weekend, with PostTrak showing females 25+ (37%), followed by guys over 25 (34%), females under 25 (17%), and men under 25 (12%). However, the share of women grew over time for Wonder Woman. Gadot’s Wonder Woman does have her moments in the movie. For Justice League Thursday night, PostTrak showed men over 25 in bulk (41%), men under 25 (25%), females over 25 (21%) and females under 25 (14%).

48 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

After seeing, where would you put this compared to the recent run of DC films? Above, even or below BvS UC?

I really liked BVS. I thought seeing Batman taking out Superman aka the Boy Scout was everything I’ve wanted to see. The solo Batman scene like I’ve mention before is epic. I also like the introduction of Wonder Woman however this movie is  more accessible, the flash was great, however I may have to just like BVS just because it was different than any other super hero movie I’ve seen. It was made with with a specific style vision that didn’t have to play to all the audiences (which I know is why people didn’t like it), to me it’s the anti-Marvel movie 

BVS B+

MOS B

WW B

JL B

SS C-

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I'm  out and about today and I was just telling my wife that it feels like Black Friday today.   The stores are all packed it's weird considering next week are the deals.

Edited by DiamondCityComics

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I really liked BVS. I thought seeing Batman taking out Superman aka the Boy Scout was everything I’ve wanted to see. The solo Batman scene like I’ve mention before is epic. I also like the introduction of Wonder Woman however this movie is  more accessible, the flash was great, however I may have to just like BVS just because it was different than any other super hero movie I’ve seen. It was made with with a specific style vision that didn’t have to play to all the audiences (which I know is why people didn’t like it), to me it’s the anti-Marvel movie 

BVS B+

MOS B

WW B

JL B

SS C-

That to me is a really fair ranking. I could see it.

Though there is something about Man of Steel that seems to leave me feeling good about this movie. And finally seeing Superman contested by equally strong characters.

4 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

I'm  out and about today and I was just telling my wife that it feels like Black Friday today.   The stores are all packed it's weird considering next week are the deals.

Yeah, it was crazy. I expected Wednesday to be nuts, but not the Saturday before. Couldn't find a lot of parking spots anywhere. Even at grocery stores. It was like a Nor'Easter is coming. lol 

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Yup, I know exactly the one you are talking about. The Pheasant Lane Mall is a class act, compared to the Rockingham, Steeplegate and Mall of NH (which are all but dead.) (thumbsu 

I usually go to the Hooksett IMAX or the Regal there. A lot closer to home. I'm thinking two Sundays from now of JL, if it maintains enough positive buzz. :) 

In the 80s when I was younger teen I worked and hung out there. Could say I was a mall rat for a few years.  lol

Rockingham only been there a few times when I use to go to horse races my dad took me to which I think they don't have any more. When I did go to Rockingham I do remember the parking was awful.

33 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

96 is a lot better than 80. I think this will have legs and continue to pile up wins until Star Wars.

It wouldn't surprise me JLA wins the Thanksgiving weekend.

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Yeah, it was crazy. I expected Wednesday to be nuts, but not the Saturday before. Couldn't find a lot of parking spots anywhere. Even at grocery stores. It was like a Nor'Easter is coming. lol 

I'm  at one of my least favorite places right now, Walmart.  Parking lot holds like 500 freaking cars and I'm circling around 3 times trying to find a decent spot.

17 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In the 80s when I was younger teen I worked and hung out there. Could say I was a mall rat for a few years.  lol

Rockingham only been there a few times when I use to go to horse races my dad took me to which I think they don't have any more. When I did go to Rockingham I do remember the parking was awful.

That I do remember as well. My grandfather spent a lot of time down there. :/