• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has the better villains and heroes: Marvel or DC?

Better villains  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Better villains

46 posts in this topic

I chose DC villains as a whole because I feel they have more depth. I chose Marvel heroes as a whole because I like having flawed heroes that are more relatable to me. Please vote and discuss. Tell me why you voted the way you did.

Note: this is intended to generate a discussion, not a Marvel vs DC war.

I am surprised that DC is off to a lead in villains to be honest. Marvel has such a gallery its astonishing. Batman and Flash both have their respective rogue of villains but most are mid level at best and Spidey's alone could almost combat those. Don't forget FF's, Avengers, X-Men teams respectively etc. What does DC really have beyond those core guys villains? I know, I know, Lex Luthor, Darseid but come on Dr. Doom, Magneto, Galactus, Loki. The list goes on and on. Apocalypse, Thanos, Ultron, Venom, Red Skull, Mephisto. I LOVE DC's villains too I am in no way, shape or form taking away from them. I just think if DC has to throw in guys like Toyman and Anti-Monitor just to make a top 50 then Marvel should be able to throw in guys like Puppet-Master and Paste-Pot-Pete which it doesn't have to do to round out a top 50. (BTW I LOVE BOTH THOSE CHARACTERS haha!!) Strange Tales #104 and FF #8 :cloud9: Heck I think Constrictor and Omega Red are two of the coolest characters ever drawn but they don't even have to be on the list and may not even be the greatest villains in the tentacle category for Marve (Doc Ock) ;) . I feel like you have to dig more to come up with a list of actually cool villains from DCs list. Of course you have the classics ((again most of which come from Batmans Rogues (Scarecrow, Joker, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Rhas etc etc)(and Harley Quinn is NOT a classic yet)) but if we can use these can't we just use the Sinister Six? DC has got a TON of Awesome baddies. Solomon Grundy? sweeeeet!!! But so is the Abomination. Bizarro and Reverse Flash...Kinda weird and dated. Even guys like Crimson Dynamo and Juggernaut are AWESOME!! Deathstroke is neat but so are Bullseye and Dormammu. I saw an article once upon a time that listed Ultraman, Superman Prime, Cyborg Superman, and Bizarro in DC's top something or another. Come on gang, these 4 characters all look the EXACT SAME!!!! Woooo got a little winded there.... Bring on the pies lol

but look at my sig line before you judge I love em ALL!! Just a good debate

I am surprised that DC is off to a lead in villains to be honest. Marvel has such a gallery its astonishing. Batman and Flash both have their respective rogue of villains but most are mid level at best and Spidey's alone could almost combat those. Don't forget FF's, Avengers, X-Men teams respectively etc. What does DC really have beyond those core guys villains? I know, I know, Lex Luthor, Darseid but come on Dr. Doom, Magneto, Galactus, Loki. The list goes on and on. Apocalypse, Thanos, Ultron, Venom, Red Skull, Mephisto. I LOVE DC's villains too I am in no way, shape or form taking away from them. I just think if DC has to throw in guys like Toyman and Anti-Monitor just to make a top 50 then Marvel should be able to throw in guys like Puppet-Master and Paste-Pot-Pete which it doesn't have to do to round out a top 50. (BTW I LOVE BOTH THOSE CHARACTERS haha!!) Strange Tales #104 and FF #8 :cloud9: Heck I think Constrictor and Omega Red are two of the coolest characters ever drawn but they don't even have to be on the list and may not even be the greatest villains in the tentacle category for Marve (Doc Ock) ;) . I feel like you have to dig more to come up with a list of actually cool villains from DCs list. Of course you have the classics ((again most of which come from Batmans Rogues (Scarecrow, Joker, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Rhas etc etc)(and Harley Quinn is NOT a classic yet)) but if we can use these can't we just use the Sinister Six? DC has got a TON of Awesome baddies. Solomon Grundy? sweeeeet!!! But so is the Abomination. Bizarro and Reverse Flash...Kinda weird and dated. Even guys like Crimson Dynamo and Juggernaut are AWESOME!! Deathstroke is neat but so are Bullseye and Dormammu. I saw an article once upon a time that listed Ultraman, Superman Prime, Cyborg Superman, and Bizarro in DC's top something or another. Come on gang, these 4 characters all look the EXACT SAME!!!! Woooo got a little winded there.... Bring on the pies lol

It's DC all the way for me... heroes & villains. To add to the list of classic DC villains above:

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

Looking at the modern villains, I think we'll be talking about the Court of Owls for years to come.

But not Bane meh

It's DC all the way for me... heroes & villains. To add to the list of classic DC villains above:

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

Looking at the modern villains, I think we'll be talking about the Court of Owls for years to come.

But not Bane meh

5 of those 8 are BATMAN Rogues...I said etc etc. :baiting: Black Adam is a Fawcett character doesn't count IMO :)

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

But not Bane meh

5 of those 8 are BATMAN Rogues...I said etc etc. :baiting: Black Adam is a Fawcett character doesn't count IMO :)

You have very good points. I just think most of the Marvel villains are misunderstood. They don't have a Joker who is just plain bad...I guess Carnage could be just as brutal. Now you are making me rethink my original conception. (thumbs u

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

But not Bane meh

Catwoman, Mr Freeze & Two-Face are not "etc etc" :sumo:

;)

Captain Marvel & Black Adam are part of the DC Universe and too good to be excluded on a technicality lol

I way prefer the villains Marvel has, I think DC are weak in comparison,

DC I like Joker, Lex Luthor, Zod, Doomsday, Sinestro, Bane, Soloman Grundy, Darkseid, then I start to struggle

Marvel I like Dr Doom, Thanos, Mephisto, Loki, Rhino, Juggernaut, Magneto, Apocalypse, Sabretooth, Lizard, Venom, The Leader, Wendigo, Absorbing Man, Ultron, Galactus, Terrax, Green Goblin, Carnage, Kingpin, Bullseye, Abomination, Destroyer, Sandman, Nimrod etc etc etc

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

But not Bane meh

You have very good points. I just think most of the Marvel villains are misunderstood. They don't have a Joker who is just plain bad...I guess Carnage could be just as brutal. Now you are making me rethink my original conception. (thumbs u

Agreed and thanks... you can NOT make a list of ALL TIME VILLAINs without the JOKER!! He is right up there as one of the greatest villains of all time for sure.

and screaming which side you like best won't work here...this is an internet forum...we are chatting :makepoint::D

Green Goblin

Electro

Mysterio

Doc Ock

Sandman

Lizard

Kingpin

Vulture

The Beetle

Toxin

Venom

Hydro-Man

Morbius

Shocker

Hammerhead

Hobgoblin

The Jackel

Chameleon

Just to round out a few of wait for it...just Spidey's foes alone off the top of my head (thumbs u

I do agree the aforementioned are definitely worthy of more than etc etc BUT like I stated I felt I was getting a bit winded and afraid I would have lost most after the first two sentences haha!! Great topic though BOTH ROCK and are TONS of fun!!

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

But not Bane meh

Don't forget Darkseid and basically all of Apokolips: Female Furies, Granny Goodness, Kalibak and all that. Plus hordes of Parademons.

Mongul and Warworld. The Black Mercy. Can't forget those.

DC, for sure. (thumbs u

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

But not Bane meh

Don't forget Darkseid and basically all of Apokolips: Female Furies, Granny Goodness, Kalibak and all that. Plus hordes of Parademons.

Mongul and Warworld. The Black Mercy. Can't forget those.

DC, for sure. (thumbs u

Granny "for" Goodness "sake" :sick::eek: Not JKs greatest creation there. I'm calling VETO on that one just for the sake of my DC brethren's pride.

Female Furies, Granny Goodness, Kalibak and these are some of DC's best????? lol

Let's not forget Joker earth 1, Joker earth 2, Joker earth 3 etc etc

I like Gorilla Grod, Parasite, and of course Harley Quinn!!!!!

Never liked Penguin in the comics, but think he's great in Gotham ;-)

Catwoman (traditionally)

Mr Freeze

Two-Face

General Zod

Brainiac

Sinestro

Black Adam

Great villains (thumbs u

But not Bane meh

Darkseid is an aswome DC villain.

Darkseid is a great character, carrying most of the other Apokolips gods, and my other favourite is the underused Doctor Bedlam. The rest of them are quite weak or ridiculous, such as Virman Vunderbar and Glorious Godfrey.

Granny "for" Goodness "sake" :sick::eek: Not JKs greatest creation there. I'm calling VETO on that one just for the sake of my DC brethren's pride.
(tsk) That's because "you don't know Granny the way we do". :insane:

That's a great fight scene from Apocalypse (thumbs u

The absurdity of Granny's character is what makes it work so well. I always wondered where the inspiration came from.