• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell or trade a comic and regret it right away?
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Before Rocket Racoon was a thing, I'd bought a midgrade copy of his first appearance for $3 at a con.  I was buying magazines indiscriminately, so I didn't know it was a first appearance, I bought it for the Satana cover.  When the movie news first hit, my copy went from a $3 magazine to a $30 magazine.  My LCS had a customer asking for it, so I sold it.  It quickly turned into a $300 magazine.  Oops.

When my older brother was getting married in the early 1990's, he bought everyone in the wedding party some really nice gifts.

He bought an absolutely perfect copy of ASM #50 for me...crisp pages, perfectly centered cover, bright colours, no creases, flat, square corners, etc....looked like it came right off the newsstand that same day.

About 4 or 5 years after that, money was really tight, just out of university, had to pay bills so I sold the ASM #50 for $200 to a local collector.

Wish I had kept that book.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:19 AM, CAMPER49 said:

When my older brother was getting married in the early 1990's, he bought everyone in the wedding party some really nice gifts.

He bought an absolutely perfect copy of ASM #50 for me...crisp pages, perfectly centered cover, bright colours, no creases, flat, square corners, etc....looked like it came right off the newsstand that same day.

About 4 or 5 years after that, money was really tight, just out of university, had to pay bills so I sold the ASM #50 for $200 to a local collector.

Wish I had kept that book.

One of the books i'm hoping to get. If I pick up a low grade copy of it I should get it signed by Vincent D'Onofrio :)

Page of Infantino Supergirl Art... 

Sold it for $500 over eBay + shipping in late August of 2016 (Maybe early September).

Guy REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted it... and I was saving up for the house.  He also told me what a fan he was of the piece and if I had any more art from that era or of that title and character he would love to add it to his collection. 

A couple of months later* @Columbia Comics sends me a text message that the page I sold to the guy that REALLY REALLY wanted it, is in that month's CLink Auction. 

I won it back for $260.

Sometimes these things have a way of making their way back home.  However I have sold off a LOT of things that I cannot remember because at the end of the day they really did not matter. 

On the other hand though... that ASM page has come up for sale over CLink again and for yet another time I have missed owning it.

*Literally a couple of months later.  This would mean that it was handed over to CLink almost immediately for it to appear in the November auction.

RAD1EEED20161010_174515.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta