• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You slabbed what?

118 posts in this topic

great thread idea....

anyone have pics of slabs where the book is worth less than the cost to slab it?

:kidaround:

That's probably over 90% of what you see on the census. :/

If you want cringe-worthy, bottom-of-the-barrel, dollar bin rejects that no one with any self-respect would ever submit, I have some for you, especially for you Speedball aficionados out there:

Speedball1988-001-CGC98U-0260076015_zpszkmczbso.jpg

MarvelSuperHeroes1990-014-CGC98U-0260076008_zpsjrnokn0s.jpg

NewWarriors1990-027-CGC98SS-1193064001_zpsvtj1gq65.jpg

Those are awesome :applause:

I agree fully,completely!

One of my pride and joys is my highest graded Thundercats #0 9.9 old label!!!!!

With a press and resub.......

com1cbook....

:whistle:

oh my. that's just diabolical.

Even more diabolical, these are Original Owner books.

And I couldn't be prouder!

you sir, are a genius mad scientist....the modern day dr. Frankenstein if i do say so myself....raising those demon children all by yourself...

I quite like that Speedball 1. If this thread had been done in 2005, it’s likely that the same question would’ve been asked about a slabbed Hulk 271. So, things change.

What comic have you seen slabbed (or can admit to doing yourself!) that was an absolutely nonsensical decision?

I've seen a few on ebay that I just think what was this person thinking? There's a 3rd printing of Miami Mice #1 someone had the audacity to get graded. I could think of a lot of other books to be slabbed rather than that one!

Good thread!

(thumbs u

I've slabbed all the #1 issues of the original Image titles :insane:

I've also got the books below at CGC. None are terribly valuable, but I love WWII covers and each of these have some significance to me.

x3Sw43e.jpg

HIAvKNu.jpg

chbXtxb.jpg

I also had this guy slabbed. Came back a 6.5.

Ic32STt.jpg

The pocket guide to China in 6.5! :D

It just may be worth more than some of those Image #1 titles.

The war comics I don't see anything crazy about those, they seem vintage and collectible.

Thanks for the share though!

I quite like that Speedball 1. If this thread had been done in 2005, it’s likely that the same question would’ve been asked about a slabbed Hulk 271. So, things change.

+1. I wouldn't pay much more than $30 for it, but I would love a copy in my collection.

Nothing to be ashamed of on that Batman #408. They sell for close to $100. That book has been selling well this year.

Some of my encapsulated gems:

RRhOiEB.jpg

This one I slabbed purely as a preservation project since I love the cover. And yes, that says BRITTLE pages. Also, it was free, so...

i4XjwPA.jpg

I thought this one was the first appearance of Jason Todd. doh!

And some comics I had graded or bought slabbed just because they said "Pittsburgh" on them:

EdB1Q53l.jpg

27zRcQxl.jpg

6lnE0rQ.jpg

If I found any comics that had my hometown featured I'd buy them all. Of course I'm not from a major city.