• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GGA - Deadlier Than The Male
4 4

734 posts in this topic

My copy of Crimes By Women #5... :devil:

"Sadie the Goat Queen" splash page, along with a panel demonstrating her special fighting skills (:

img066.jpg

img069.jpg

This is the most fantastic thing ever! Now I must own a copy of this! I hope the GCDB has this - it's a must read!!!

EDIT: http://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2051

Edited by pmpknface

I love how 80 and 90's comic art the girls costumes were impractical with skimpy outfits and spiked heels. They have nothing on the GA girls doing it is full length gowns and spike heels.

Edited by drotto

I love how 80 and 90's comic art the girls costumes were impractical with skimpy outfits and spiked heels. They have nothing on the GA girls doing it is full length gowns and spike heels.

On the subject of long gowns and high heels, here are some scans from one of my favorite Betty Bates stories which appeared in Hit Comics #44. There is no shortage of glamour and whoop-@ss :cloud9:

img076.jpg

img077.jpg

img078.jpg

On the subject of long gowns and high heels, here are some scans from one of my favorite Betty Bates stories which appeared in Hit Comics #44. There is no shortage of glamour and whoop-@ss :cloud9:

img076.jpg

img077.jpg

img078.jpg

So she manages to get herself to the ceiling and hold herself there, while wearing heels (the soles of those shoes would have virtually no traction to do that). At the same time having the strength to do it. And to top it off, manages to control the material of the dress so it is not draping down on top of the two men's heads, instantly giving her away. Oh!!!!! Her hair stays absolutely perfect while doing all this!!!

It all works, I love it. :applause:

Edited by drotto

So she manages to get herself to the ceiling and hold herself there, while wearing heels (the soles of those shoes would have virtually no traction to do that). At the same time having the strength to do it. And to top it off, manages to control the material of the dress so it is not draping down on top of the two men's heads, instantly giving her away. Oh!!!!! Her hair stays absolutely perfect while doing all this!!!

That's the beauty of these Golden Age fighting females. :D As far as I'm concerned, the more glamorous and impractical the attire, the better! :luhv:

That's the beauty of these Golden Age fighting females. :D As far as I'm concerned, the more glamorous and impractical the attire, the better! :luhv:

Granted the men were always in suites and ties, and usually had a hat. The hat would then defy all logic and always stay on.

Edited by drotto

2707236160_b32cd56360_o.jpg

Not just Weird, it's a total fantasy cover.

I'm trying to figure this out. The image is the splash page in the second story of Weird Adventures #1;

12.jpg

Which has this cover;

0.jpg

So how izzit that you have a different cover? Inquiring minds...:wink:

Looks like a manufactured cover. You can see the tip of the falling guy's shoe from your cover right below the first e in the word adventures on the other cover. It even has the same color as the regular #1. (at the top). Or maybe a weird Canadian reprint?

Edited by fett

Granted the men were always in suites and ties, and usually had a hat. The hat would then defy all logic and always stay on.

Check out the covers of Miss Fury #7, Lady Luck #88, and Black Phantom #1. You'll see that true queens of fighting are able to knock those hats off! :D

2707236160_b32cd56360_o.jpg

Not just Weird, it's a total fantasy cover.

I'm trying to figure this out. The image is the splash page in the second story of Weird Adventures #1;

12.jpg

Which has this cover;

0.jpg

So how izzit that you have a different cover? Inquiring minds...:wink:

This is the story which you have mostly figured out.

Someone posted a cover that consisted of a Phantom Lady splash from one of the interior stories. This inspired me to try and make my own Canadian knockoff covers. I scanned the splash of the She-wolf story and plugged it into the Weird Adventures cover and blended it in with Photoshop. Since the splash was also censored by some editor, I changed the white top back to a bare chest. It worked pretty good. I have posted several of these fantasy covers and even found one in the digital museum listed as an alternate cover.

I have posted the cover before and explained its origin and it is a better cover than the actual Weird #1 cover, I think

Edited by BB-Gun