• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Red, you shouldn't even be concerned. I have probably 40-50 customers from these boards, and 800 or so other customers from other places. I am not going to alienate them to clear up some old score you have to settle. Get real.

And how would you alienate your other customers?.....by doing what? Posting the name of the person that won your contest? screwy.gif

I have spent too much time on this already. If the winner claims the book great. I will inform him that he would be doing me a great service by coming on here and saying hey look what I won.

If the winner doesn't claim the prize, which they have til the end of today then all prizes that have yet to be claimed, being the Hulk 181, ASM #121 and the $50 Gift Certificate, will be rolled into another contest starting soon.

Needless to say, this is all a smear campaign which makes me not want to offer contests anymore. I operate in honesty with these contests, and if you tally up what everyone has won of these board and elsewhere, this Hulk #181 doesn't even count for 10% of that total. I mean, [#@$%!!!], everymonth we offer $700+ in gift certificates, and this was an extra contest. So please, look at the bigger picture if you want to claim we are ill suited to do this.

Seriously, even if someone doesn't win it, its going to be up for grabs again. I can't sell the thing on eBay cause you all know what it looks like, and I wouldn't anyways. Someone will win this book. Either this month, or the next, or a grading contest. That is the bottom line.

Then I wouldn't put the comic into another "buy from my site" style contest. It does look as if you're using the comic to generate business with no intention of someone winning...

This is the what bothers me...

You have a contest with the comic the main prize. Yet it appears you are doing nothing to give it away other than put a number on your website. You also seem intent on not doing anything, no matter how small, to try and inform the winner. It's as if you don't want to give it away and are eagering awaiting the deadline so you can do it all over again. That attiitude reeks of scam...

Jim

I disagree. If you are going to use the boards to toot your horn about your big giveaway, and spam the boards with it, then in my book, you're obligated to prove you are actually going to give something away. And as you mentioned, with your past, unfortunate debut on the boards, you might just get off your high horse for a second and come to grips with the simple fact that it would do you some good around here.

How am I obligated? Is there a such rule with cgc? I didn't think so. Like I said it is totally up to the winners to decide to disclose that. I for one will not do it to make you happy. Our customers are very important to us and I will not give out any information on them. I do not care what else you have to say. It is just not going to happen. Period.

I will not waste another minute talking with you on this. Our business will go on and your comments will not matter

Jim, how is it a scam IF THE WINNER DOESN'T CHECK THE FREAKING SITE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It really couldn't be easier. The number for the Hulk ticket was the very first thing I saw when I loaded the homepage to make my order. If someone isn't checking the site, then they probably didn't buy "just because" of the Hulk #181 anyway.

EVERY major company in this country, from McDonalds, to Pepsi, etc., that runs giveaway promotions winds up with a very large portion of their potential giveaways being unclaimed. This is a fact. Not some of them, not most of them, ALL of them. If what Russell is doing is shady, then so is what EVERY company in the United States is doing when they run a giveaway promotion.

Get over it already, guys.

Jim, how is it a scam IF THE WINNER DOESN'T CHECK THE FREAKING SITE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Because you aren't doing anything to try to give the comic to the winner. You won't contact them. You won't post their name. You won't do anything at all. The winner put money in your pocket yet you aren't willing to give them the benefit of a doubt that maybe they can't get to your site to see if they won.

And your previous history of apparently shady practices is working against you here. It's in your best interests to look to be on the up and up, more than others since the accusations are still fresh. You don't look good in this case...

Jim

Jim,

Seems that most people think I am in the right, and yourself, Red and David have a problem with it. But, thing is none of you even have a stake in it.

Those were the rules of the contest, if you don't like the rules, then rip the tickets up I guess.

If they can't get to the site, they have their order from us, with our 800 number, and my email. They could find a way if it was important to them.

It really couldn't be easier. The number for the Hulk ticket was the very first thing I saw when I loaded the homepage to make my order. If someone isn't checking the site, then they probably didn't buy "just because" of the Hulk #181 anyway.

EVERY major company in this country, from McDonalds, to Pepsi, etc., that runs giveaway promotions winds up with a very large portion of their potential giveaways being unclaimed. This is a fact. Not some of them, not most of them, ALL of them. If what Russell is doing is shady, then so is what EVERY company in the United States is doing when they run a giveaway promotion.

Last time I checked McDonalds wasn't spamming the boards. And they also post the odds, right? And don't they also specify "No Purchase Necessary?" That makes all the difference. Poor analogy.

Because you aren't doing anything to try to give the comic to the winner. You won't contact them. You won't post their name. You won't do anything at all. The winner put money in your pocket yet you aren't willing to give them the benefit of a doubt that maybe they can't get to your site to see if they won.

And your previous history of apparently shady practices is working against you here. It's in your best interests to look to be on the up and up, more than others since the accusations are still fresh. You don't look good in this case...

Jim \

Jim-

You are beating a dead horse. Every person saw the rules of the contest. The rules have been that way since we started doing the contests. They knew the date the drawing was held. All the customers got a email with the Rules and also the rules were on the website. It is far from "shady" It is not that hard. If someone is too lazy to get their butt off the couch to check a number then I guess they don't want it that bad..

We do not have to offer these contests, but we do. There are simple guidelines to follow. That is that.

Just for the record, here are the rules that were posted for the 20 days of the contest, and have remained up. Seem's stupid to change them now doesn't it Jim? If I did that, why stop there, why not raise the price after you pay. Or charge your card for the shipping when I say its free?

Contest Rules: Contest is open to US Residential Customers. You will receive 1 ticket for every $50 in comic supplies you purchase. Or, you will receive 2 tickets for every $25 in comics you purchase. Order totals are figured after any sales or special discounts. Contest runs from Feb 8th and ends on Feb 28th at 1201am est. Winning tickets will be drawn on March 7th and results posted on our website. You must contact ComicSupply.com by March 10th to claim prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of prize(s).

Jim,

Seems that most people think I am in the right, and yourself, Red and David have a problem with it.

What utter distortion of the facts in this thread. You can't even get out of the way of your own spin without making it worse.

What facts Red? The way I see the facts thus far are

1. Someone who has the winning ticket for the hulk hasn't claimed it yet. They have until tonight to do so or they forfeit the prize.

That is really the only fact to the whole thing.

Just for the record, here are the rules that were posted for the 20 days of the contest, and have remained up. Seem's stupid to change them now doesn't it Jim? If I did that, why stop there, why not raise the price after you pay. Or charge your card for the shipping when I say its free?

Contest Rules: Contest is open to US Residential Customers. You will receive 1 ticket for every $50 in comic supplies you purchase. Or, you will receive 2 tickets for every $25 in comics you purchase. Order totals are figured after any sales or special discounts. Contest runs from Feb 8th and ends on Feb 28th at 1201am est. Winning tickets will be drawn on March 7th and results posted on our website. You must contact ComicSupply.com by March 10th to claim prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of prize(s).

So you HAVE to buy at least $50 bucks in supplies or $25 in comics to get into the contest. With no actual guarantee that the winner will connect with his prize? Don't you two blockheads realized how crumb this is? How slimey it looks? Your own stubborn arrogance on this is blinding you to the fact that this is NOT HELPING YOU!

Last time I checked McDonalds wasn't spamming the boards. And they also post the odds, right? And don't they also specify "No Purchase Necessary?" That makes all the difference. Poor analogy.

Why does it make all the difference? Your beef here isn't that Russell isn't following a specific state's rules on promotional contests (which is where the "No Purchase Necessary" and posting of the odds comes from). You're accusing him, without proof, of hosting a scam contest and demanding that he appease you by posting the winner's name despite the fact that (a) you aren't a customer and (b) other winners of items in the contest have already confirmed that they won.

And still.... flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif27_laughing.gif