• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK Price Variants

114 posts in this topic

I'm not so sure where it's made is as relevant as its intended destination of distribution. 2c

So the moment an American product leaves America it ceases to be American??

That's why Elvis never toured outside the US.

He would have morphed into an Elvis export variant.

He would have to have eaten a tremendous quantity of fish and chips.

I'm not so sure where it's made is as relevant as its intended destination of distribution. 2c

He would've enjoyed a six-pack or two of deep-fried, battered Mars Bars. Maybe with several slabs of Kendal Mint Cake, just to be safe.

He would've enjoyed a six-pack or two of deep-fried, battered Mars Bars. Maybe with several slabs of Kendal Mint Cake, just to be safe.

Uh huh lol.com/smiley/bananas/banana213.gif' alt='banana213.gif'>

So have we come to an agreement?

Elvis would have whored himself out on Fish and Chips and deep fried Mars bars and the UK comic books we're talking about are in actuality UK price variants.

Elvis would have whored himself out on Fish and Chips and deep fried Mars bars and the UK comic books we're talking about are in actuality UK price variants.

Matt solved the comics dilemma quite succinctly.

He showed what was and what wasn't a reprint, and I understood that as well going in.

But is the UK version considered a price variant?

I still believe it should be.

He showed what was and what wasn't a reprint, and I understood that as well going in.

But is the UK version considered a price variant?

I still believe it should be.

YES

Price variant

Pence price variant

YES

FWIW, price variants predate the Bronze Age by some years. Dell tried some 15c cover prices on books also released at 10c. Uncle Scrooge #17 is one of thos, and there were many others. I'm not sure there are many collectors who care about that. (shrug)

Edit: found this site http://dellcomicfan.blogspot.ie/2011/12/in-late1950s-dell-published-several.html